JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   car boot sales (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6394)

The Mammy 25-06-2008 09:32 AM

Re sale of work

Hi alantinorossi
Do you know if the scouts hall has wheelchair access?
My own Mam is Disabled..But Loves to go to a sale of work...generally a hall suits her much better than a car boot sale, for comfort.
Thanks
The Mammy

alantinorossi 25-06-2008 10:13 AM

Hi, yes absolutely, the hall is on the ground floor, level entry with double-door access. I'd say it would be easiest for you to park on Griffith avenue and walk in from there, rather than the long walk up from Homefarm road. Enjoy!

Doodles 25-06-2008 09:22 PM

Car Boot Sale in Trim

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone knows when the car boot sale is on in Trim, Co. Meath. Have never done a car boot sale so know nothing about times etc. Was hoping to go to Trim. Anybody got any info!!

Thanks

Narizota 25-06-2008 10:45 PM

Trim Boot Sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month,and this month is no exception.

It is held in the Diocesan Hall on Loman St,which is near Supervalu between 10 am-12.

Lots of bargains to be had so get there early!!

noni 13-07-2008 05:06 PM

car boot sales

Hi, Does anyone know if the market and car boot advertised in Inchicore Dublin is any good and are there many stallholders and/or bargains?

tradinghippie 23-07-2008 11:19 PM

hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

smokeyeyes 23-07-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradinghippie
hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

hi, i've seen a stall in george's arcade (between grafton st and georges street) selling all kinds of old currancy. Hope this is of help to you.

tradinghippie 23-07-2008 11:56 PM

Hey thanks very for your reply. I was up there the other day. got a few things. a lot of them were very expensive tho more than they are listed in the Irish coin catalogue.

Narizota 24-07-2008 08:30 AM

Trim Boot Sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month,and this month is no exception.

It is held in the Diocesan Hall on Loman St,which is near Supervalu starts at 10 am

Lots of bargains to be had so get there early!!

cler 29-07-2008 01:14 PM

Charity Jumble Sale

Hi all

I'll be holding a charity jumble sale on Saturday 9th August in aid of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.

It'll take place in 122 The Maples, off Bird Avenue in Clonskeagh, Co. Dublin from 10am on saturday morning.

Would be very appreciative of any donations on the day from fellow Jumbletowners. We had also planned doing some facepainting and a couple of games etc so bring the kids along!

Hope that helps, jumble enthusiasts

Claire

durran 30-07-2008 03:57 PM

Hi cler
I will try to put together a few bits for your sale of work.
hope to see you there
deirdre

cler 31-07-2008 05:01 PM

thanks!

Thanks Deirdre, I can't believe how helpful Jumbletowners are!

Kind regards

Claire

pajo 06-08-2008 09:46 PM

re car boot in naas

hi boots, the car boot in naas racecourse is not advertised at all. just 4 everyones attention, the sale is on each sunday beginning at about 9am and going till about 3 or 4pm. it isnt very well supported by the locals ,probably because most of them dont even know its on ,or where it is located. it now costs 10 euro for a car and 15 euro for a small van. to get in to naas racecourse take the turn onto the blessington rd at tesco then take the first left onto tipper rd ,go straight up this road 4 about i minute and the racecourse is on the left. cheers, pajo !!!!!!

filo 09-08-2008 06:25 PM

Car Boot Sale - St David's Greystones

Hi all, I’m a car boot virgin and weather permitting I’m hoping to do one in St. David’s in Greystones Sunday week. I was just wondering what sort of lay out have they got - I.E how much room do you get between each car, do people put boxes around their table, Is it on grass or tarmac, are you allowed put a gazebo up. I would be very grateful for any replies.

Regards Filo

cler 09-08-2008 06:30 PM

Jumble sale in aid of the Rape CRisis Centre

Hi all

Due to a huge volume of jumble donated, the sale will continue tomorrow (Sunday 10th August) from 11am.

122 The Maples
off Bird Avenue
Clonskeagh
Dublin 14

Hope to see you there and many thanks to those who made it out today!

Claire