JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbished Pine Dresser (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=112128)

nanna3 14-04-2011 04:38 PM

hey lovely job, cant believe it turned out so well as it looked sooooo bad the last time i was in ur house....well done....mind u, come to think about it i'm sure it would look alot better in MY house..........

Jumbles 16-04-2011 06:47 PM

Beautiful, well done!

Leahsmam 17-04-2011 11:56 PM

well done you did a great job, love the white as it looks so clean and bright

Purplerain 18-04-2011 08:13 AM

well worth it

hi it s a lovely job i dont think actually i know i wouldnt have had the patience to strip of all the old paint.It was hard work but worth it and you will cherish it all the more.

paprika 24-04-2011 05:21 PM

Well done, it looks fabulous!!

TillyL 24-04-2011 06:58 PM

Dresser

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelsfishingrod
My special old witch.. which laughs and has flashing red eyes! when you press the button!! my grandaughter was scared stiff of it when she was younger.. god love her. awful Nanna!!

I'm the person who gave you the dresser and I am delighted to see it as you said you would do. Well done to all your hard work and as you say hubby was shocked at first. Isn't it nice to say "I told you so". Men don't appreciate the hard work we do and the foresight of women. I had intended at one time doing this project but with a million other jobs - new house to build - I couldn't see that happening for years. Enjoy it, it is beautiful and has lots of charm. Tess

goodasnew 26-04-2011 01:55 AM

What a beautiful result... You've inspired me to do the same with my pine dresser. XOX

Bill_D 26-04-2011 06:58 AM

Dresser

Hi Angelsfishingrod, an excellent job to be sure, I think I have a set of 4 ceramic knobs, (white), in my shed. If so, and if you'd like to change the handles on the dresser, they're yours, I'll let you know :). This is the kinda stuff I like to do also...........and me being a man ha ha. Anyway, let me know lass.

Best regards

Bill

joshua3 21-05-2011 05:33 PM

what great patience you have well done it looks fab x you have given me the idea to strip and paint my kitchen table but im afraid the paint will just chip off easily with the kids playing etc. did you need to put any type of varnish etc on top of the paint?

Angelsfishingrod 25-05-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TillyL
I'm the person who gave you the dresser and I am delighted to see it as you said you would do. Well done to all your hard work and as you say hubby was shocked at first. Isn't it nice to say "I told you so". Men don't appreciate the hard work we do and the foresight of women. I had intended at one time doing this project but with a million other jobs - new house to build - I couldn't see that happening for years. Enjoy it, it is beautiful and has lots of charm. Tess

Hi Tess..
So glad you have found the dresser, I hope you are happy with the result, I was delighted to receive it and enjoyed doing it up.. I think it looks lovely now and its pride and place in my kitchen. So Thankyou again for the dresser I really appreciated it. and yes, I do say that to the hubby whenever he changes my ornaments around!! and puts his on it!!! that makes me mad... lol

Angelsfishingrod 25-05-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua3
what great patience you have well done it looks fab x you have given me the idea to strip and paint my kitchen table but im afraid the paint will just chip off easily with the kids playing etc. did you need to put any type of varnish etc on top of the paint?

Hi Joshua3.. Well, I didnt use any varnish.. dont like the finished product,, all I did was give it 2 undercoats, and then 2 /3 top coat of Satin finish paint, which does state that it will not chip. Spend plenty of time rubbing old varnish off, and you will get a better finish, and also rub gently between top coats to get a smoother finish.
Hope this helps give it a go. Goodluck. :)

Angelsfishingrod 25-05-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill_D
Hi Angelsfishingrod, an excellent job to be sure, I think I have a set of 4 ceramic knobs, (white), in my shed. If so, and if you'd like to change the handles on the dresser, they're yours, I'll let you know :). This is the kinda stuff I like to do also...........and me being a man ha ha. Anyway, let me know lass.

Best regards

Bill

Hi Bill, Thats very kind of you.. I would love them and can change it around.. good idea. Best Wishes Fi :)

elbo 25-05-2011 07:51 PM

I can't believe its the same dresser. Very well done to you. It looks fabulous.

lushington 30-05-2011 03:04 PM

I totally agree. What a fantastic job you have done!

hackytza 01-06-2011 08:44 AM

That's so beautiful! Well done!!!