PDA

View Full Version : Passion flower thanks to Ger57

durran
11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Last year Ger57 sent me cuttings of passion flower. Some died but the one I put in a jar of water and planted in a pot when the root had grown is looking good now.

Thank you Ger57

unapam
11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
That's gorgeous. I bet it will look even better next year. Maybe you could do an update?

Angelsfishingrod
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
hi there, I love Passion flowers,, its gorgeuos.. maybe you would take a cutting for me?? and I could send you some poppy and other seeds if you like,,, let me know. :) Mine was killed with the bad frost last year!!

durran
12-07-2010, 05:47 AM
hi there, I love Passion flowers,, its gorgeuos.. maybe you would take a cutting for me?? and I could send you some poppy and other seeds if you like,,, let me know. :) Mine was killed with the bad frost last year!!

Sure I will I will take cuttings after it flowers.

finj
12-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi there if you take cuttings you might keep me in mind, I lost mine after the frosts this year and cant find one in our local garden center which surprises me. They have to be one of the most beautiful flowers.... well done...

Angelsfishingrod
13-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Just browsing about the passion flower, knew it was something to do with Christ, its such a beautiful flower, and many other wonderful species.. some lovely sites listed with all the pictures, amazing. :)
Symbolism

"The five petals and five sepals are the ten disciples less Judas & Peter. The corona filaments are the crown of thorns. The five stamen with anthers match the five sacred wounds & the three stigma the nails. This symbolism is not universal however, in Japan it is sometimes known as 'The Clock-faced Plant' and apparently has recently been adopted as as symbol for homosexual Japanese youths."