PDA

View Full Version : where did YOU hear of this site?

skip
07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
i heard from it in a womans / parents site www.rollercoaster.ie just curious ;) have told others about it and they think its great

Aceshigh
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
It Was My Buisness Partner That Told Me About This Website He Said That His Kids Were Told About It In School And Its The Best Thing That Has Been Told To Me I Have Told Loads Of People And I Have Actually Been Told That When We Go Out To The Pub Not To Bore Everyone About This Fabulous Site
..thanx
....wayne

Patience
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I heard about it from my mother.

steptoe & son
08-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi , I Heard about it on 2FM the gerry ryan show a good few months ago , I wonder if the man himself ( G Ryan ) ever logs on , & if so what would his user
name be ??

Bunty
08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi all,
My son made me aware of this great site. It appears many of his colleagues log on to it. I've had great fun & luck with it, long may it continue.
Bunty.

JamesK
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I heard an Interview with the guy who set up Jumbletown on the radio.

doyler06
09-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I heard about this site from a friend. Have told all my friends and family about it as i think its a super site.

durran
09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
one of those free newspapers

cici
11-11-2006, 09:49 PM
my mum..she heard about it at work in ireland west airport knock!

Fries-With-That
11-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I found this site whilst doing a google search for something completely different altogether.
I'm lucky enough to be able to log on anytime I like and I have to admit this site is addictive.
I love going to car boot sales, auctions and markets, they, like this site always have a surprise in store. In my opinion 90% of the interest in sites like this is seeing what exactly people are looking for and what indeed people are giving away.

Regards,

Fries.

Gra
12-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I found a link to this website on the yahoo Groups freecycle group. It is much the same as this but I personally prefer this forum (bulletin board) style rather than the yahoo groups as you don't have to go searching for your message or to see if the item you want has been taken yet (ie new message!). There also seems to be a faster/better take up on offers here than on freecycle which is great for me. For those that don't use or are not aware of it the freecyle it can be found here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LeinsterFreecycle/

G

blackbeauty
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I heard about Jumbletown from a colleague in the office and i have told practically all my friends about the site! Too good to keep to oneself!

eurogolf
12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
a close friend told me about the site, every now and again, cant help but have a look!!

paloula
12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I heard about it in work - somebody wanted to give away something, and this site was suggested on our work bulletin board - to over 2000 people....
well done,
p

plato
15-11-2006, 03:10 PM
An interview with himself, the name escapes me now.

Faroutthere
15-11-2006, 05:04 PM
we got the information off a guy we tortured for 3 days.

Faroutthere
15-11-2006, 05:05 PM
i joke

Faroutthere
15-11-2006, 05:06 PM
he actually told us about the website after 4 days

Bunty
15-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Jemima
15-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi
I heard about this site on the RTE News (yes believe it or not) just after it was launched. A woman was showing how she fitted out her brand new apartment, all the stuff coming from Jumbletown. She said she had to do a lot of "to"ing and "fro"ing but it was all worth it. And boy did the place look spectacular. I went into the site immedately and yes I saw her livingroom table on it - "Taken" obviously. So it was true!
Since then everyone I speak to for more than 20mins gets to hear about the site. As most people are either looking to buy something or looking to get rid of something and Im usually the person they ask.

Rufus Fornow
26-11-2006, 03:36 AM
I told a friend about freecycle (before I got fed up with it) and she returned the favour by telling me about Jumbletown.

sweetpea
27-11-2006, 12:01 PM
My 21 year old son told me about it. He's a browser as he's not got much to give, and he's living with me so doesn't need much either. That may all change when he moves out in the new year! Like others I've seen post here, I grew up with nowt, and have never felt any shame about using what others no longer need, or passing on to others what I no longer need. If it doesn't go straight to family or friends it'll come here.

Sarsfield
02-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I followed a link in a thread on the 'Green Issues' board of www.boards.ie

Faroutthere
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Im a serial thread killer or filler !!depending on your perception of humour.
Your not Bunty from Roscommon are u? Just curious as I knows a bunty

Konerbation
21-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I typed 'recycling in offaly' or 'offaly county council' or something into google and an ad for jumbletown came up?!

yummy
22-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I heard about this site from my brother in law!! he never stops talking about it and how great everyone on here is.

mel
23-12-2006, 03:44 AM
I'm the same as GRA above and found a link to it on the Freecycle group site.

Banshee
08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi all,
I heard about this site on board a Boat coming from the Arann Islands t'was a very cold wet and windy day, with 2 old ladies chatting like escaped turkey's from XMass 2006. infact i just about heard everything and anything to what's going on in County Clare. It was like something from father Ted with a touch of Benny Hill in a mental Clare way.

Regards

Banshee....x

Ps,
i'll never say what they said brrr
T'was creepy stuff.......

skip
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
well u cud write a story with that way of finding out haha i can just imagine wonder what the old ladies nicknames are hmmm ;)

Banshee
08-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll never say Clare is a small place, t'iss good to be a Banshee brrr...

Clanagael
08-01-2007, 04:48 PM
..one of my mates has furnished most of her apartment from this site. some nice stuff if I must say

erikaedithp
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I was searching in internet and a found it in Gumtree website, now I put all the time ads in diferentes website to let more people know about this great web!!!!
Cheers
Erika

Debracd
25-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Somebody posted about it on www.irishwomenonline.com last year and I was so impressed I added a link to it in my signature for quite a while :)

corker
18-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I came across it in some local authority piece on recycling. Can't remember which la site on the web. But I do think it is great.
Well done but it does need to get bigger in Cork

Higgeldy
30-04-2007, 08:52 AM
I heard about it on pigsback.com, and have gotten now that Im checking the "wanted" posts to see if there is anything I can help with! And yes, Im an absolute bore, I tell EVERYONE of it!!!!

bizzybody
07-05-2007, 01:12 AM
...i heard about it on the gerry ryan show twice! Am totally addicted to it, giving and taking on a regular basis. Just curious....when is the first birthday of the site (or did i miss it already?)

Dave Hagan
07-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi bizzybody,

You've just missed our birthday - we officially launched on the 22-04-06.

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin

acket
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Happy late birthday, I'll put a post in Wanted for some "Sorry its late" cards.

See you are getting close to the 10000th member, any plans or hush hush.

I was looking forward to decluttering a load of baby stuff at the mo but just been informed my wifes cousin is 6months gone and looking for stuff, meaning Ive got to trip over it for another 3 months.
Any chance of jt offering storage facilities ;-)

Oh yes keeping on thread I think I heard about jt on Gerry Ryan.

clutterbugk
15-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Article in longford leader last week. hope lots of other people in the area join up too.

deroiste
18-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Seen the ad in Kilkenny People last week.

colmsmum
26-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Someone mentioned it in a listing on Freecycle a few week's ago so straight away i checked it out and have been addicted ever since. It's a credit to admin, keep up the good work.

Orla1973
13-07-2007, 12:33 AM
My sister logged onto this site the other night and I registered straight away, I'm so impressed.

Regards,
Orla1973

Orla1973
13-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey Clutterbugk, I'm from Athlone and I see someone else who is from Westmeath, that is very handy.

Regards,
Orla1973

ellenj
19-07-2007, 01:34 PM
LOVE this website. We tell anyone who will listen about it and have become predictably boring in raving about JumbleTown.

My husband heard about it from his sister. We have just bought a new house and the seller's aren't leaving their appliances. We have been so grateful to be able to pick up several things from JumbleTown, even a futon bed.

Thank you to all concerned, and the admin of this wonderful site.
Ellenj

lemon meringue pie
15-08-2007, 02:04 PM
2FM Gerry Ryan show, I think. Took a while before I logged on and then another while before I made my first jumble trip, 40 odd miles for a lovely dressing table - well worth it. Great idea.

Sabrinabray
08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I heard about the site from my friend who heard about it from her son who now gives out to us as it is 'his site'

He heard about it from his friend who got 'decks' on it and was delighted.

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT SITE!

Thanks all

Sabrina

buster44
05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
i heard about the site on my local radio station kfm

ozieandros
30-10-2007, 02:39 PM
My husband was told of this site by someone he recently spoke to. I have told a friend of mine in Cork in the course of a conversation. Planning to tell anyone asking me for a good site too!

Jaws
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
And on to November! Yes my childminder told me about it (hope she's not logging on during the day!) and she loves the site.......... as do I now and I've passed the message on.

Linn
05-04-2008, 09:17 PM
My friend Clare told me about the site and ive been hooked ever since. I have told friends, family members and anyone else that will listen to me ha ha. Ive also got some many people hooked. It is a brill site and ive got so much wonderful stuff and have given away lots of stuff and have made alot of good pals. Long may this site last.

dee82
10-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I heard about the site on Ray Darcys show. Now I'm always logging on. Hopefully it will pay off as i hope to be aquiring my first house soon so could do with all the help I could get!
I think I've told just about anyone who'll listen to me about Jumbletown so hopefully doing my bit:)

Dee82

Chris P
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I heard about the site on Ray Darcys show. Now I'm always logging on. Hopefully it will pay off as i hope to be aquiring my first house soon so could do with all the help I could get!
I think I've told just about anyone who'll listen to me about Jumbletown so hopefully doing my bit:)

Dee82
Thanks for helping to spread the JumbleTown word, dee82!

Thanks also to everyone who has passed on the message and/or given us feedback...and not forgetting the radio stations and newspapers around the country who've played a major part in JumbleTown's development. Cheers!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

ozieandros
10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
In my case I stumbled upon jumbletown.ie by accident! I was ready to download an article to read about damage done to the jungle. My 1/2 screen name Ozie (My Old English Sheepdog aka Bobtail) Jumped on me for a cuddle and being a big dog! Hit the keyboard as I was typing. Jungle became jumble (I think) And as I looked at the browser I saw jumbletown.ie. Now being so taken with finding out about the jungle (Love animals) And not from Ireland! I felt slightly bemused at the prospect that there could be a jungle in Ireland. I had certainly never heard anything about it before! So clicked on it and then i realised what this site was about. So in my case you can put it down to my dog!

aggiec
17-06-2008, 08:45 PM
My sister in Bray, Co Wicklow told me about Jumbletown.

I have 5 sisters and they live in Laois, Kildare, Waterford and Wicklow. I live in Kilkenny.

So thats a lot of coverage for JT. And proud we are to tell everyone we know about Jumbletown.

Chris P
17-06-2008, 08:50 PM
My sister in Bray, Co Wicklow told me about Jumbletown.

I have 5 sisters and they live in Laois, Kildare, Waterford and Wicklow. I live in Kilkenny.

So thats a lot of coverage for JT. And proud we are to tell everyone we know about Jumbletown.
Hi aggiec (and sisters),

Many thanks for helping to spread the word about JumbleTown. Much appreciated!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

sophiecork
21-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Hello Admin (Chris P)

Just heard 'jumbletown' advert on 96FM Cork yesterday, well done!

Great advertising, should create more interest here in Cork.

regards, sophiecork

Chris P
21-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Hello Admin (Chris P)

Just heard 'jumbletown' advert on 96FM Cork yesterday, well done!

Great advertising, should create more interest here in Cork.

regards, sophiecork
Thanks for the feedback, sophiecork.

A big shout out to everyone in Cork!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Coutainville
22-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I heard about this site on www.askaboutmoney.com :there's a thread about jumbletown in the House and Garden section at the moment ( presumably posted by one of the regulars here). I'm an avid interiors watcher and I love anything to do with houses, gardens, furniture etc so I love jumbletown. I tell everyone I know about it too.

Sinamo
22-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I heard about this site thru a friend who uses it regularly....and now i'm hooked on it...check it several times a day for new posts

fair play to the people who came up with the concept...truly fantastic

S.

tarab
05-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I was at a meeting and two of the women there who obviously knew each other were discussing it and saying it was great. I logged on as soon as I got home and more or less havent logged off since, Its v addictive isnt it?!! I'm spreading the word ever since - thanks Kerry and Heidi for putting me on to it!

Bettybooboopbedoop
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
My husband heard of Jumbletown from our next door neighbour. We moved house 2 years ago, into a new estate, and everyone since is trying to get their house organised. Anyway, a few months ago, my husband (who smokes outside) went out for his usual smoke and so did our neighbour and as they got chatting over the wall through a cloud of smoke he learned of the land of Jumbletown. Hubby then of course told me, as our neighbour had just got a telly and a wardrobe from it and was feeling very happy with himself. Needless to say i logged on. My husband has told everyone about the site, he tells them before i can get near them. Mind you i have told a few, when i'm let. I have 8 sisters and 9 brothers so thats a start anyway. Admin. Keep up the great work. Love the site.

ann marie 73
13-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I heard about it from my vbf and l just love the site. I have also told every1 l know....... Now if l could just learn how to get round jumbletown properly l would be happier......

bluecurlygirl
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I've also asked raceagainstwaste and recycleireland to include a link to jumletown on their websites. Don't know if they have yet. I work in the Dept of Agriculture and I've put poster on notice board, I've also asked personnell to plug it on the ezone and I tell everyone I know about it. I have a few people hooked on it already and more to follow!! (Do I get commission yet!! ;-)

paprika
18-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I heard about it from a friend who moved into a new house and got some stuff from JT.
I'm really happy I found this site, got a good few very useful items on it and met really nice people.
Keep up the good work, it's a great site!

gillo
23-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I heard about this site from my friends while at the school gates and didn't bother joining til April and only started posting in the past few weeks when clearing out the house. Managed to shift a good few things but so far haven't been successful in acquiring anything. Ah well I'll keep trying cos I love browsing the site and I think it's fab and very well run. Well done Admin.

elbo
28-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I heard of it through Pigsback.com.
Jumbletown is brilliant.
Keep up the good work.

kiara
10-11-2008, 01:27 AM
my mother told me and im very glad she did and now that iv the internet at my own house im fast becoming an addict! jumbletowners anon. any1?

biker chick
21-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I was listening to Corks 96fm a few years back & i logged on straight away & never looked back

http://www1.96fm.ie/index.asp

MandyD
28-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Heard about the site in the school magazine, The Primary Times. There was an article on saving money by MABS and they mentioned a few sites...this is the best one by far! (not just saying that either ;-P)

Eocon
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi. I've just read through the many replies about how people heard about JumbleTown. I heard an ad a few months ago on my local radio station, Limerick's Live 95fm. Great site....great radio!!!!!

http://www1.live95fm.ie/index.asp

Chris P
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi. I've just read through the many replies about how people heard about JumbleTown. I heard an ad a few months ago on my local radio station, Limerick's Live 95fm. Great site....great radio!!!!!
Hi Eocon,

Limerick's Live 95 fm has been good to JumbleTown since we set up in 2006. Ed Myers even gave us an interview on his show “Limerick Today, and the station's advertising team always organise an attractive ad package for us (paid for by Limerick's City and County Councils, courtesy of the Local Agenda 21 scheme).

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Carmadon
13-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I saw a link on the freecycle site and came to have a look, looks great. :)

gillo
18-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I heard it from my auntie, Gillo! It's the most sensible think she's ever told me lol

Thanks a lot LOL!

maryjaneandbrian
21-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Heard about it from talk radio at 4 in the morning remembered the site and tried it the next morning....love it!!! Told my daughters and al my friends but as I'm just learning about computers have only just found this bit of the site!! Keep up the good work

Chris P
21-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Heard about it from talk radio at 4 in the morning remembered the site and tried it the next morning....love it!!! Told my daughters and al my friends but as I'm just learning about computers have only just found this bit of the site!! Keep up the good work
Thanks for the feedback and support, maryjaneandbrian!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

jenniferalan
21-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I read about JT almost 2 years ago in an Irish mag Prudence. It had a write up on what the site does etc. Although i thought at the time that it was mainly based in Dublin so i did not log on..... Prudence continued to advertise the site in future mags and also saw a link on boards.ie.....

im a member since November 08 and i have to say I'm hooked!

Boyf thinks that im acquiring more than i give away but i try to convince him that its all for a good cause lol - life cycling!

Chris P
21-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I read about JT almost 2 years ago in an Irish mag Prudence. It had a write up on what the site does etc. Although i thought at the time that it was mainly based in Dublin so i did not log on..... Prudence continued to advertise the site in future mags and also saw a link on boards.ie.....

im a member since November 08 and i have to say I'm hooked!

Boyf thinks that im acquiring more than i give away but i try to convince him that its all for a good cause lol - life cycling!
Hi jenniferalan,

Prudence magazine ("A-list lifestyle at realist prices") have been great supporters of JumbleTown over the past two years or so. Their frugal/thrifty ethos is similar to JumbleTown's. If JumbleTown were a magazine, it might look like Prudence. Recommended reading!

Many thanks for the feedback!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Proteavalley
05-02-2009, 05:39 PM
a fellow jumble towner told me when I went to collect some things from her from a diffrent recycling site

rosbabe
21-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I heard about this site from "the afternoon show" on RTE 1 television weekdays from 3pm to 4.30pm. Really good show! Full of information!

mary52
22-02-2009, 05:05 PM
l heard about jt on the afternoon show as well ,,,, love this site its brill well done ,,,,

abbamaniac
23-02-2009, 04:37 PM
were did i hear of jt,god i cant remember,but glad i did,it a great site n a great way of passing stuff on thats not needed and giving to somebody who needs it instead of a skip.

Moeby
06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I heard about this site through my husband. He kept telling me about a mate from work that heard of this site where everything was free. I thought he was raving until I checked it out. It is the most fantastic site, because it's not all about taking, you might find that you have things around the house that are of no use to you, but would serve someone else well. Well done Jumbletown and I spend a lot of time mouthing about how good it is I am finally getting other people interested.

Chris P
06-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Many thanks for your support, guys!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

kila2008
17-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I heard about it from a lady on www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion

Marathon Man
28-01-2019, 12:16 PM
I heard about it on the Ray Darcy radio show a good few years ago. Fantastic site. First thing I gave away was some wicker conservatory furniture. A lady from Cabra replied after only 5 minutes and came for it. Around a week later i was browsing the site just to see what people put up, when I saw two books, one with all the Beatles lyrics and guitar chords and the other was the Beatles anthology. My son was learning guitar so I thought I'd put in a request. Now out of the thousands of people who use the site who do you reckon it was??? Yes, that lady from Cabra. 😁 Come and get them she says. The first thought in my head was KARMA... and that's exactly what the site brings. Lovvit.

Dave Hagan
10-02-2019, 06:37 PM
I heard about it on the Ray Darcy radio show a good few years ago. Fantastic site. First thing I gave away was some wicker conservatory furniture. A lady from Cabra replied after only 5 minutes and came for it. Around a week later i was browsing the site just to see what people put up, when I saw two books, one with all the Beatles lyrics and guitar chords and the other was the Beatles anthology. My son was learning guitar so I thought I'd put in a request. Now out of the thousands of people who use the site who do you reckon it was??? Yes, that lady from Cabra. 😁 Come and get them she says. The first thought in my head was KARMA... and that's exactly what the site brings. Lovvit.
Great story, Marathon Man!
Thanks for your contribution to life on JumbleTown over the years!

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin