JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Papercrafts (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=63798)

Gormal 08-03-2012 05:02 PM

Gift teabags

1 Attachment(s)
I've recently found out that caffeine hates me but was left with teabags and rather than throw them out I decided to make paper envelopes for them, big enough to hold 2 teabags and gift them as a little extra in thankyou cards. Writing the tea type on the flap.

Sarahnimble 14-03-2012 03:35 PM

Paper Treats

1 Attachment(s)
This is an photo pf some fun me and my daughter had last weekend for a arts and craft day me and my friends held for our children.

We called it Billy the Penguin, hes form the artic. We all made different ainmals for Noahs ark game, it was a great way to teach the children and relgious events making the animals was so much fun! I collected some coupons from the sets from this website, was great as got a really good deal on the procducts!

What does everyone think?

Gormal 29-03-2012 10:13 AM

appliqué card

3 Attachment(s)
I'd read some time ago about appliqué on cards, so I thought I would give it a go. You need to iron on interfacing onto the material then cut the shapes, I sewed the wing onto the chick first then sewed it to the card, the eggs were to small so i just glued them on. This works best on tri-fold cards, I think for ordinary cards you should just stitch everything first then glue on to give the illusion that it is sewn on. Finally add the finishing touches by drawing on the extras, so that was the easter card finished.
Then I made a Bithday card, the dress topper was made from a template found on google images, the girl was a drawing I picked up a while ago, I just changed it a bit and painted it, for the writing I copied one of my fonts lightly in pencil then went over it in pen.

matilda 29-03-2012 01:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
here's a few christmas cards i made and also a few birthday cards, the virgo one i made for my daughter

TickTock 29-03-2012 06:15 PM

Great cards! I love, love, love, cards made by recycling/upcycling. Funny, I was just looking at some fabric-on-card cards yesterday and wanted to have a go. You've whetted my appetite now!

Gormal 21-02-2013 09:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more fabric styled cards, and a real man card for that biker in the family.

Gormal 02-02-2015 01:47 PM

Paint charts repurpose

1 Attachment(s)
Had a pile of paint charts and decided to do a sort of mosaic on card. Settled for a bird, since I wanted to start off slow and easy. But it can lead to a whole lot of complicated designs too.

Gormal 11-04-2015 07:34 AM

REcycled Cards

1 Attachment(s)
I've had a mini spate of card making, mostly making them for a charity to raise funds.
This is old cards to new ones, funnily enough nearly all were Christmas cards! I'll be keeping a couple of these for myself. Some of the toppers are from Crackers, I think I had planned to make tags from them a long, long time ago.

TickTock 24-04-2015 08:52 PM

Nice cards Gormal. I haven't been crafting for a long time. Must get back to recycling my Christmas cards again.

Gormal 25-07-2015 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTock
Nice cards Gormal. I haven't been crafting for a long time. Must get back to recycling my Christmas cards again.

I've had a splurge!! I've so many 'bits' saved in a box that have to be used up. And I've a rescue dog, so am out walking daily, which has led to the resurrection of my pressed flower cards.
My brother in law had an accident and have made this one from some of the bits, to put a smile on his face