PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Table

cinderella
25-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I always thought a telephone table was something you found in your grannys house, but then I got thinking... wouldn't it be nice to have something stylish but practical in the hallway?

The attached 'before' picture I copied from a current ad as I didn't take one of my own. It's basically the same, however mine had that lovely green felt material as the seat cover :-)

The 'after' picture, I think (even though I'm biased), looks far better & modern! It's amazing what a bit of paint and fabric can do!

I'll let you judge....

smokeyeyes
25-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow, thought these had gone out of fashion. Nice piece of modernisation you've done there. Love the colour theme, well done :)

Bubbles2
25-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Nice one cinderella - well done!!!

Mickey
26-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Gorgeous :o)

Eily
26-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Very stylish & retro chic! Well done.
Eily

jenniferalan
27-04-2009, 06:21 PM
wow this is gorgeous, would love to do something like this myself

Blurg
27-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Well done you for having a bit of imagination. Looks fab!

colmsmum
28-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Well done! Fantastic transformation, much more current now. Love the fabric, btw, may I ask where you got it?

cinderella
28-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Well done! Fantastic transformation, much more current now. Love the fabric, btw, may I ask where you got it?

Thanks very much. Got the fabric in this gorgeous material shop in Naas, (I think it's called 'material world'). You see it matches my roman blind (which you can't see in this picture).... :-)

galwaygem
28-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I always thought a telephone table was something you found in your grannys house, but then I got thinking... wouldn't it be nice to have something stylish but practical in the hallway?

The attached 'before' picture I copied from a current ad as I didn't take one of my own. It's basically the same, however mine had that lovely green felt material as the seat cover :-)

The 'after' picture, I think (even though I'm biased), looks far better & modern! It's amazing what a bit of paint and fabric can do!

I'll let you judge....

Hi cinderella, I have some dark wood end tables that I want to revamp but being a novice i don't know what paints to use, do I need an undercoat and a vinal paint. Thanks

colmsmum
28-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks very much. Got the fabric in this gorgeous material shop in Naas, (I think it's called 'material world'). You see it matches my roman blind (which you can't see in this picture).... :-)

Ah thanks for that, I must pop in if I'm over that way. There's one in Athlone called 'material world' too, I wonder if they're the same company? Must google it! Just love that material, lol :)

cinderella
03-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi cinderella, I have some dark wood end tables that I want to revamp but being a novice i don't know what paints to use, do I need an undercoat and a vinal paint. Thanks

As far as I recall, we just used 'wood paint' and did two coats....

galwaygem
04-05-2009, 12:46 AM
As far as I recall, we just used 'wood paint' and did two coats....

That's great, I will give it a go. Thanks

jessi1
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
lovely what a difference, i love it