PDA

View Full Version : Used Christmas Cards

mc1
05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Looking for ideas to recycle these?

Naillij
05-01-2009, 12:21 PM
My 7 year old son and i spend a lovely afternoon every january cutting up the old cards to make interesting tags for next year. Some other ladies on here said they do the same in another discussion

ireneo
05-01-2009, 12:37 PM
They are also very good for playschools and kids groups for cutting up and sticking on paper. Hours of fun. They all love the glittery bits especially

mrsl
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for any (nice) christmas cards. I'll be using them in a christmas card project for charity next year.

If you're willing to post a few to me, I'll make a donation to charity to cover postage cost. Just pm me for my address.

I will of course recycle properly the cards that are not used.

Thanks
mrsl

jenniferalan
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Naillij, this sounds like a great idea, do u attach some string so the tag can be turned over to see whats written on the other side or do u fold card in half and glue it on to the present?

Naillij
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I just attact one edge with sellotape, back and front, so it can be turned over and back and the message written on the inside side....does that make sense written down?!

4eyes
05-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I cut larger ones in circles to make lids for my small plum puddings which I make in 1lb. foil containers.
Smaller ones I use as shopping lists, so every one of my old cards are put to good use.
Joan.

mrsl
06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
This is what I intend to do with mine this year

some samples below made from last years cards - just old cards cut up and stuck to new card balnks with a few bits and bobs added to enhance.

Mbell
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi Have you tried your local pre-school or primary school ?
Teachers may be glad to have the pictures for next Dec when doing Christmas Art. The blank backs make good card for writing on!

mem
18-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm looking for any (nice) christmas cards. I'll be using them in a christmas card project for charity next year.

If you're willing to post a few to me, I'll make a donation to charity to cover postage cost. Just pm me for my address.

Thanks
mrsl

We have cards to send you. May I have your address. Thanks.

mrsl
19-02-2009, 07:42 AM
sending pm to you mem

Ecoprincess
20-02-2009, 05:45 PM
you can make little boxes and lids out of them origami style for small gifts next year or hang them as decorations on your xmas tree.

I make them and store self collected seeds in them for the next year sowing.

HipHop
03-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Are you looking for used Christmas cards?

donnamia
08-01-2013, 06:35 PM
send them to a charity ro recycle for next christmas, they cut the picture off and dmount it onto card and sell it for funds

Athy55
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
The Special Needs Centre where I work accept old cards of any sort. We use them to make 'new' cards and sell them at our Centre to generate funds for our craft classes throughout the year. We'd be delighted to receive any Christmas, Birthday or any other occassion cards. Our address is BEAM Services, Barrow Haven, Regent Street, Bagenalstown, Co Carlow. If you live nearby feel free to pop in with them, we'd be delighted to see you. Thanks for reading.
Athy55

mts2312
14-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Thanks
mrsl

If you give me your address I will send you my Christmas cards
Regards mts2312

radharc
15-01-2013, 08:17 PM
The Special Needs Centre where I work accept old cards of any sort. We use them to make 'new' cards and sell them at our Centre to generate funds for our craft classes throughout the year. We'd be delighted to receive any Christmas, Birthday or any other occassion cards. Our address is BEAM Services, Barrow Haven, Regent Street, Bagenalstown, Co Carlow. If you live nearby feel free to pop in with them, we'd be delighted to see you. Thanks for reading.
Athy55

Hi ya,
I have a bag of assorted Christmas & Birthday cards,will drop them down to you before the end of the week,if you give me your name I will mark them for your attention.

Regards
Radharc