PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed: Cupboard Door #2

shonastar
13-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Another of the cupboard doors has had a makeover......................................ta da!
But I have a problem, the creative juices have dried up and I have 3 more doors to repurpose, any ideas/suggestions??! (And yes Queen Unapam, as your humble subject I would be honoured if this too was nicked, the idea that is!)
I now have visions of Queen Unapam climbing over my back wall in full royal regalia in the dead of night LOL!!
PS. forgot to say, it's a blackboard (fairly obvious I know)
PS 2 looking through the archives I've just discovered that Unapam did one of these months ago..............ooops! :-) Off with my head then!

Tallon
13-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Hahahha, thats a great idea

The Mammy
13-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi
What great work,you really are doing well with those doors, They look fab.,,
What about making a lap tray from one or two of them, I'm not quite sure how you'd go about it but I've attached a couple of photos of what I mean to give you an idea, might be a challenge for you?
Also what about making one into a mirror? you could add some mouldings on the corners and you might even be lucky enough to get some mirror glass or tiles on J.T..
Keep up the good work, we'll be all waiting to see what you do next.
Best wishes
The Mammy

Edited;What happened to the photo's that I had here?

paprika
13-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Well done shonastar, it looks lovely!

unapam
13-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I love it! I WILL be climbing over your garden wall to nick your undone doors!

It is very shabby chic! You can also paint one up, add some wire in a trellis pattern and slip photos behind the wires for a wall hung photo display.

MMMM...methinks we have a pretender to my throne! This means war!!!!

Linn
13-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Beautiful work and very creative. Well done.

rccrchickie
14-11-2008, 07:39 PM
You could possibly use piano hinges, to put together all three remaining doors, to make a screen. You could either then fill in the panels with wallpaper, paintings or fabric panels. If your good with a jigsaw, you could could cut out a design or you could attatch glass voltives/containers for tea-lights and make a stunning candle light screen. Nice work btw.

shonastar
16-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, I loved the Mammy's idea and was definitely making a tray, and then I saw the idea about the screen and loved that one too! However, I'm very concious of the lack of space in my house so I wanted to make something that would be used (and I can't see anyone bringing me breakfast in bed on a tray!!) Inspiration struck this afternoon, it's a very simple idea, it's something I need but don't have, and most importantly it won't cost anything. Will post photos soon, best wishes to everyone, x.

summersun
16-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Shonastar,

What beautiful work..... As christmas is coming how about turning one into an advent calendar, you could glue 24 red and green pockets on to a christmas tree backing design.... unique....

Or

A unique different shape dart board???/

or

A notice board... for memos or for displaying children's artwork

Happy working you and Unapam are an inspiration to the rest of us like me who cant even draw a stickman.

Take Care
Summersun

unapam
16-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Ahhhggggh!! you are going to keep us in suspense! Can't wait to see what is becomes...

summersun
16-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Well Shonastar, have you finished it yet????? come on now hurry up as we are all dying to see what you have created

Summersun lol

maggied
20-08-2009, 10:37 PM
bathroom mirror ...........place a mirror in the recess of the door .then a small pull out shaving mirror attached to the side . then attach some holders to the bottom ie toothbrush holder , glass holder ,razor holder ...just a thought !!!!! cant wlit to see your next one

minnie pal
21-08-2009, 11:37 PM
You are not gonna believe me but i have a left over kitchen press door and was going to dump it until i saw the ideas here.
I have already covered a bar stool seat with some fluffy pink material got here from a jumble towner which i also did some other work with and now i am going to do the same for the middle of this door, pad it as someone here says and put ribbon on it. I am using colourful striped material on one feature wall so shall use the same colours for the trellis ribbon work.
I have brown uphostry pins i got for the stool so i might bang in these all around the edge to match the bar stool.
see, from some ideas here comes variations when you see others working the juices.
xminnie pal