PDA

View Full Version : More repurposing ideas.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
1. 'The 3rd leg!' of old candlestick. I needed a hanging rack for fireside poker, brush etc. I twisted the ends of the metal, attached to the wall and now everything is tidy!

2. This little table was made by setting a log/lump of wood into the brickwork, leveling the top and adding a polished piece of wood.

3.These slates were on the floors of the cottage when we bought it but were very eneven and dusty as they were set in cement. Had the floors tiled but kept the old slates and have just had two sitting areas created with them. Now when people ask what was the house like when you bought it I can show them the patio and say 'this was my sitting room floor'.

4. We were lucky to have these barrels left on site when the house was sold. Have a horror of children drowning in barrels of water so didn't want to use for rain barrells. One is now a large planter for the patio. The other looks like it is just sitting there but as you will see in photo, by cutting a doorway in the back it hides the cylinder from my gas cooker very well.

5.Old wheel from farm machinery, and fancy metal from an old fireplace now adorn my garden shed. Also door is recycled from another building, painted and new stained glass put in. The 'poshest shed' I ever had LOL!!

maggied
12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
wow love what you've done with all your finds .lovve the barrel ideas .. could imagine sitting on that patio in the summer ( if we ever get one ) with a glass of wine and thinking up new ways with "junk" . thanks for sharing .M.

tudlytops
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Nice 1 again, it looks great

Chris P
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Impressive work, Eibhlin ni Sheambrai -- thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

unapam
14-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Well done.