PDA

View Full Version : sitting room on tight budget

minnie pal
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes, flat pack flat I call my 'pad'
Fireplace - WAS hideous, couldnt manage coal anymore. MDF sealed chimney, cheap fake fire,
WALLPAPERED the awful fire surround AND, NB, the 'fake' victorian floral tiles! Left over from the wallpaper in the bedroom!
TV stand, picked up off side of road, one table mat covers a multitude.
Top was on side of the road too, seemed to have been part of a computer desk.
The cushion cover and back of chair, was from a bargain basket in a posh uphostery shop, scuse spelling. I got MASSES of off cuts,
Covered radiator behind with another piece.

nono
10-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi Millie Pal, Congrats. Love the new look fireplace. Best Wishes, Nono

unapam
14-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Love it all specially the cushions. What I do is check in with upholstery shops and buy their out of date fabric swatches books. Perfect for cushions, patchwork etc...(Aw s*** now I have let out my secret and there will be a run on them and prices will go up ..and and and...ah, who cares. ...Plenty for everyone and otherwise they go in skip.

I have seen these in charity shops too and apparently NO ONE ('cept me) buys them (according to staff) I must put up a before and after of these books and the cushions I made from them. Keep 'em comin' Minnie pal. I am getting ideas from these. Cheers...unapam

Update: here are some of the swatches I have at moment. I am planning on making a cushion cover from the light coloured piece in 2nd pic. The romote control in pic is to show scale of size of piece.

So consider this the Before picture and if I ever get 30 mins of free time I will run up a cushion and show it here.

I can put up a tutorial of how to do it too if anyone is interested (and I have another 30 mins free to do so of course)

I have posted some of this fabric to give away in the Misc section