PDA

View Full Version : Help how do i remove orange highlighter

summersun
30-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Help me please jt people ....

My loving kids have managed to get "ORANGE HIGHLIGHTER PEN" on my beautiful, WHITE, hand decorated, wash by hand only!!! christmas table cloth...

HELP cant find any way to remove it ... any helpful ideas..

Many thanks
Summersun

jenniferalan
30-12-2008, 11:13 PM
my mum swears by those crystals cant think what the name is think its sodium crystals, u put the tablecloth into the sink or basin and leave it steaping for about an hr and it will do the job, bi carbonate of soda would be good too but id try the other one first cos its been around for years! i clean my runners in it over night and they come out shining clean and not out of shape like what happens in the washing machine!

summersun
30-12-2008, 11:35 PM
my mum swears by those crystals cant think what the name is think its sodium crystals, u put the tablecloth into the sink or basin and leave it steaping for about an hr and it will do the job, bi carbonate of soda would be good too but id try the other one first cos its been around for years! i clean my runners in it over night and they come out shining clean and not out of shape like what happens in the washing machine!

Thanks Jenniferalan... will look out for sodium crystals never seen them before...

Summersun

bings
01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi Have you tried head & shoulders shampoo it is fantastic for taking a colour out of your hair. might work

ireneo
01-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi
Hairspray works on all kinds of ink stains, just spray it on and leave a while, worth a try
Hope it helps. Your tablecloth sounds gorgeous by the way!

Happy New Year!!!

summersun
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Bings,

Thanks for that ... its is so way out that it could just work!!!

Thanks Ireno, i posess no hairspray.... but will ask a friend, i will try all of the ideas and let you know which one if not all works...

Thanks Summersun

summersun
13-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Tried the crystals and unfortunately it didn't work...

Anybody else any ideas??

Thanks Summersun

misstake
13-01-2009, 09:33 PM
there is a stain remover you can buy its very good lol just found it is called ecozone its great stuff ive just used it and it works great it says removes stains without chemicals

Carmadon
13-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I would try Milton, I use it on many things to remove stains. :)

summersun
21-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I would try Milton, I use it on many things to remove stains. :)

I went out and got some milton... IT didnt work but brought back happy memories with the smell

thanks Carmadon

Summersun

STILL LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS PLEASE....

summersun
21-01-2009, 09:25 PM
there is a stain remover you can buy its very good lol just found it is called ecozone its great stuff ive just used it and it works great it says removes stains without chemicals

Hi misstake .... cant wait to try your idea , really hope this one works

thanks

poppie
21-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi,

I recently had pen on my carpet and my sister in law suggested that I use nailvarnish remover to get it out (must still do this so don't know if it will work on carpet). She used it before to get pen marks out of a duvet cover. Used cotton wool to put some on and then some cotton wool on the back to soak it up.

Hope this works if you are trying it.

Ta
poppie

summersun
25-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Poppie, thanks for your suggestion.. i tried your varnish remover ... and the answer is ... wait for it nooooooooooo it hasnt worked....

Will nothing remove this orange highlighter???????

Any other ideas please

thanks so much summersun

Hi,

I recently had pen on my carpet and my sister in law suggested that I use nailvarnish remover to get it out (must still do this so don't know if it will work on carpet). She used it before to get pen marks out of a duvet cover. Used cotton wool to put some on and then some cotton wool on the back to soak it up.

Hope this works if you are trying it.

Ta
poppie

paprika
29-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh, summersun, that's awful! My Grandma used to say for these cases: "only with vinegary scissors...".
But there must some truth in it, vinegar is used instead of bleach on many occasions, so probably worth a try (without the scissors, lol!). But make sure it's not malt vinegar, cause that one stains too (I know, I soaked the nappies in that once :().

Good luck, hope something will get it out.

Regards,
p

summersun
29-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh Pappy... ( do you like the nickname?) never thought of white vinegar... will try that, also misstake has recommended an eco powder that i will try, and i have just bought a stain remover by Dr Beckmann that show a pretty picture of a pink highlighter pen!!! with the slogan "it works because we care about cleaning"... if these three ideas dont work ill probably have a hole where the stain was... i can always embroider another christmas design over the stain...

thanks everybody take care Summersun

Oh, summersun, that's awful! My Grandma used to say for these cases: "only with vinegary scissors...".
But there must some truth in it, vinegar is used instead of bleach on many occasions, so probably worth a try (without the scissors, lol!). But make sure it's not malt vinegar, cause that one stains too (I know, I soaked the nappies in that once :().

Good luck, hope something will get it out.

Regards,
p

paprika
29-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey, Pappi means Grandad in Hungarian... :)

I imagine myself with glasses (actually, I have them...), moustache and white hair, lol!

misstake
29-01-2009, 08:10 PM
this brings to mind my grand daughter who was about five lol at her grandaddys furneral she sat on my knee and in the middle of the service looked at me and said '' granny you have a lovley mouse tash "" it was very hard not to laugh out loud

paprika
29-01-2009, 08:40 PM
ha ha :)

summersun
29-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Love the picture papy.... ive a lot to learn from you... Hungarian so i can read your book, how not to throw my lovely DISPOSABLE nappies in the bin but to use washable ones... dont know if there is enough time in the day for that :-( ... and how not to throw my milk that has reached its bb date down the sink even if its not curdled.... not in a month of sundays.... and heres me who lived in Kenya...

is there any hope for me
Summersun

P.S whats the weather like temperature wise in Hungary now???

ha ha :)