PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed: Fabric sample book to Shopping bags

unapam
14-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I was given a large book of heavy fabric samples. I had made some cushions from them (but there's only so many cushions you can have!)

So I got the idea of making some eco-friendly shopping totes. They turned out great. I am thinking of making a few to give away on JT. They are good and roomy, and fully washable.

Did you know that each fabric bag can replace many thousands of plastic bags? Good enough reason to make them and give them away!

Linn
14-09-2009, 08:44 PM
WOW you just simple amaze me. your ideas and creativity is brillant.
If your going to put them on JT you better make loads lol as the response will be huge.

Scrabble
14-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Great idea.Looks really stylish. You are very creative to come up with an idea like that.

sparkwell
15-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Unapam strikes again! I think that is a brilliant idea well done!

smokeyeyes
15-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Why am I not surprised you came up with an idea like this, only you Unapam. :-D

P.S. If you putting them up on JT, count me in, as Linn says you'll be inundated !!

gracia
15-09-2009, 06:55 PM
what a great idea,just beautiful colourful and very practical well done pam

shonastar
17-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Inspirational as usual, Unapam, those bags are divine!

TickTock
17-09-2009, 02:24 PM
These bags are just lovely - are you in the business of selling your crafts? If not, then why are you not? They're great - wish I was as skillful as you are!

unapam
17-09-2009, 02:31 PM
These bags are just lovely - are you in the business of selling your crafts? If not, then why are you not? They're great - wish I was as skillful as you are!

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I occassionally sell an item on Etsy (a kind of ebay for hand crafted items -nothing up there at moment) but mostly I love to make them for myself, friends or to do my little bit for the planet - hence these.

All those pictured have been taken by JT'ers but can I send the unsewn kit ,cut out and ready to sticth to anyone who wants to make their own (SAE of 95c) cheers...unapam

flybynight
17-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I was given a large book of heavy fabric samples. I had made some cushions from them (but there's only so many cushions you can have!)

So I got the idea of making some eco-friendly shopping totes. They turned out great. I am thinking of making a few to give away on JT. They are good and roomy, and fully washable.

Did you know that each fabric bag can replace many thousands of plastic bags? Good enough reason to make them and give them away!

What a brilliant idea! I'm a clutz at sewing, but they look really pretty and great for the environment too. Well done.

unapam
01-10-2009, 04:01 PM
All the bags and kits have been taken but they can be made from

two squares of fabric approx 15"x15" hemmed at top and stitched around three sides.
Then cut two strips of fabric aproxx 15" long and 3/4" wide.

Fold and sew these to make straps and then stitch them to top of bag for handles. So easy!

squeegeyflap
12-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Love them! Where did you get the fabric book?

Izzyizzy
30-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Unapam, congratulations I have to say to you !!! The shopping bags you made are absolutely lovely. And so bright and colourful too. If you do by any chance have any to spare could I please have one. MAny thanks , Pam. JUst read all the posts and can I send you the sae to get a kit if you have any left. Thanks.