PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing an old Cottage/bungalow – Kitchen finally

tudlytops
21-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi! All

The boring bit first lol

As you know this cottage has been empty for at least 12 years and it needs a lot of work, its been be fun and a lot of hard work :)

If you have anything we can use or advice, please click on link to our wanted thread, thanks

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=74344 in the wanted section

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=78228 in the before & after section

Now

Finally kitchen 95% There.

We wanted the kitchen to look like its been here a long time and we just come along and fixed it up a bit, and to have a country feel and look.

We want to tile the floor and the walls over the work tops and over cooker, but that will have to wait on better finances. :)

So for the moment we painted the floor and over the cooker and we’ve wallpaper over the counters.

We are really happy with the result.

For the kitchen we given with many many thanks:).

Kitchen from Cole
Kitchen from another site
Kitchen taps from Sean
Loads of advice from various people.
Bread maker from Biker Chick
Saw, Paint & more from thepallasbull
Building materials from martin
Light fitting, sockets, etc from mewl81
Fondue from Chorcai
Tiles not used yet as we need more from familyguy

Again Thank you all so much :)

PS. If we forgot someone please accept our sincere apologies.

tudlytops
21-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Just one thing, we only check our internet once or so a week as we don't have internet up the cottage yet.

Mickey
21-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow - such a lot of hard work - well done, it's looking fab!

Bunty
21-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi tudlytops, Well done, you have certainly done a lot of hard work. Just rem 'Everything comes to he who waits' just joking, it looks great.

Chris P
21-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Great work, Tudlytops. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the project.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Gormal
21-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Absolutely fantastic. I hope you take a few days break to regenerate before the next stage.

sparkwell
21-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Well done Tudlytops your kitchen is looking great it must give you a real lift to see the room looking so well. Thanks for sharing
Sparkwell

junkista
21-05-2010, 10:48 PM
hi tudlytops!
so great to see the progress, the kitchen looks wow!! you are both doing a fantastic job! keep it up and thanks so much for sharing it with us.
junkista

Fries-With-That
22-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Well done Christina, and I'm sure Denis gave you a little help ( only kidding Denis).

Fries.

denkarma
22-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey guys Thanks for the comments, lots of work but well worth it. Fries-with-that...if you look at the pics Cristina is only standing by the old stove (not working) I'm the only one doing any work. :-)

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
23-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow Tuddlytops, I am stunned--that is a fabulous job. It looks so cosy and I think you have achieved the image you wanted--like it has always been there. You will find the rest of the renovations easier--when you have a clean workable kitchen to return/retreat to between jobs. Keep up the good work but don't over exhaust yourself--this house looks like you are going to be here for a long while--enjoy it too!! Eibhlin.

unapam
23-05-2010, 07:06 PM
It looks wonderful. You have done a marvelous job and it looks so cosy and welcoming. Really well done.

BCD
27-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Ah Tudlytops,
It turned out great..so cosy lookin..I can just smell the brown bread...It has so much character and it so new..I'm feelin a little lazy now..As i already posted up on Unapams page,I'm gonna get stuck into some small project over the weekend.. :)
BCD.

tudlytops
27-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Thank you all.

Will be moving on with the living room, well we done some work there already but its not quite finished yet.

As for resting, what's that? lol

oh, oh we GOT WATER hiha, well the pump is working all we need to do we getting it from the weel house to the cottage .

tudlytops
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Water is no good, we need some filter thingy, so I guess we don't have water again, oh well back to basics :)

bubble
07-06-2010, 10:45 PM
the place is coming along great fair play to ye for all yer hard work

tudlytops
11-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Slowly buy surrely we getting there.

footworks
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Well done guys for all your hard work...fair play:) You should be so proud.

mk1dub
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
wow, very impressive, nice to see unwanted stuff can be made so wanted again.. so to speak. well done..

tudlytops
05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Thank you :)

So far we have or will put everything we were given to good use, for the moment now we are taken advantage of the good weather and doing odd jobs outside.

As soon as we have internet again will be posting some more pictures :), all depends on eircom, we've only been waiting a couple of months :)

iliy
08-09-2010, 03:26 PM
hoping to do up my Nan's house if they decide to give it to me, but its falling down.must be gutted and have no money so was hoping to do it through jumble town and the good will of people, but every one I've said it to is putting it down and saying how it wont work.thank ye for putting my dreams strong in my mind again and proving that you can make things happen from hard work and kindness....this is a great gift for people to see.

mw100860
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Good on ya Illy, its great to see old houses being refurbished. Too many of them falling down around the country and they have sooo much more character and quality than what passes for housing nowadays
More people like you and less people on housing waiting lists. The govt should give grants to people to do up such houses, give them a bit of incentive

bubble
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
the cottege is comin on graet well done

tudlytops
12-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Thank you all.

I always dreamt of a small place with a garden all around, that was all I ever wanted.

Could never afford anything though, but when we saw this house we just knew this was it.

We doing it with very little money, bit by bit, people in JT have been great and we getting there.

When we moved in we still didn't have water and we only just got it about 3 weeks ago, it was a long 4+ month without water, but it had its funny moments.

Its small, but it is all we need and we got way more then just a garden all around, we will be growing our own stuff and as soon as we can get a chicken hut will be having chickens to :)

Never give up the dream it is possible.

Leahsmam
08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
hi your doing a great job. it will be great when finished. a lot of work to take on.

paprika
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Well done, it looks absolutely lovely! Hope all goes well with your cottage renovation! :)

tudlytops
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Its getting there slowly, we still have the kitchen floor to do, but at least this room is usable.

We now sleep in the cottage to, no more caravan :P

melissabell
10-05-2011, 01:10 AM
This is fantastic!!!! you really are inspiring!!!!

tudlytops
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks...:)

Will be updating the other thread soon I hope...

tudlytops
13-05-2011, 02:01 PM
the floor is now also finished...another job out of the way...:P

grissy
22-06-2011, 10:29 AM
WOW, you really have done some great work, it looks amazing, its a credit to you, I love the diary and photos of the transformation it is great :)

tudlytops
23-06-2011, 09:00 PM
WOW, you really have done some great work, it looks amazing, its a credit to you, I love the diary and photos of the transformation it is great :)

Thank you, we are now nearly finished with the tilling on the walls, will update pictures soon...:)

thepallasbull
30-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Well done to you both , place lookg fab .. far cry from day 1 :)

tudlytops
25-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Well done to you both , place lookg fab .. far cry from day 1 :)

thanks, just started with the spare bedroom...now to call this a bedroom is really pushing it lol, no floor, no celling, its more of a hole lol..

bluecurlygirl
04-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Howya Tudlytops. Long time no speak. I see you've been keeping busy though. You're doing a great job. I can't believe the difference from the beginning. LOVE the kitchen. The doors are a fantastic transformation. Don't lose the momentum ya boya. Get that boudoir sorted now good man ;-) Seriously, I don't know how ya did it but I hope you're very proud of it. If I did that job I'd be standin admiring it for hours. Well done you.

Leyazile
10-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Amazing! Really like the colour scheme and the whole area around the cooker

tudlytops
08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Amazing! Really like the colour scheme and the whole area around the cooker
Thank you, it just seamed to be the best for an old place...