PDA

View Full Version : Can you delete a thread?

Gabsdot
14-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Is it possible to delete one of my threads?

Chris P
14-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Is it possible to delete one of my threads?
Hi Gabsdot,

Members can "soft delete" a thread by clicking on the Edit Post button at the bottom right of their post and then choosing from the first box that pops up.

"Soft Delete" removes the text of a post or thead from public view. Admin then removes the complete ad.

NB. If a Giver removes the first post in a ad/thread, then the whole ad/thread disappears. Deleting a post in the middle of an ad/thread only affects that particular post. (Hope that's clear!)

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Gabsdot
14-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Sorry. I'm obviously missing something. I can't find a 'soft delete' option on the first page.
Am I thick??

Bettybooboopbedoop
14-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I think Soft Delete is just a phrase. If you are deleting a post and not a full thread, If you click on the edit button and select delete it just deletes the text in that particular post, (Soft Deleting) rather than deleting the full thread and erasing the whole thread altogether. The post still appears with no text on it, usually saying deleted by ???. Then admin will delete that particular part to tidy up the thread.
Any Better?

Chris P
14-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry. I'm obviously missing something. I can't find a 'soft delete' option on the first page.
Am I thick??
Hi Gabsdot,

Let me know which thread you want deleted and I'll look after it.

Regards
Chris P
Admin