PDA

View Full Version : FREE JumbleTown Posters: Help Spread the Word

Chris P
02-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Please help spread the word about JumbleTown.

Why not put up a poster in your place of work or in your local community hall?

You can download JumbleTown posters/flyers in handy word document format
from our media centre which is located at http://www.jumbletown.ie/media.htm

Thanks!
Chris P
(Admin)

johnny boy
18-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi i have just printed out about 50 posters and will distribute them around the Westmeath area (Mullingar). Jumbletown great idea.

Chris P
18-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi johnny boy,

Many thanks for printing and distributing the JumbleTown posters.

People all over the island of Ireland are slowly but surely learning about JumbleTown because of good folk like you.

Keep it up!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

SunnySE
22-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Great work Chris !

Debracd
05-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi is it ok to use that image on another forum rather than printing it off?

Deb

zcq
02-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Even though I joined today my eyes struck when I saw this site, amazing. Couldn't believe my eyes, I can see this site helping me and other people in many ways ! I'll make sure to print off some poster things in the next few days :)

Chris P
02-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Many thanks, zcq!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Chris P
02-11-2006, 11:49 PM

Deb

Hi Debracd,

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. "Stickies" can be blindspots even for Admins!

About the image on the JumbleTown posters: it's perfectly okay to use the image if you wish to promote the site. A few people, who are active on other forums, are already using it as a signature.

Thanks again!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Debracd
02-11-2006, 11:58 PM
No worries chris. I had it up for a few weeks anyway ;) Changed it to another 'cause' a few days go, but I'm sure it'll make an appearance again soon :)

Deb

Chris P
03-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Many thanks, Debra. As the ad says: "Every little helps!"

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Aceshigh
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
is it ok to alter it a bit ie put www.jumbletown.ie needs you instead of just jumbletown because with just the picture makes people more inquisitive and with the web site adress on it once they are on they will more than likely browse the site and even put in a bid(if thats the right word to use) for an item
..thanx
....wayne

Chris P
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
is it ok to alter it a bit ....wayne

Hi Aceshigh,

The image above is not the complete poster -- it is only part of it. The rest of the poster has some copy outlining JumbleTown's objectives etc. The website's URL is mentioned on the full poster.

Having said that, as long as the image and the word "JumbleTown" are kept in a recognisable format, you can do whatever you like with the poster. Feel free to design whatever you think will work best in your area.

Thanks!

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

nono
22-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I'm going to try to download some posters in the morning. If I'm successful I'll post back. I'm not very computer literate but I'll try to spread the word

Chris P
22-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi,

I'm going to try to download some posters in the morning. If I'm successful I'll post back. I'm not very computer literate but I'll try to spread the word
Hi Nono,

To download posters, visit this page:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Then right click on either...

"JumbleTown Needs You (Colour)"

OR

"JumbleTown Needs You (Black & White)"

and choose "Save Target as..." from the option box.

Then choose "(Save to) Desktop" from the list of options on the left of the box that pops up.

Thanks for your support!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bibi
20-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Chris,

Have just downloaded poster & copied X 50. These are being distributed around Sligo/Mayo/South Galway in an effort to promote this wonderful site in these areas.

I am targeting Schools, Shops, Banks, Post Offices, Local Authority Offices, Doctors Surgeries - in fact any place I see a noticeboard & have permission to use same. Hope this will reap rewards for the entire JT population.

Cheers

Bibi

Chris P
21-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi Chris,

Have just downloaded poster & copied X 50. These are being distributed around Sligo/Mayo/South Galway in an effort to promote this wonderful site in these areas.

I am targeting Schools, Shops, Banks, Post Offices, Local Authority Offices, Doctors Surgeries - in fact any place I see a noticeboard & have permission to use same. Hope this will reap rewards for the entire JT population.

Cheers

Bibi
Many thanks for printing off and puttting up the JumbleTown posters, Bibi.

Jumbletowners are still few and far between in the West, but we know there are more out there, given the right promotion.

We've been up and running for two years now and were fortunate enough to get Galway City and County Council, and Sligo Borough Council, to provide some funding (for marketing purposes) under the Local Agenda 21 Scheme in early 2008.

We know that we still have a lot of work to do to spread the life-cycling message and realise that JumbleTowners themselves are the main means of promoting the site, so every poster helps. So once again, thanks for helping to promote JumbleTown!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Richie
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM

Deb
Some forums have a policy on advertising, it might be best to check with the admins first, explain how its such a good cause and not in any way promoting their competition. :)

kiara
10-11-2008, 12:07 AM
iv told every1 from my best friends to shop assisstants and my beautician! i dont think people are listening though coz there still doesnt seem to be a big ennis population on jumbletown :(

Chris P
10-11-2008, 12:30 AM
iv told every1 from my best friends to shop assisstants and my beautician! i dont think people are listening though coz there still doesnt seem to be a big ennis population on jumbletown :(
Hi Kiara,

Over the past two years, Clare County Council has very kindly given us some funds from the Local Agenda 21 scheme for marketing purposes. This allows us to advertise once a year -- we usually run ads on Clare FM and in some of the local papers in April/May each year. Obviously, we'd love to have ads running at local and national level throughout the year but we've yet to secure funding for that. But we live in hope!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

kiara
10-11-2008, 02:07 PM
il keep spreading the recycling word!

NuzuBuzu
12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Don't have a printer for the posters but I placed an add in another websites with my own experience here. Hope it helps.

Chris P
12-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't have a printer for the posters but I placed an add in another websites with my own experience here. Hope it helps.
Many thanks, Nuzubuzu.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

lushington
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
That is so cute, I will put one up in my window now!

Chris P
08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
That is so cute, I will put one up in my window now!
Thanks for your support, lushington.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Siekadeer
03-03-2012, 10:13 AM
I will gladly print and distribute some of these.

Chris P
03-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I will gladly print and distribute some of these.
Thanks for your support, Siekadeer!

Regards
Chris P
Admin