PDA

View Full Version : Remember the cream jacuzzi bathroom suite?

MandyD
30-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Most of you will remember the bathroom suite I got off a lovely JTer here a good while ago... I'm only now getting around to installing it (shame on me!!) but it's the menfolk at fault, not me...I nagged and nagged like a good fishwife lol.
Well I forgot to take a pic of the bathroom before the bath was installed, but I'll take one now, before the rest is done, and add it on. The loo and sink will be going in tomorrow (sick of the nagging) and the electrics will be hooked up on Tuesday.
After that, I can put down the floor that's been sitting in my hall press for the last three months! Yippee! Not a moment too soon either, as the baby is due in 6 weeks.
We still have a lot to get done with the house, but it's starting to come together...slowly but surely.

Right, I'm off to root out the camera... now where did I leave it...?

**watch this space**

MandyD
30-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Ok, pictures of the work in progress... Note the charming chip board floor with fashionable glue stains and saw marks. Also note the massive gap between bath and wall....turns out the bath was a LOT smaller than our last one...a fact that suits me well enough, since I'm only short, but hubby, being roughly 6 foot or so...well..... haha

Imagine, if you can, the matching loo and pedestal sink, with cream floor tiles, a cream and brown mosaic center peice, a new paint job...and some new wall tiles to match in with the cream and coffee decor...

I keep telling myself it will be beautiful when finished...but...it's taking its time!! lol

unapam
30-08-2009, 11:12 PM
That's coming along fine. I bet it is going to be amazing when it is finished with the woman's touch: towels, candles and dodads that dress it up! Keep going. You're nearly there!

MandyD
30-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh I have big ideas! Pity I didn't have the big bank account to match lol. Hopefully the tiling and stuff will be done by this day next week, and then I can accessorise. The wall tiles, as I said, will have to wait...any ideas how to blend in the glaring white tiles with the cream decor in the mean time?
I was thinking maybe I could cover up the grouting with some masking tape (long, tedious job, I know) and spray the tiles with a nice gold/brass acrylic spray paint to match the brass fittings on the bath...then add new white tiles to the new space where I need them, and do the same? Would that work?

We recently re-did our bedroom, from cream and red to cream, brown and gold and it turned out lovely. Got rid of our old furniture to make room for baby's cot and stuff, and got a lovely double wardrobe and vanity unit fitment for the alcove from Argos which only set us back 300 euro and looks like it cost a lot more! Just gave the walls a new lick of creamy paint and bought some brown wallpaper with gold flowers on for the bedhead wall. Spray painted our old black iron wall sconces gold, replaced them and put a nice pine mirror we had lying around the house lengthways over the bed to break up all that brown. Such a big difference, it's really hard to imagine that it's the same space. All in all it cost us perhaps 500 with new fitment, bed, bedding, wallpaper and accessories. Not bad.

Next stop, kids rooms. My son's room is so strange. It has the chimney breast one side, and what looks like another chimney breast on the opposite wall, because my daughter's room has a massive alcove for a wardrobe, that eats into his. Gah...did the architect not think of this?! We have to knock the wall down and rebuild. Poor son has no straight wall in his room to put his bed along...and the little gaps from the alcoves the chimney breast creates,...he keeps falling into them in his sleep lol

MandyD
16-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Well the rest of the suite is in, and I just got the jacuzzi hooked up to the electrics tonight. And of course I had to try it out. I'm not worth two cents right now after getting out of it, I'm all jelly-like lol

Will be starting the floor in the next couple of days... pics to follow!

keno
17-09-2009, 09:27 AM
well done , get tile paint, it comes in many colours,and it works perfect. Anytime i feel like changing my color in kitchen, i paint the tiles to match using tile paint.

As for the jacussi,isn't it just bliss surrounded by bubbles.

MandyD
18-09-2009, 11:48 PM
The suit is in...The floor is laid...it just needs grouting now, and the bath panel put back on...and all the mess cleared up!! Then we can get to work on the walls...

Sinamo
19-09-2009, 04:29 AM
lookin good Mandy
keep up the good work and one day the bathroom wil be done and u can stand back and say.....never again!!!!! hehehehehe
keep us posted wit pics of the "finished article"
btw...ur bedroom decor sounds fab....cream and browns together can make for a real cozy enviroment :o)