PDA

View Full Version : sunflame camping stove FAO scorrigan :-)

propellor
20-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi all this isnt quite a before and after, more of a not working then working again although I intend to (now that its working!) strip it all back down and spray the burners and bits up in hi temp paint and polish up the chrome. This is a great little stove, and it came with the original instructions! just want to say again a huge thank you to scorrigan for this and as promised here are a couple of pics.

intrestingly, while looking for info on these things I only got two hits on google! one was the jumbletown post, and the other was a guy in america who collects these old stoves. when I emailed him he was full of handy info and replied straight away and because he'd never come across original instructions before I was more than happy to send him a few scans. Just goes to show the old someone somewhere mantra holds true!

more pics to be added in different degrees of shinyness

Bubbles2
21-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Can't wait to see the finished product - good luck with it and I know you will enjoy every minute of its transformation!!!
B2

bluecurlygirl
23-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Well done. Great to get it working again and can't wait to see when you've it cleaned up too - now let the weather stay so you can make lots of use of it!