PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed Broken Jewellery and more...

unapam
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Don't throw out any odd earrings or broken costume jewellery. With some satin ribbon and oddments of lace they can be made into corsages that are so popular at the moment.

Just lay out all your bits and bobs and start trying putting things together until you get an arrangement you like.

These two were made from scraps of leftover lace, ribbon etc. The one on the left has an old brooch that had lost its clasp and the one on the right has an odd earring and part of a broken necklace. Stitch a pin to the back and off you go with a unique corsage.

Leftover scraps of wool? If you can do basic crochet you can whip up this nursery wall hanging in a couple of hours, small circles for ears and muzzle, larger circle for face, some pompoms and stitch them on to a long ribbon.

*please note...this is NOT suitable as toy as the pompoms pieces could come loose if played with. Looks great on a wall though.

maggied
11-03-2010, 11:53 PM
hi unapam , have just made a couple of these corsages too will post soon , i love yours very feminine. my pics aren,t turning out great will have to do a photography class !!! will pm you about meeting tomorrow afternoon
regards
maggied

Gormal
12-03-2010, 12:42 AM
That's an interesting idea! I used to repurpose odd bits of jewelry as handbag charms, bit like decorated kilt pins, or using safety pins which could be a bit more punk or goth for teens.
Not got anything like that at the moment though

Mandolin
12-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Stunning! You're a genius. Thanks for all the great ideas. Mandolin

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
13-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Unapam, these are lovely. Specially like the teddies--made me feel all broody!! and my 'baby' is heading for 21!! I love how you do the photos, all misty . and romantic round the edges. Is it a special program or just your amazing skill at computers? Keep up the good work, Eibhlin

unapam
13-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks to you all for the lovely comments. Much appreciated.

Eibhlinn, I use Photoshop to enhance the photos as I submit them for sale on a handmade/craft site in USA.

It is not difficult to do and just takes a couple of minutes. I'll show you how in summer when I see you for a break with hubby.

kildarechick
13-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Awwww there grgeous. Im makeing jewellery out of odd bits atm i will post pics wen i finish.

But omg teddys sooooooooooooo cute!!