PDA

View Full Version : Query Re: Recycling Clothes

marty f
12-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Apart from charity shops does anyone know where I could off load about 8 black bags of assorted clothes some of which may not be saleable for charity.
Keep up the good work.
Marty f

Gra
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
not sure where you are based.... so don't know if this is relevant to you but my local recycling centre (ballyogan) has facility to recycle clothing/fabrics and also footwear. this is probably the case in most recycling centres?!? maybe check with your local authority for more info....

Apart from charity shops does anyone know where I could off load about 8 black bags of assorted clothes some of which may not be saleable for charity.
Keep up the good work.
Marty f

Chris P
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Keep up the good work.
Marty f

Hi Marty,

The Bring Bank at Tesco, Drumcondra Road is your best bet -- it accepts clothes, textiles, cans, and glass.

All of the other "Bring Banks" in the Cabra area (eg. at O'Devaney Gardens, NCR) only accept glass and/or cans (as far as I know).

Shamrock Terrace, North Strand is the largest and most comprehensive "Recycling Facility" closest to Cabra.

Address: North Strand Rd, Shamrock Tce, Dublin 3
Phone: Tel: 01-8364716
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 10am - 4pm
Closed Sat, Sun and Bank holidays

Some of the items listed below are subject to a Recycling Charge.

Materials Recycled at Shamrock Terrace:

* Books
* Cans
* Cardboard
* Car batteries
* CDs
* Clothes
* Cooking oil
* DVD players
* DVDS
* Engine oil
* Fluorescent tubes
* Freezers
* Fridge
* Furniture

* Glass
* Household batteries
* IT Equipment
* Light bulbs
* Newspapers & Magazines
* Paper
* Plastic bottles
* Plastic Packaging
* Radios
* Rubble
* Scrap Metal
* Stamps
* Tetrapak
* Textiles
* Tumble dryers
* VCRs
* Videos
* Washing machines

* Medicines
* Mobile Phones
* Paints
* TVs
* Weed Killers

Compost Bins can be purchased at this location

jjkbl37
27-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Know it's really late in answering, but just in case anyone else is just browsing the green zone like me, I know the charity shops can get €5/€6 per bag of recycled clothes, so if you have a bag or two that aren't 'good enough', just mark recycling on the bag then they don't have to sort and still benefit, hth.