PDA

View Full Version : Making use of broken chairs.

Fries-With-That
07-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I had a few broken kitchen chairs, the seats and backs were perfect, but the legs had seen better days.

I found afew broken office chairs on another free website, the seats were in poor repair but the central stand and the gas elevators worked perfectly.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, what could I do with these to save them from landfill.

I removed the broken legs from the kitchen chairs and removed the broken seats from the office chairs and attached one to the other.

Now I have 3 functional chairs, 2 are high enough for the breakfast bar, and can be lowered for the boys to use at their work stations.

The other one is perfect for use at the computer and can be adjusted to suit an adult or child with ease.

See Pictures Below.

mondubics
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
All you need now is a home-made cushion for each, with a frill to hide the mechanics! well done.

Belarus
08-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Fantastic work Fries and well done for innovation. Who would have thought of it. They look fabulous.

Fries-With-That
08-08-2010, 01:06 PM
All you need now is a home-made cushion for each, with a frill to hide the mechanics! well done.

When they're sitting the ground the mechanics cannot be seen, But I will have to get some seat pads.

unapam
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Nothing like thinking outside the box! Great idea.

mondubics
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
When they're sitting the ground the mechanics cannot be seen, But I will have to get some seat pads.
Well, before you do the seat pads, maybe have a think about the effect of not having cushioning!
It might encourage the user to not overstay their time at whatever table / desk the chair is being used at ;-)))

tudlytops
28-09-2010, 10:54 PM
cool :)