PDA

View Full Version : mayo galway ads

skip
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
dont see many ads at all from the west im a dub but my friend says theres never anything from the west i just noticed it myself wonder why?

Chris P
04-11-2006, 12:05 PM
dont see many ads at all from the west im a dub but my friend says theres never anything from the west i just noticed it myself wonder why?

Hi Skip,

Many thanks for your feedback on JumbleTown. As you rightly say, JumbleTown hasn’t managed to attract many Givers and Takers in the West and Northwest so far. It’s partly due to demographics (population numbers and density) but also a lack of public awareness of the site in these regions.

As JumbleTown has a miniscule marketing budget, we’ve had to rely on the benevolence and interest of the general public and the media to promote the site. In the past few months, JumbleTown personnel have contacted practically all of the national and local media. We’ve had some great coverage in Munster and Leinster but very little in Connaght and Ulster. We’ve done interviews on over a dozen radio stations around the country, but so far in the North Midlands and West, only Shannonside Radio (the “Deirdre Kelly Show”) and Clare FM ("Morning Focus") have managed to fit us into their busy schedules. We hope it’s only a matter of time before other stations and papers find room for us.

JumbleTown is very grateful to the general public and the media for all their help so far. Some Local Authorities, environmental groups, and a number of non-environment related websites have also kindly put up links to JumbleTown.

JumbleTown’s media diary can be seen here: http://www.jumbletown.ie/media2.htm

If Members would like to help spread the word, JumbleTown Posters (A4 size) can be downloaded here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

OneofThree
06-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi, I'm from Galway and I've put up a couple of things which have all been quickly reacted to and collected by people from this region. So while the presence might not yet be large it is definitely there.

Chris P
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi, I'm from Galway and I've put up a couple of things which have all been quickly reacted to and collected by people from this region. So while the presence might not yet be large it is definitely there.

Hi OneofThree,

We hope to increase our presence in Galway/The West in the very near future. Some Galway publications have contacted us in recent days. Looks like your posts have done the trick! Well done, and many thanks!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

OneofThree
07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi Chris, Just to let you know that I first read about Jumbletown in Prudence magazine in a waiting room. I couldn't remember the url when I got home and contacted them directly. They were really helpful and passed on your details immediately so you might add them to your media list. I think it was in last month's issue. Also, I just wanted to check is there any reason why there's no link to contact Admin directly. I might have missed it but I couldn't find one when I looked.

One of Three

Chris P
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I first read about Jumbletown in Prudence magazine in a waiting room. I couldn't remember the url when I got home and contacted them directly. They were really helpful and passed on your details immediately so you might add them to your media list. One of Three

Hi OneofThree,

Prudence magazine and indeed House and Home magazine (both Dyflin publications) have been good to JumbleTown. A big shout out for them!

http://www.prudence.ie/

http://www.houseandhome.ie/

Also, I just wanted to check is there any reason why there's no link to contact Admin directly. I might have missed it but I couldn't find one when I looked.One of Three

Just beneath the Wanted Section, you will find a link marked "View Forum Leaders." You can PM or email Admin from there. There is also a link marked "Contact Us", which can be found at the bottom right of the Home Page (just above the long list of links to the Local Authorities).

Thanks again!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

OneofThree
07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi sorry about missing the admin link, it's just me being text blind!!!

Chris P
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
...as we all are, at times.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Janeway
22-04-2009, 11:33 PM
well i am from dublin, not lived there for a while now, and i notice the same thing, i know the knowledge is not good down here as the dump is always full in kilkee and you are not allowed to help yourself to anything anymore even in the recycling part of it.

ennis has its own yahoo page for the freecycle.org but its limited, not at all like this page and more wanted stuff then giving stuff most of the time.

i try and tell as many as i can about this and get them to use it, using the address as a pm on bebo, facebook, msn etc, even my blog entries.

because its not so much west as it is east and midlands, i have a problem collecting things I REALLY REALLY need like furniture for our new home we are moving in june to it, i am renting a real large old house right now and could store the stuff till june if i could get it.

does anyone know of people who would collect furniture for covering their costs or a small fee, as i dont drive and need to start thinking house stuff asap, i hate to buy new, just give things a new home and pass on stuff i dont need anymore.

pm me please if you know about the whole delivery thing, cheers

Chris P
22-04-2009, 11:51 PM
well i am from dublin, not lived there for a while now, and i notice the same thing, i know the knowledge is not good down here as the dump is always full in kilkee and you are not allowed to help yourself to anything anymore even in the recycling part of it.

ennis has its own yahoo page for the freecycle.org but its limited, not at all like this page and more wanted stuff then giving stuff most of the time.

i try and tell as many as i can about this and get them to use it, using the address as a pm on bebo, facebook, msn etc, even my blog entries.

because its not so much west as it is east and midlands, i have a problem collecting things I REALLY REALLY need like furniture for our new home we are moving in june to it, i am renting a real large old house right now and could store the stuff till june if i could get it.

does anyone know of people who would collect furniture for covering their costs or a small fee, as i dont drive and need to start thinking house stuff asap, i hate to buy new, just give things a new home and pass on stuff i dont need anymore.

pm me please if you know about the whole delivery thing, cheers
Hi Janeway,

Many thanks for helping to promote JumbleTown on your bebo and facebook pages and also on your blog.

As you say, JumbleTowners are still few and far between in the West, no doubt due to demographics, problems with broadband access in some places, and lack of advertising.

However, we'll be running some ads for about two weeks on Clare FM, Limerick's Live 95 FM, and Galway Bay FM in the very near future. (The ads are paid for by Clare County Council, Limerick County and City Councils, and Galway County Council under the Local Agenda 21 Scheme.)

Re: Delivery of items: We expect Members to arrange collection of items off the public forum. The Yellow Pages should list some that are local to you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

jenniferalan
23-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi Skip, I am in Galway. There are at least 15 other members from Galway that are regulars on the site. Keep a look out!

keno
23-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi, i know theres a few from mayo on site as a few of them have got items from me. everywhere i go i never stop talking about it ,so it should be getting stronger from now on.

Chris P
23-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi, i know theres a few from mayo on site as a few of them have got items from me. everywhere i go i never stop talking about it ,so it should be getting stronger from now on.
Thanks for your support, keno. Much appreciated!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

nono
23-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi all, I'm from Galway. So far I've only managed to recruit 3 people to jumbletown but every little helps........... plus I'll keep passing the word.

Best Wishes, Nono

paprika
24-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Gaillimh abú! hee hee
I've passed on things to and got things from a good few JTers in the area, and I know about a lot more who are online regularly. So the west is coming up...

regards,
p

kilk
24-04-2009, 02:24 PM
yes indeed, the west's awake!
i know lots of jtrs in locality! some of em are nocturnal tho..

galwaygem
28-04-2009, 04:27 PM

Hi skip, I live in Galway and I only heard about this site yesterday, I must have heard something about it on the radio. My husband works in one of the big factories here in Galway so I am going to have him put one of the posters up in the canteen, this site is BRILLIANT. I have to tell everyone I know about it and get the west awake. lol

Chris P
28-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi skip, I live in Galway and I only heard about this site yesterday, I must have heard something about it on the radio. My husband works in one of the big factories here in Galway so I am going to have him put one of the posters up in the canteen, this site is BRILLIANT. I have to tell everyone I know about it and get the west awake. lol
Hi Galwaygem, and welcome to JumbleTown.

Many thanks to you and all the other good folk in the West who are doing their bit to spread the word about JumbleTown.

Also, Galway County Council have kindly given us some funding for a small marketing campaign, so we'll be running an ad in the May 8th and May 15th editions of the Connacht Tribune. Look out for us!

Thanks again!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

galwaygem
28-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Galwaygem, and welcome to JumbleTown.

Many thanks to you and all the other good folk in the West who are doing their bit to spread the word about JumbleTown.

Also, Galway County Council have kindly given us some funding for a small marketing campaign, so we'll be running an ad in the May 8th and May 15th editions of the Connacht Tribune. Look out for us!

Thanks again!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

That's great news, this site should be government funded in the name of recycling, its a brilliant site and I am totally addicted. Long may you continue.

Chris P
28-04-2009, 08:33 PM
That's great news, this site should be government funded in the name of recycling, its a brilliant site and I am totally addicted. Long may you continue.
Hi galwaygem,

Over the past 3 years, 16 of the State's 34 Local Authorities have given us some funding for marketing purposes (this is under the Local Agenda 21 Scheme).

At present, 10 Local Authorities support us. Galway County Council is our sole backer in Connaught this year, though Galway City Council and Sligo Borough Council did kindly help us with some advertising last year. Roscommon County Council funded our brief radio-ad campaign in that county in 2006.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

nono
29-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Chris, just a little tip about publicity. Theres a local FREE Galway paper called the Galway Advertiser which is delivered to all homes on Thursdays. Its actually much more widely read than the Connacht Tribune which comes out on Fridays. Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe you could run one of the Ads in the Advertiser.

Best Wishes, Nono

Chris P
29-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Chris, just a little tip about publicity. Theres a local FREE Galway paper called the Galway Advertiser which is delivered to all homes on Thursdays. Its actually much more widely read than the Connacht Tribune which comes out on Fridays. Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe you could run one of the Ads in the Advertiser.

Best Wishes, Nono
Thanks for that, Nono. I'll pass it on to the guys in charge of marketing.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

TanTan
07-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Dont forget the Galway Independent. Free paper too.