PDA

View Full Version : car boot sales

Shado_w
09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
looking for any information regarding ANY car boot sales ANYWHERE in the country this year. THANKS

Chris P
09-01-2007, 09:12 PM
looking for any information regarding ANY car boot sales ANYWHERE in the country this year. THANKS

Hi Shado_w,

Just did a quick google search and found the following. They may be of interest/use:

A long-established car-boot sale venue:
http://www.kilkennycarboot.com/

General:
http://www.dublintourist.com/directory/shopping/dublin_markets/
http://www.eventsmarketsireland.com/

Discussion/advice thread re: car-boot sales in Ireland
http://www.irishtourist.com/board/9179.shtml

Farmers' Markets:
http://www.irelandmarkets.com/country-markets-page.html
http://thefoody.com/regions/irelandfm.html

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Faroutthere
14-01-2007, 03:11 PM
There's one in Naul every Sunday. Just off the M1.

tasmin
23-01-2007, 03:11 PM
theres a markets every sunday in balbriggan.
theres also one in santry. beside the go karting place
theres also one in fairhouse..or is it fairyhouse, i'm sure someone here would know :-)
theres another one in blackrock town
one in tallagh...called the MAD COW...just pass the red cow
one in cookstown. a few miniuits from the MAD COW.
and theres one on the naas rd, where O neills factory shop is
need i say more!
i'm a market junkie lmao

most of these are in the surrounding dublin area.
hope these are of help.

happy car booting

tasmin

fsovp101
23-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi

Where is that go karting place in Santry?

Thanks

tasmin
23-01-2007, 05:08 PM
santry market is on the rd where the omni shopping center is.

you pass by the shopping center....go under the bridge and go as far as the car dealers on the left hand side of the rd if your coming from the omni.

its just beside the car dealers

if ur coming off the airport rd look to your right hand side, theres a huge yellow sign for the sunday market.

all the best.

tas

fsovp101
24-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the directions.
Cheers,
Felipe

Faroutthere
28-01-2007, 06:30 PM
theres a markets every sunday in balbriggan.
theres also one in santry. beside the go karting place
theres also one in fairhouse..or is it fairyhouse, i'm sure someone here would know :-)
theres another one in blackrock town
one in tallagh...called the MAD COW...just pass the red cow
one in cookstown. a few miniuits from the MAD COW.
and theres one on the naas rd, where O neills factory shop is
need i say more!
i'm a market junkie lmao

most of these are in the surrounding dublin area.
hope these are of help.

happy car booting

tasmin

market junkie????? I feel your pain!lol
theres also a market in Jonesboro just south of Newry.

tasmin
29-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi Faroutthere,

i know i may be a market junkie, but my addiction isnt so bad as to travel as far as newry....thats some trot from dublin lmao.

all the best, thanks for the info anyway, maybe if i trave up that way some w.e i'll check out that market :-)

tasmin

ed-mc
12-08-2007, 09:19 AM
theres one in clara near westmeath on sundays enjoy

lemon meringue pie
15-08-2007, 01:58 PM
just took this out of local freebie, Northside News, I think...

Car boot sale will be held at St Georges Church Balbriggan, on three consecutive Saturdays, August 11, 18 & 25th from 11am to 4pm, in aid of Church of Ireland funds. Cars and tables (bring your own) cost €10 [Wow - a car for €10! - bargain!]. Cost is €10 per site. If its raining heavily the car boot sale will be cancelled. For further information, phone Irene on 085 7565438

This is an original car boot sale, not part of Balbriggan market, different location etc.

durran
15-08-2007, 02:58 PM
I saw this in Kildare post. Car boot sale St James's school castledermot in aid of castledermot and kinneagh parish funds september 9th gates open at 2 ,entry fee for cars 10 euro and vans 15 euro. Any queries to Derek on 087-7591022

ninafive
18-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Not really a car boot sale but it should be mentioned- definitely one of the oldest (well over 100 years on the same site!)

-The Hill St Market -North Cumberland st (off Parnell St) Saturday mornings-
7am- 10.30ish

lemon meringue pie
19-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Balbriggan Market is just that, a market, and not a very good one, in my opinion. They set aside places for car booters every week but its definitely not a car boot sale, certainly not a regular one. I would definitely go to a one off car boot sale, that's where I'd imagine you'll find original bargains etc. I think it would be great if anybody who knows of any up and coming car boot sales, anywhere in the country to post here. My idea of a car boot sale is something that happens the odd few times over the course of a year, not a weekly market, with space for car booters. I first heard of jumbletown on the radio and went to it after trying to shift some clutter at two different boot sales, now I swear by it. No more having to waste my time trying to shift items at car boots or on ebay. Just list and have someone come and take it away! So yes, please, please, list a car boot sale in your area, you'll be helping newbies shift their stuff thru boot sales and hopefully afterwards here on Jumbletown! great idea!

ilovecarboot
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi,
there's a REALLY GREAT site that lists car boot sales (searchable by area) with dates, times, phone numbers and even website links....

http://www.carbootsrus.com/ireland.htm

http://www.carbootsrus.com/

It lists over 1000 different car boot locations around the UK and Ireland !!!!

Happy booting !

tasmin
28-09-2007, 01:02 PM
hi nina,
goah i didnt think that "the hill" was still there!!!
i remember my nanny used to bring me down there when i was a kid, i even had a horse bite me...needless to say my nanny had a lot to say to the owner of the horse...or as it would turn out, the pony lmao.

jesus i though that went with all the stalls on parnell st!

thanks for posting this...i will certinly make my way down there on saturday.

this post certinly brough me back a bit :-)

tasmin

Not really a car boot sale but it should be mentioned- definitely one of the oldest (well over 100 years on the same site!)

-The Hill St Market -North Cumberland st (off Parnell St) Saturday mornings-
7am- 10.30ish

durran
08-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I was at a good car boot sale on saturday its on every week near Aldi on Maynooth road Celbridge

cheddarlane
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi,

there is a new one: It's in Celbridge, Killdare.
(near a pub there, up past lidl).

Every saturday 8-1ish.

I have been a couple of times and got a few bargains.. (Mainly gardening and baby toys).

happy hunting everyone!!

Linda

Rufus Fornow
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Apparently there is a new car boot sale at Mother Hubbards on the (old) N4. I think it's every week.

tasmin
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
hiya rufus,

where is mother hubarts?
jesus would u think with all the traveling to and from markets/car bots sales that i would know where this is :-\

and what day is it on?

i could do with some saturday markets to potter around in if anyone knows of any!

speaking of which, theres a place in smithfeild on a saturday up till 3/4pm
great if ur looking for things like homemade bread, jams, and hand knitted things and new inventions.
u can even get a back massarge for €10 off this nice chinese lady.

i got a great wooden thingy for massarging my shoulders lol €3 now where would u get it? :-)

anyway,
happy hunting ppl.

have a nice day!

tasmin

tudlytops
06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
There is one in Limerick every Sunday, started a few weeks ago, havent been there yet so dont know how good it is.:)

tasmin
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
hi all,

just in case any of u are interested theres 2 sale of works in kilester on saturday morning.

one in the school,from 10am to 4pm i think...admission is Free.
this one is on saturday and sunday

and the other is in the little sisters..i think thats the nursing home.
from 10am to 1pm...admssion is €2.

just seen the signs up for them as passed.

anyway just though some of u would like to know.

take care, and have a great day!

tasmin

Jemima
17-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi
The Boot Sale in Santry Kart wasnt on at all this year and wont be again.
Dont know of any others on the northside, sorry.

tasmin
17-11-2007, 08:54 PM
hi jem,

the santry market is gone altogether.

the only other northside market i know of is the one facing artane shopping center.

its off the road behind the garage...u couldnt miss it theres a huge sign for it lol.

was there yesterday... and it seems good.

anyway,

happy hunting :-)

tasmin

Jemima
17-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks
Will have a drive up there tomorrow with the gang to have a look.
Thats if we are not all FLOODED out with all this rain.

tradinghippie
12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Anybody know of any coming up in the next week or 2 around kildare/wicklow/carlow/laois areas?

Thanks

Jemima
12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi
Dont know of any your neck of the woods. Also looking to see if any have started up around Dublin yet this year too. :-)

tasmin
02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
hi guys,

thought u might like to know that theres another market in dublin on saturday morning.

havent been to it yet, so not sure what its like.

its on the clontarf road, if u pass the post office, then u've gone past it.
its in the old church!

if any of u go, post and let us know if its worth having a look.

cyas
tasmin

durran
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Found this in Kildare Post
A charity car boot and cake sale will take place on saturday 15 march from 12pm until 5 pm in Newbridge. The charity event will take place in the grounds of the Newbridge Bible Fellowship church.
the admission is €12 per car and €23 per van. All the proceeds from the parking funds are going towards the third world to help to build an orphanage in Peru.For more details call 045 433937

fleabag
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi there i have just put up a new website which aims to be a place where people can find out about car boot sales and markets in the 32 counties
If you are an organizer of a boot sale or market or if you wish to provide details of events in your area please visit www.bootflea.com
i have some listed already but i imagine there are a lot going on that are not as yet listed.
anyone can post details of a car boot sale and there is a forum and an event calendar on the site..

cheers all

dave

cheddarlane
21-03-2008, 11:01 PM
for all those money savers out there..

there is a new one at naas race-course, kildare.

believe tomorrow, sat 22 is the first one.. 8am-3pm

happy bargain hunting to ye all!!

tradinghippie
24-03-2008, 03:53 AM
hey did u go to the naas one? what was it like?

tradinghippie
24-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi there i have just put up a new website which aims to be a place where people can find out about car boot sales and markets in the 32 counties
If you are an organizer of a boot sale or market or if you wish to provide details of events in your area please visit www.bootflea.com
i have some listed already but i imagine there are a lot going on that are not as yet listed.
anyone can post details of a car boot sale and there is a forum and an event calendar on the site..

cheers all

dave

Nice site still needs some work but looking good! (y)

cheddarlane
24-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi,

I never got the chance.

I rang the advertiser to ask about the turn out, and no answer. will try again and update you.

linda

upthedubs
24-03-2008, 01:23 PM
hey did u go to the naas one? what was it like?
Hiya i went to the one in naas on saturday there wasnt many stalls there but id say that was because it was so cold out.

tradinghippie
24-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey thanks for your replies. Probably due to it being the first one also. Might check it out this weekend :)

lemon meringue pie
24-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm going to hop along next week as a seller, so will keep ye updated.

skinnycat
29-03-2008, 03:07 PM
So, how did it go? It was very wet, is the site open neverthe less?

cheddarlane
04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Lemon MP,

did you go along to Naas?

I have no car this weekend.. But hope to go for a look next sat.

Let me know what you thought..

many thanks.

LL
x

lemon meringue pie
05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Didn't make it, something came up. One of my pals who lives locally came along anyway, he was originally appointed to relieve me with some tea & biccies! According to himself, it was very quiet, plenty of stalls but no business doing - maybe it was the weather? Will have to try it or somewhere soon - the clutter pile keeps on building!!

cheddarlane
06-04-2008, 11:55 AM
thanks Lemon MP,

I appreciate that..!!!!

BillieT
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Guys,
Theres a new Sunday Market open in Inchicore in Dublin - Haven't been there yet. Gonna go this week. I think its Jamestown Road or Avenue. Supposd to be huge.

Didn't know about the one in Naas. Will definitely go to that one too.

Hope your baby is ok Linda.

Regards
Billie

lemon meringue pie
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Apparently a few givers are a bit narked that some of their stuff is taken and sold on, they've been adding 'not for resale' to their items... Well, if they're not going to do it, I don't see the problem, it's still getting rid of & recycling the recycling. Ideally, any item you 'took' here from Jumbletown, you would need and therefore would not be selling it on anyway, however, I have foolishly been a taker of more unnecessary clutter to add to my unending pile, eventually seeing the light & either jumbling, dumping or selling it on myself. I know that some of the stuff, I have given away has deliberately been taken for resale at car boot, markets & even on eBay, and has in turn helped make a few quid for those poor unfortunates who had to get up at the crack of dawn to do so or even better some of my 'crap' has been sold on to benefit charity. Fair play to ye!

Anybody who has stuff to recycle would obviously rather receive money for it, than give it away for free. If a car boot sale came up in their locality, that would make it a bit easier for them to do so. Car boot sales are another way of recycling household junk, which is what JumbleTown is all about. And if you can make a few quid from it, rather than giving it away, why not?

I've done a car boot sale every year for the past three years. The first year I made a killing and took in over €650, I was delighted. However the last two years, have kinda put me off too - the getting up at crack of dawn thing and struggling to cover your fuel, table and lunch expenses, putting up with narky customers etc.! I made €120 at the next and nearly €40 at the last, (Note to self; must get a better quality of clutter!)
Usually the stuff I get rid of on jumbletown is the same gear that won't sell elsewhere.That's why it became easier to just get shut of it here and forego any potential profit. Just gotta be a bit more strict in the amount of jumble I take home in future.
Nearly 5000 views to this thread so far - definitely of interest to JumbleTowners (clutter recyclers). Keep it coming with your car boot information.

Unwanted item: The crack of dawn..."not for re-sale" - but for everybody , for free...

cheddarlane
10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
car boot

Linn
21-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi those anyone know if the bootsale in Naas is still going on. Has anyone been there recently and how did they get on.
Regards linn

superkaytee
21-04-2008, 10:15 AM
there is a car boot sla ein rathcormac(co.cork) once a month and another in castletownroche (co.cork) on every second sunday.
Both of thses are near mitchelstown/fermoy area and very good.Lotys of stall and real car bootys!!

lemon meringue pie
21-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Yep, it's still going on. I've spotted a few sandwich boards dotted about promoting it. Thousands of spaces according to it and a number to call if you want to book a place, which is as follows...
086 230 1229.
Good Luck!

cheddarlane
27-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Update for all.

went saturday, very quiet, although I got a few bargains.

When the weather pics up it should be good!
Lovely location!

Got Mathew Williamson top for 1euro!! (brand new with tags, a kids top, but big in size)

That good as you'd hardly get a packet of crisps for a Euro these days!

*also went to Blackrock Market today, not missing much!!*
(suppose it depends on what your looking for) Found it rather Overpriced though.

Niamhyf
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi all, new to the board!
I was wondering is there any car boot sales on today in the wicklow area?
Thanks!

Dave Hagan
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Most car-boots are on Saturday & Sunday Niamh, check out Wicklow on this page:
http://www.carbootsrus.com/ireland.htm

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin

Lisa_K
13-05-2008, 01:48 PM
There's a car boot sale in the grounds of Milltown National School, outside Newbridge, Co. Kildare this Sunday the 18th of May from 11am to 4pm.
It's €20 entry and money goes towards the school itself. Ring 087 2260233 for more info.

I'm not involved in it myself, but I'm going to be attending - my first car boot sale.
Anyone got any general advice, dos and don'ts, etc?

Cheers, Lisa :)

lemon meringue pie
14-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Found these listings in the Dublin People;

CAR BOOT SALE: St Kevin’s NS Pearse Street, Sallynoggin will be holding a car boot sale on the first Sunday of every month and bingo will be on every Friday night from 8.30pm to 10.30pm.

SALES: Car boot sales will be held in the grounds of the Methodist Church, Ballinteer Road, Dundrum (just off the M50 beside Wesley College) from 9am to 2 pm on Saturdays June 14, July 12 and August 9. Gates open 7.30am. Refreshments available. Details from David on 4931673 or Fraser on 4934650.

Also;
There will be a car boot sale on the last Saturday of June, July, August and September in the Old Borough National School, Church Road, Swords from 11 a.m to 2 p.m

Also;
Check out bootflea.com

Also;
Jamestown Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8. Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 6pm. To enquire about a stall or boot sale reservation, contact Nuala
087 9907669

emzy
14-05-2008, 08:23 PM
greystones have one every second sunday in st davids school will be on next weekend

tivoli in dun laoire is a great spot!

angie1
15-05-2008, 12:31 PM
hi all carbootsale in carrigtohwill east cork sunday 18th may and killcully scout camp blackpool on the 25 may.kind regards angie1

filo
15-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

A friend was telling me about a market on Sunday somewhere on the long mile road but couldnt tell me exactly where so I was wondering if anybody knows about it and directions from Bray please.

Thanks All.

Karen

angie1
18-05-2008, 04:19 PM
next sunday killcully scout camp grounds blackpool cork may 25th
sunday 1st june rathcormac
monday 2nd june blarney gaa grounds 'bank holiday'
sunday 8th june glanmire gaa grounds .

killcully is usually ok
rathcormac excellent
blarney normally excellent
glanmire excellent

addicted to bargins kind regards angie1

Pugsey
21-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Hi there
I believe there is a car boot sale on this Saturday at St Maelruins Church, Tallaght.
The spelling of church might be wrong, but i'm sure if you ring they can confirm.

BillieT
21-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi All
There's a Craft Fair on the 2nd Sunday of every month in Rush Co Dublin - its in the Church Hall just as you come into Rush. Now when I passed it last week there was scaffolding on the outside of the church so it may not be on yet - Its usually on all through the summer and its a lovely market if you're into arts and crafts.

Billie

Bootss
25-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I've been doing the car boot sales in Naas for the last 9 weeks ,since it started i've missed 2 weeks due to the weather.TBH the boot sale is not advertised at all as far as im concerned anyway!!I had one lady buying from my stall last week living over the road from the racecourse and she told me that "she didn't know it was there"till that day she drove down by chance.I think that says it all!!!!
All I know is that the charge per car is 20 euro's im not sure about other vans or that.
Aswell as this the farmers market (in the middle of the town)is also on in Naas on a Saturday between 10-3 more or less the same hours as the car boot sale at a different out of town location. There are signs up all over Naas for the farmers market and NOTHING for the carboot sale anywhere to be seen!How are people to know where this boot sale is if the organisers don't advertise it????
In my opinion the organisers should hold a family day or do something through avertising to get people to know that its on and where it is!

That my opinion anyway,for the moment I wouldn't reccomend it,at least not till its being advertised.

Coutainville
25-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Has anyone been to the carboot in Coonagh, Limerick? Tried to find it last Sunday but couldnt. Is it worthwhile?

angie1
26-05-2008, 11:29 PM
hi all new dates for cork carboots

sunday sunday june 1st rathcormac east cork
bank holiday monday blarney gaa

if i get more dates ill keep them posted happy booting every1 kind regards angie1

Narizota
28-05-2008, 08:24 AM
There's a Car Boot Sale in Trim,Co Meath this coming Saturday 31st May 10am-12 midday.

Only a small one,but you never know what bargains you might pick up :D

JULIEBABY
30-05-2008, 09:09 PM
does anyone know if there's a car boot sale on 2moro in trim and if they do, do they have an address, thanks

Narizota
30-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes,there is one. I posted about it just above your post ;)

It's on St Loman Street in St Patrick's school car park,within walking distance of Supervalu.

Bootss
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know if there is a boot sale on in Co.kildare this weekend?
Just if anyone is interested im selling plants at very good prices!
Regards Bootss

ozieandros
07-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi there

Should you fancy an outing to lovely Leitrim, you'll find Carrick On Shannon holds a weekly car bot sale. It's really good! Lots of things and free parking YAY LOL If you want to try it ... It's on the N4 (Dublin to Sligo). Once in Carrick look for the marina, take the bridge and keep driving towards Sligo. It's only a few minutes after the bridge and on your left, in a garage yard. You'll see Lidl's car park, it's just across the wee lane.

Best wishes

emzy
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
anyone know if the wesley bootsale was on last week or is it this week?

Bootss
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Just to let anyone thats interested know that the boot sale is on in Naas race course this week.
I'll be the one selling plants at great prices.
But you could pick up some great bargains at it!

Does anyone know of any other boot sales that are on this weekend?

Regards:Bootss

angie1
14-06-2008, 12:59 PM
hi does anyone know what carboot is on this sunday in east/west/north cork area let me know kind regards angie1 14/6/08

flash
14-06-2008, 11:42 PM
That is a really good site for car boots but just discovered there is not even one in Westmeath!! Boo!

fleabag
15-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Advertise! i agree totally with bootss organisers can advertise their car boot sale for free on www.bootflea.com and plenty of other non specific message boards and ads pages. If only i had a telephone number for every organizer in the country........
sorry about no events in westmeath but nobody from westmeath has got in touch.
ho-hum..........

angie1
18-06-2008, 09:13 PM
update for the rebels amongst us.........

sunday 22nd ........glanmire gaa grounds
sunday 29th ........rathcormac

ill put more up as i hear kind regards to all happy booting....angie1

MistyMoon
24-06-2008, 06:29 PM
A Book & Craft Fair will be held on Sunday 29th June at Rathoe Parish Hall, Rathoe, Co. Carlow from 11.00 am - 5.00 pm.

There will be iron and wood work, paper and textile crafts, knitwear and crochet, home baking including specialist breads, nail art, Indian Head Massage and facials. An Angel Card reader will also be present.

Admission is €2.00 and included a FREE book or video.

Hope to see you all there!

MistyMoon

BillieT
24-06-2008, 09:23 PM
A Book & Craft Fair will be held on Sunday 29th June at Rathoe Parish Hall, Rathoe, Co. Carlow from 11.00 am - 5.00 pm.

There will be iron and wood work, paper and textile crafts, knitwear and crochet, home baking including specialist breads, nail art, Indian Head Massage and facials. An Angel Card reader will also be present.

Admission is €2.00 and included a FREE book or video.

Hope to see you all there!

MistyMoon

Hi Misty Moon

'Scuse my ignorance, But what is an Angel Card Reader? Is it like a Medium or Fortune Teller?

Billie

alantinorossi
25-06-2008, 09:26 AM
There's a sale of work this weekend 28,29/6 in the Scout hall in the Grounds of Corpus Christi Church on Griffith Avenue. On Saturday its open after mass from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, and on Sunday its from 10am to 2pm. It's in aid of the venture scouts travelling on a house-building mission to Africa, so you might help someone as well as pick up a bargain!

The Mammy
25-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi alantinorossi
Do you know if the scouts hall has wheelchair access?
My own Mam is Disabled..But Loves to go to a sale of work...generally a hall suits her much better than a car boot sale, for comfort.
Thanks
The Mammy

alantinorossi
25-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi, yes absolutely, the hall is on the ground floor, level entry with double-door access. I'd say it would be easiest for you to park on Griffith avenue and walk in from there, rather than the long walk up from Homefarm road. Enjoy!

Doodles
25-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone knows when the car boot sale is on in Trim, Co. Meath. Have never done a car boot sale so know nothing about times etc. Was hoping to go to Trim. Anybody got any info!!

Thanks

Narizota
25-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Trim Boot Sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month,and this month is no exception.

It is held in the Diocesan Hall on Loman St,which is near Supervalu between 10 am-12.

Lots of bargains to be had so get there early!!

noni
13-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi, Does anyone know if the market and car boot advertised in Inchicore Dublin is any good and are there many stallholders and/or bargains?

tradinghippie
23-07-2008, 11:19 PM
hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

smokeyeyes
23-07-2008, 11:44 PM
hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

hi, i've seen a stall in george's arcade (between grafton st and georges street) selling all kinds of old currancy. Hope this is of help to you.

tradinghippie
23-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey thanks very for your reply. I was up there the other day. got a few things. a lot of them were very expensive tho more than they are listed in the Irish coin catalogue.

Narizota
24-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Trim Boot Sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month,and this month is no exception.

It is held in the Diocesan Hall on Loman St,which is near Supervalu starts at 10 am

Lots of bargains to be had so get there early!!

cler
29-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi all

I'll be holding a charity jumble sale on Saturday 9th August in aid of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.

It'll take place in 122 The Maples, off Bird Avenue in Clonskeagh, Co. Dublin from 10am on saturday morning.

Would be very appreciative of any donations on the day from fellow Jumbletowners. We had also planned doing some facepainting and a couple of games etc so bring the kids along!

Hope that helps, jumble enthusiasts

Claire

durran
30-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi cler
I will try to put together a few bits for your sale of work.
hope to see you there
deirdre

cler
31-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Deirdre, I can't believe how helpful Jumbletowners are!

Kind regards

Claire

pajo
06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
hi boots, the car boot in naas racecourse is not advertised at all. just 4 everyones attention, the sale is on each sunday beginning at about 9am and going till about 3 or 4pm. it isnt very well supported by the locals ,probably because most of them dont even know its on ,or where it is located. it now costs 10 euro for a car and 15 euro for a small van. to get in to naas racecourse take the turn onto the blessington rd at tesco then take the first left onto tipper rd ,go straight up this road 4 about i minute and the racecourse is on the left. cheers, pajo !!!!!!

filo
09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi all, I’m a car boot virgin and weather permitting I’m hoping to do one in St. David’s in Greystones Sunday week. I was just wondering what sort of lay out have they got - I.E how much room do you get between each car, do people put boxes around their table, Is it on grass or tarmac, are you allowed put a gazebo up. I would be very grateful for any replies.

Regards Filo

cler
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi all

Due to a huge volume of jumble donated, the sale will continue tomorrow (Sunday 10th August) from 11am.

122 The Maples
off Bird Avenue
Clonskeagh
Dublin 14

Hope to see you there and many thanks to those who made it out today!

Claire

upthedubs
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Hiya does anyone know of a car boot sale on this sat 15/8/08 thanks

bridget123
11-08-2008, 11:04 PM
this market has great potential to be even better than fairyhouse if only more buyers would support it. every body gets great space to display their goods ,and are genuine car booters,and they can leave when they want,unlike fairyhouse ,car booters are not allowed to leave before 5 pm.my friend sold there and she was locked in until 5 pm ..... even when her stuff was sold. "she said not a nice position to be in".also they charged her 30euro,nass is on every sunday now .I always go to have a look got nice stuff there.

Ocker
12-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Where in Naas is the car-boot sale?

DAVEDAVE
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
i believe there are a few on in Cork this weekend coming.
there was one advertised in the Cork Independent last week for the the Cork Camogie board at their grounds in Blackrock/Mahon next Sunday 17th and also i heard that Kilcully for the scouts is on as well...

i have done a few in the past and i think the best one is Glanmire followed by Rathcormac,hoping to get back into doing them again in the next few weeks.
Clutter has been mounting again.

Jumbletown is a great site and i have given away a few items and people on here are great.
as somebody said earlier carbooting is still recycling only you make a few quid and i also think it is not for everybody plus some people don't drive and for some items you would actually need a van.

it would also be great if somebody could post some tips on carboot's do's and don't and maybe a few warning's for first timer's.. i'll start,in no particular order

1.Arrive early to get a good pitch.
2. Keep prices low,people generally only want to spend a few euro's
3.Try and have a helper,certain groups will swap a stall and try and fill their pockets.
4. Keep an eye on your small items,especially if they are valuable.
5.when you first arrive don't be surprised about people crowding around your car and going through your stuff,you can make a few sales but you need to be aware of what's going on.
6. when packing up,i usually pack up slowly because it can attract people who think they will get a bargain.
7.Not everything sells,some carboots will be good for selling books and others no books will sell.
8.try and have a look around to see what others have on their stalls and if you have the same then ask the price.
9.if you have a car,park with the other cars where posssible not next to the big vans
10. reshufle the stall every few hours and move stuff around every few hours
11. Good clean clothes will always sell well especially kids clothes
i hope the above helps and is added to .

all failing that Jumbletown is a great website

bridget123
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
hi ocker . coming into naas from the dublin side ,turn left at pennys/ tesco down to next lights turn left again .its down the road a few hundred yds on the left,you cant miss it.It deserves a bit of support as it is run by nice people .if it gets up and running it will be great,as a great spot with great space.

irishorla
13-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
Never been to a car boot sale before.... Looking to get rid of some junk of mine that other people may want.... kids clothes, unused makeup, kids stationary, and kids magnets/keyrings/rulers.... do you think these would sell?
Do you know of any car boots in the louth or monaghan area this weekend sat 16th or sun 17th of august??
Any comments would be much appreciated! :D

Ocker
13-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info Bridgett. Will give it a try soon.

newstemp
13-08-2008, 07:56 PM
At Inch (about 5miles north of Gorey, just South of Wicklow, do not know exact months) on Saturday

The "Un Yoke" on Sunday (about Apr-Dec, do not know exact months) on Wexford coastal rd a few miles north of Castlebridge. There is a pub there called the "Un Yoke", where merchants would un-yoke their horses from their carriages on the way to Wexford town, I am told.

DH

MMG
13-08-2008, 09:46 PM
There is a car boot at Flancare Park in Longford on Bank Holiday Mondays only. Is about 50 stalls, mostly genuine car boots rather than market. Flancare is about a mile out of Longford on the Strokestown Road.

chrissyalone
16-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi....there is a new boot sale in the centre of Limerick City every sunday from 10am in the centre car park.

chrisssyalone

JULIEBABY
16-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Have absolutely loads of clothes that would love to sell, have done a few car boots sales in past, sometimes good, sometimes bad e.g. money made.
Does anyone know of an indoor market, would love to do some now while kids off school as when son goes back Sat and Sun are normally taken up with going to matches either soccer or gaa. Any markets on next weekend 23/24/08, if you could let me know it would be brilliant, thanks Juliebaby

zachwweecw
20-08-2008, 12:07 PM
does anyone know the next car boot sale in cavan or near cavan. any car boot sales before the 28 of august.
thanks

Bunty
22-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there is a car-boot on in Cork area next Sun. I have been to Rathcormac, I thought it was great & arrived home with such a load of 'GOODIES'??? I was hoping hubby would not be around, most of the 'Great Buys' I gave to friends, who probably took them out of politeness.

I would love to go to another one, so perhaps somebody might advise on some one in Cork/Limerick area next Sunday.

Happy Buying!!
Bunty

Tribesman06
23-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Any in Galway / Mayo area that anyone knows of?

MistyMoon
24-08-2008, 03:17 AM
sorry but I don't know anything about car boot sales in that part of the country

misstake
24-08-2008, 08:28 AM
heard there is a big one on in claremorris today thats near knock

mar754
28-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi All, Anyone know of a bootsale in or near Killarney this weekend, just addicted to them Thanks

mar754
28-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there is a car-boot on in Cork area next Sun. I have been to Rathcormac, I thought it was great & arrived home with such a load of 'GOODIES'??? I was hoping hubby would not be around, most of the 'Great Buys' I gave to friends, who probably took them out of politeness.

I would love to go to another one, so perhaps somebody might advise on some one in Cork/Limerick area next Sunday.

Happy Buying!!
Bunty
Great one always Glanmire, August 30th. {nice weather please}

poppey
28-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi

Does anyone have details on the car boot sales in Cookstown or near the Red Cow please.

Where are they exactly?
Are they on Sundays?
What time do they start?
Is there a contact number for them?
Can you just show up with stuff for sale on the day?

thanks very much in advance

mc1
04-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Just wondering if anyboby has been /knows anything about the weekly car boot sale in Fethard, Co Tipp

mar754
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi I have been to the above boot sale just the once it was great best bargains ever good selection of goods for sale very well run, nice area as well. Will have to go back again.Well worth a visit.

loc5
04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
mullin co fermanagh-sunday
ballyconnell co cavan-saturday

if people take stuff off here and make a few dry pound out of it so what? if you were able you would too whos to say where from what you got it it came from?? its all about recycling(real recycling not gathering it and sending it off to a foreign country where they wont be long getting the good out of it an us left with nothing eg its hard to get second hand parts for cars now even though theres lots of older yokes on the go in other countrys you go to)

way to go jumbletown:)

chakes
10-09-2008, 07:18 AM
opposite Tesco
Not sure how good it is.

Fizzywitch
12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
There is a car booty this Sunday 14th September at Roundfort near Claremorris.
It starts at 8am - 3pm.
Not sure what size it is but I am going to give it a go this weekend.
See how much 'stuff' I end up buying!! :-)

ghendy
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Have just read this in the Kildare Post:

Car Boot Sale every Saturday at Naas Racecourse in aid of Kildare Animal Foundation. Starts at 8.30am. For more information call Ross 086 2301229

filo
14-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Hi all, There is a carbooy sale in St. David's Greystones today (Sunday) 9am - 3pm.

Tallon
16-09-2008, 03:52 PM
This Should Be Made A Sticky!

Get On This Admin

Chris P
16-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Get On This Admin
Hi Tallon,

In general, we only make Admin posts "stickies."

Let me have a think about this one.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Tallon
16-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks

I think everyone will agree its a good/popular topic

Chris P
19-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Get On This Admin
Hi Tallon,

We've decided to keep to our policy of only making Admin posts "stickies."

Regards
Chris P
Admin

DAVEDAVE
19-09-2008, 09:41 PM
carboot sale Rathcormac next Sunday

kila2008
22-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim every sunday...you can find contact details through google I think!!

Tallon
22-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Tallon,

We've decided to keep to our policy of only making Admin posts "stickies."

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Not to worry

thanks

Tallon

bridget123
22-09-2008, 05:40 PM
hello again. just to let all you car booters know ,NAAS CAR BOOT SALE IS ON AGAIN> FROM (9am .SATURDAY 27" And every saturday , I just saw a big poster for it ,so happy car bootie to all who go. happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JULIEBABY
25-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Have a pile of stuff that I would love to take to carboot sale, I wondered does anyone know, can I just show up or do I have to try and book it, couldn't get in to Fairyhouse for this weekend and would love to do one, while the weather is fine, any advice Juliebaby

Butterflyj
25-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Cuidui are holding their bi-annual second hand baby equipment, kids clothing and toys sale.

St Brigids School, Howth Road, Killester. 2pm Sun 9th Nov.

Clothing normally goes for €1.50-€2.00 each.

Normally loads of buggies, cots, and plenty of toys and books at very good prices.

lrbt23
27-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Behind the George Bernard Shaw at Portobello on Saturday 27th from 1pm to 6pm. They have tons of vintage clothes and lots of retro stuff, worth a look.

noddytown
27-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi Giant cbs at castleinch Kilkenny every sunday
also on Saturday at Cillin Hill kilkenny on every Sat
Also try doing a search on google, car boot sale ireland

Maurs
10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm a bit of a carbooter and I've read heaps of the posts here. I have to say, publicity for car boot sales, by and large, is cronic. I've posted one that a mate of mine organises on www.bootflea.com (good site). Carbootsrus is very out of date and there's some misinformation. I also think that most organisers aren't very good with a computer. Usually sellers know where the carboot sales are before the buyers. I was in Flanclare and it was packed with terrific stalls on a beautiful sunny day.... no buyers... one woman stopped at my stall, said she loved carboot sales, only lived a couple of miles down the road and didn't know it existed. Folk at the neighbouring stall said that when they stopped at a garage near by the folk there said they didn't know if it was still going on. Bad publicity is killing carboot sales before they've taken off. I had traveled over an hour for that one; thank goodness I brought a few facepaints!!

Thing is, if you push the publicity they're a great fundraiser. I organise an annual fundraising carboot sale in Galway. I do heaps of adverti*****t and it goes down well. You can make €500 to €1000 on a sale if it's got lots going on. I recommend a tea and cake stall (it can take over €150 even at a not so busy carboot sale) and some facepainting. I've been asked to help organise more, they really are in demand bigtime.

I had started a wee website called www.carbootireland.com because I found I was trawling through half information on sales. If people could post the phone numbers of the organisers (or an email) to clarify that the sale is really on, that'd be great (came across some annoyed folk when I phoned them from the carbootsrus site, they were either wrong phone numbers and were plagued by calls, or were two years out of date).

Anyway there's also a group on facebook, carboot Ireland. Ye're great keeping the posts going on this. Carboot sales are already getting more popular what with the credit crunch and consumer hangover from the last 10 years. Keep them going

mhandmoc
14-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Were Is The Next Dublin House / Electric House Hold Clearence??
There Was One Up Near Palmerstown Once And I Found A Brand New Flower Pot When I Was Passing By, You Would Be Surprised What You Would Find, Does Anyone Know Were The Next One Is??
And How Do People Find Out These Things :) ??

Tahlula
14-10-2008, 11:42 PM
There is a car boot sale every saturday and sunday in Jamestown Road in Inchicore, Dublin 8. It's indoors, just drive in, so no need to worry about the rain, first come, first served basis, no reservations needed. Cars spaces only, €10 on Saturday and €25 on Sunday, or €25 for both days. Gates open at 9am to sellers. Declutter before the swamp of Christmas presents, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

If you google Irish Independent, Clear Out Sale, you'll find an article written about this car boot.

Happy bargain hunting and selling folks
Tahlula

kila2008
15-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi, just wondering if it is still worth doing carboot sales?? I have never done one before but there are two separate carboot sales/markets that take place every Sunday in the local town and I was thinking about trying one out. I have a lot of baby clothes, toys, equipment, etc. from when my daughter was born...she is 7 now but an only child and was the first grandchild on both sides so was inundated with presents...stuff was all new for her and a lot of it was rarely used due to the volume of stuff that was bought/received so it is still in really good condition.

I'm also thinking about trying out the local craft markets coming up to xmas as I love crafting and have been dabbling in various crafts for a while now...handmade cards and other stationery, floral arrangements, friendship bracelets/jewellery, etc.

The thing is that I really have no idea where to start or if, in the current economic climate, it is even worthwhile to do. My partner and I are currently trying to finish off a self-build and any extra income at the moment would be very welcome as it would help with getting the house finished.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks!

mhandmoc
15-10-2008, 07:37 PM
hey,
the best car boot around is

ballbriggin,
it seems to me if you head out there you will be worth a mint ;)
see, as a customer ballbriggin opens up REALLY EARLY,
BOOTERS sometimes leave there house at 6 in the morning and are closed up and all by 2, 3 latest! if you have clothes you will be going home with nothing, if u had to sell all clothes at 1e you would be fleeased!!
one day in ballbriggin is like a months money going anywhere else!
vans that are packed to the brime go home empty,
best place i promise you that and only 20euro a car, 30 e a van! and you make that back in 30 mins to an hour if even ;)
give it a try!!

JULIEBABY
15-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi I have done a few car boots now at Fairyhouse and find it great, nice bunch of people etc and loads of people buying. Heard Balbriggen is back on.

Give Fairyhouse a try.

Tahlula
15-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Kila.....I would LOVE to talk to you.... I am an arts and crafter and have an operation in motion for arts and crafters to sell their wares. If you pop down to the market on Saturday or Sunday, ask to speak to Nuala and i will give you all the details. Please get in touch as I think you'd be very interested in my plans.

As for the car boot, we're not as busy as other car boots yet but we ARE undercover so as winter looms we may be a more attractive option. Thing is though, if you put up signs saying for example, (as I did when I did one) everything €1, 6 items for €5, they sell quickly.

Hoping to hear from you Kila :)

Tahlula

Tallon
19-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey,

Dont know why the other thread was closed but if theres an issue you can just close this one too.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Carragh will be on NEXT sunday 30th November. Really good place and theres usually Loads of people at it

Its in Gingerstown, Carragh, right beside the rail bridge

Map is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&view=map&q=carragh&sll=53.229571,-6.7099&sspn=0.040692,0.099821&ie=UTF8&ll=53.229776,-6.733675&spn=0.040692,0.099821&z=14&iwloc=addr

Thanks for reading

Tallon

siurtain
19-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi where is cara?

elbo
19-11-2008, 04:31 PM
yes, where is Cara.

paprika
19-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeppeeee, planning my Sunday trip!!!!

Try this for finding Cara:
http://www.aaireland.ie/routes/

Happy carbooting to everyone!

buster44
19-11-2008, 04:46 PM
co.kildare what a grate car boot sale lots of stalls and grate baragain

rachelle
19-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi is this Carragh just outside Naas?
How do you go about setting up a stall?
Sorry for my ignorance but id love to sell stuff at it and im new to the whole car boot thing.

Tallon
19-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Details of where it is are up there ^^^^^^

:)

ireneo
19-11-2008, 05:15 PM
We went to that bootsale in Carragh in August and we found it very dea for a bootsale. Ive been to a lot cheaper. Our boys got them plastic springy things, I think they are called slinkys and we were charged 3euro each for them. They are 1euro in the euroshop. And a little plastic windmill that you get at the beach for a euro was 3euro too

Chris P
19-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey, Dont know why the other thread was closed but if theres an issue you can just close this one too. Tallon
Hi Tallon,

We have closed the "Car Boot" thread because of the downright libellous content of some of the posts made by a few individuals (not your good self, of course) on a number of occasions.

The Managers of JumbleTown have decided that the original thread can remain (locked) in the Green Tips forum for information purposes, but they are no longer interested in carrying any more threads pertaining to car-boot sales. That's why I've merged your thread of 19/11/08 with this, the original one.

So, in short, no more threads on car-boots. Please use the links to relevant sites contained in this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

Regards
Chris P
Admin