JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   my new chair and a chest of drawers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=88416)

magda_ola 05-05-2010 08:59 PM

my new chair and a chest of drawers

4 Attachment(s)
I love my new chair and a chest of drawers. I hope some of you will like it as well.

chucken1 05-05-2010 09:19 PM

The chair is so bright and sunny. Well done. I LOVE the chest of drawers!! How did you do that? Is it wallpaper?

junkista 05-05-2010 10:07 PM

i think you've done a fantastic job!!!the drawers look great and the chair is so vibrant!!

tudlytops 05-05-2010 10:19 PM

I LOVE the chest of drawers, flowers not quite me, but you've done a wonderful job on both of them.

Wanna do a few of mine lol.

unapam 05-05-2010 10:49 PM

New Chair

I recognise that fabric!!!! I think I gave that to you. It looks really wonderful on the chair. Great transormation on both the pieces. Well done!

Gormal 05-05-2010 11:59 PM

Great job, well done. Am also curious as to how the drawers are done?

Belarus 06-05-2010 07:23 AM

Oh my God they are absolutely fantastic. That chair is so bright and cheerful it would cheer anybody up on a dull wet Irish morning. Well done and thanks for sharing. Regards

sparkwell 06-05-2010 08:04 AM

Wonderful job magda ola that chair is a real feature now and you did a complete Cinderella job on the chest of drawers. You'll have to tell us how you did it!

Mandolin 06-05-2010 08:21 AM

chair and drawers

Fantastic! There are some real geniuses here, love it!

Bunty 06-05-2010 11:08 AM

These are beautiful, such a great job. Is it contact on the drawers?? Wonderful. B.

Linn 06-05-2010 12:45 PM

OH WOW, the are both fab and well done.

magda_ola 06-05-2010 02:26 PM

Hello to everybody,
first of all thanks for so nice words. I'm happy that you like them.
And about the drawers: that's veneer, well kind of veneer. It comes in a roll and it's something like a foil. On one side is a design and the other side is self adhesive. It just have to be cutted to size.

And unapam thanks for the material again. It took a while to do something with it, but I was waiting for the right chair.

magda_ola 06-05-2010 02:30 PM

Anne (Gormal) I have a project for the fabric I've got from you. I will do a roman blind for a small box bedroom. It will actually take a while. I just need to find a place to get a mechanism for roman blinds.
Will somebody actually know where can I get that?

Gormal 06-05-2010 06:50 PM

I don't know about the kits, but you can make one with lengths of doweling, brass/plastic rings, cord and a weight for the bottom. An old friend of mine made some years ago from scratch, I'm trying to remember if she weighed the bottom down or just used the doweling.
If you google DIY roman blind or roman blind tutorial you will find a few.

wickwocks 07-05-2010 08:11 PM

new chair and drawers

what a fab transformation on both chair and drawers i have a set of drawers the same and that is fab way of changing them,

my other half is blinds fitter so will check with him if he has any bits that might be able to help you with roman blins and pm you

wickwocks