PDA

View Full Version : cuttings from a monkey puzzle tree?

barbershop
02-01-2009, 02:17 PM
any body can give me advice on how to take cutting from a monkey puzzle tree. Am planing on making several smaller trees insteadon large tree. Any help would be most help full.

MANY THANKS

summersun
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi,

If you go into the google search engine and type in "taking cuttings from a monkey puzzle tree", you will get a list of responses from various botanical gardens some saying you can others saying you cant,

I tried using small 3" leaf snips dipped in professional dipping compound and out of about 12 i managed to get one to root only to have it die later! i dont think large portions of tree will be sucessfully transplanted , BUT i wait to be proven wrong,

Hope it works out for u, am currently trying to propogate jacaranda and mimosa seeds... but lack the proper equipment. Managed to get oleander to grow as well as peppercorn trees... but left them outside so waiting to see if the frost has killed them, as they live in much warmer climate than here.

Good luck
Summersun

Bettybooboopbedoop
04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
These grow from seed, sorry they won't grow from cuttings. The first foot takes roughly 10 yrs to grow. Slow, but beautiful.