JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   car number plates (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=88359)

garrazzaband 05-05-2010 02:00 PM

car number plates

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone recognise these?
If not, any ideas on what to do with them.

Mickey 05-05-2010 02:03 PM

Perhaps turn them in to the local Gardai? They may be important?

goodlookin 05-05-2010 02:04 PM

number plates

i would suggest dropping them into a garda station.

intransit 05-05-2010 05:42 PM

05 C reg is off a silver toyota avensis
Cant tell you anymore than that.

intransit 05-05-2010 05:58 PM

02ww reg is a red mazda 6.

bings 05-05-2010 07:34 PM

reg plates

Hi Just curious how intransit knows what cars they are from? Not that it's any of my business.

flids.utd 05-05-2010 07:42 PM

Obviously a member of An Garda Siochana, with access to the pulse system, or civil servant e.g. tax office v.r.t. possibly maybe, or a very bored train spotter!!

Pepperpixie 05-05-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flids.utd
Obviously a member of An Garda Siochana, with access to the pulse system, or civil servant e.g. tax office v.r.t. possibly maybe, or a very bored train spotter!!

OR used carcheck.ie

celticd 05-05-2010 09:42 PM

car registrations

Description: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TD 5DR LX, Hatchback
Colour: Silver

Description: Toyota Avensis Aura 4DR, Saloon
Colour: Silver

amber23 05-05-2010 09:47 PM

emm interesting

larrythelad 05-05-2010 11:01 PM

Number plates

Not rocket science,this limited info available to all on motorcheck.ie any garda station can trace the owners of these vehicles

amber23 05-05-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrythelad
Not rocket science,this limited info available to all on motorcheck.ie any garda station can trace the owners of these vehicles

interesting to both getting different cars for same reg...

Ceb 05-05-2010 11:26 PM

Registration 05C15627
Make TOYOTA
Model AVENSIS
Description AURA 4DR 1.6 SALOON AUR
Fuel Type PETROL

Registration 02WW4431
Make FORD
Model MONDEO
Description 2.0 TD 5DR LX
Fuel Type DIESEL

all this knowledge and more is allowed be public information

kaytina 05-05-2010 11:41 PM

nothing secret or sinister about it...you can type in any reg and itll show you the make ,model.engine cc,color and what fuel it uses ....can do it at carsireland.ie too

Ceb 06-05-2010 03:25 AM

and cartell.ie amongst others

angle face 06-05-2010 04:00 PM

Omg

You can find out some really good information here.. Skitting

intransit 06-05-2010 05:21 PM

Oops I got one wrong!!!!!!
Info on any car is available by typing the reg into motorcheck.ie

bings 06-05-2010 09:32 PM

reg plate

You learn something new every day.

cois3434 08-02-2011 01:13 PM

are plates still available

hi, i am a number plate collector from clare, are the plates you have still available, thanks,

Ceb 08-02-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cois3434
hi, i am a number plate collector from clare, are the plates you have still available, thanks,

really? sounds a bit sinister to me, i can understand some of the vintage plates but why would anyone collect modern irish plates from cars that are more than likely still on the road, also i think this is illegal. In fact i'm almost certain it is illegal to be in possession of number plates from cars that are not yours and more importantly ones that are still on the road

garrazzaband 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

There in my attick now. The other poster 'Ceb' thinks it might be illegal or someone might want them for spurious reasons.....mnnnnnn

Post a couple of pics of your collection and we'll see!

Ceb 08-02-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrazzaband
There in my attick now. The other poster 'Ceb' thinks it might be illegal or someone might want them for spurious reasons.....mnnnnnn

Post a couple of pics of your collection and we'll see!

if i were you id throw them in the fire and be done with them to be honest, the law can be quite strict on this sort of thing

garrazzaband 08-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceb
if i were you id throw them in the fire and be done with them to be honest, the law can be quite strict on this sort of thing

Jesus Ceb, your frightening the life out o' me!!

cois3434 08-02-2011 03:00 PM

? just made a simple enquiry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceb
really? sounds a bit sinister to me, i can understand some of the vintage plates but why would anyone collect modern irish plates from cars that are more than likely still on the road, also i think this is illegal. In fact i'm almost certain it is illegal to be in possession of number plates from cars that are not yours and more importantly ones that are still on the road

nothing sinister or illegal (ha ha, another busy body who thinks they know it all!!),

i collect mainly european and US plates, i trade with collectors from the US and France, we trade and swop plates between each other (obviously they want the Irish plates and i want theirs and we do straight swops). Obviously the new plates are not worth as much to overseas collectors but they are worth something.

If someone did want to be sinister they can copy a plate from any vehicle they see and go into a motor factors and get them printed!!

I can send on pics of all the foreign plates i have but didnt really think it would be this much hassle really. Was just browsing the jumbletown site as i only joined today.

cois3434 08-02-2011 03:06 PM

burning plastics in a fire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceb

would you not be better off bringing them to a recycling plant? Burning plastics!!! the council can be 'quite strict on this sort of thing'

Ceb 08-02-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

would you not be better off bringing them to a recycling plant? Burning plastics!!! the council can be 'quite strict on this sort of thing'

sorry bout that but youd be best off either snapping them or burning them and being done with

garrazzaband 08-02-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceb
sorry bout that but youd be best off either snapping them or burning them and being done with

I'm getting a little concerned about you Ceb, you seem to be very, very anxious that I get rid of them. ...You sure you didn't drive a car that one of those plates belonged to ...lol.

Ceb 08-02-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

I'm getting a little concerned about you Ceb, you seem to be very, very anxious that I get rid of them. ...You sure you didn't drive a car that one of those plates belonged to ...lol.

luckily i did not however a few months back i recieved some bills from the m50 toll bridge for a car i had scrapped over 3 years ago, luckily enough the gardai had a record of my car being scrapped back then so all was fine, i just believe that if a reg comes off a car its best that its destroyed

garrazzaband 08-02-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceb
luckily i did not however a few months back i recieved some bills from the m50 toll bridge for a car i had scrapped over 3 years ago, luckily enough the gardai had a record of my car being scrapped back then so all was fine, i just believe that if a reg comes off a car its best that its destroyed

Ahh, I see. Can see what your thinking there, a good point allright. Don't mind my little bit of humour there.

Incidently I never mentioned it before but I used to walk past those plates which were lying on the side of a country road in full view of traffic. Although not a lot of traffic they were there for at least a couple of months. I got sick of looking at them littering the countryside so brought them home after one of my walks. I was hoping to use them for something else like an ornament or whatever but never came up with any ideas.

Cois, maybe I swap them for something, what do you have that might interest me!!!!...I could use a 70's amplifier, like a Pioneer if you them !!!smile.

Chris P 08-02-2011 09:27 PM

from Admin

Quote:

...Cois, maybe I swap them for something, what do you have that might interest me!!!!...I could use a 70's amplifier, like a Pioneer if you them !!!smile.

Hi garrazzaband,

It's great to see that you might have a Taker for your "controversial" items (I'm not sure they should be on JumbleTown myself...). However, you'll have to pass them on for free as swapping is prohibited on JumbleTown. Please see "Fundamentals" in the User Tips post near the top of all the Giver's forums...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6326

Thanks for using JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

garrazzaband 16-02-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi garrazzaband,

It's great to see that you might have a Taker for your "controversial" items (I'm not sure they should be on JumbleTown myself...). However, you'll have to pass them on for free as swapping is prohibited on JumbleTown. Please see "Fundamentals" in the User Tips post near the top of all the Giver's forums...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6326

Thanks for using JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Oops sorry administrater. I clear forgot what site I was on. Will try and not do it again.

Cois, if you want to pm me with some details I will try and get them to you when I eventually go up into my attick again...God knows when that wil be though.