PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Query

dee1
24-10-2009, 06:54 PM
wastepipe from sink broke on outside of wall. its one that was pushed into the other bit,no pipe to hold onto or cut off, how do i fix, without paying a plumber,is it a diy job or should i save and get the plumber in?

coffeycase
24-10-2009, 08:38 PM
can you post a pic of the broken pipe??

a picture says a thousand words and if i see the exact problem i may have idea if i can see the damage

dee1
24-10-2009, 08:57 PM
can you post a pic of the broken pipe??

a picture says a thousand words and if i see the exact problem i may have idea if i can see the damage

Apparently i cant, daughter says its too slow because of dial up.

We will be on broadband within a couple of weeks after halloween,so I will rebump with photo then,once herself shows me how.

Thanks for taking time out to reply, hope to hear again from you in a couple of weeks.

dee.

Sabrinabray
24-10-2009, 09:15 PM
have you camera on phone?

dee1
24-10-2009, 09:24 PM
have you camera on phone?

Yes, my daughter has,why?can she do it that way,and if so can you give me the rundown,on how to do it please..thank you in advance..
dee.

Sabrinabray
24-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes, my daughter has,why?can she do it that way,and if so can you give me the rundown,on how to do it please..thank you in advance..
dee.
Maybe she could send the pic from her phone to coffeycase phone!

dee1
24-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Maybe she could send the pic from her phone to coffeycase phone!
good thinking,if coffeycase is reading maybe you can pm your number, if not will bump with photo in a couple of weeks, thanks again for the help, much appriceted...dee.

Fries-With-That
25-10-2009, 01:17 PM
If you take the bit of the pipe that has broken off into your local hardware store or a good diy outlet they should be able to sell you a pipe joiner and some glue to fit both parts together.

Regards,

Fries.

kilk
25-10-2009, 01:21 PM
this should be a diy job no prob. like fries says the local hardware should be able to help.

dee1
25-10-2009, 02:10 PM
this should be a diy job no prob. like fries says the local hardware should be able to help.

fries;and everyone who's replied a big thank you .I will do as fries advises and report back on thread as to wheather i suceed or not.
dee.

cathy
25-10-2009, 02:41 PM
could you heat pipe with blow tourch , melt a little insert and molde as it cools down to fit?
cathy