JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Upcycled Dog Pet Bed (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=152631)

rosieog91 16-08-2016 10:12 AM

Upcycled Dog Pet Bed

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all - I came across this fantastic resource recently and wanted to share my first upcycling ever project with you.

I must say I have zero experience here - but upcycling pallets is something I so desperately wanted to try. So when my mother said she needed to buy our dog a new bed, I figured - here's my opportunity. So one palette, two spare pieces of wood, some nails and screws and a furry mat later - here is the end result! I know it's far from perfect. But for a first attempt, I'm happy with how this panned out.

Any advice, tips, criticisms and questions are very much welcome! Thanks guys!

Chris P 17-08-2016 07:01 AM

from Admin

Congratulations on your first upcycling project, rosie0g91! Nicely done.
That's one regal-looking pooch.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Cathie23 19-08-2016 01:21 PM

Well done!! Looks great and the doggie looks very comfy in it.

Mensa6 01-01-2017 01:43 PM

upcycled dog bed

Looks super comfy! Well done!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 09-01-2017 10:31 PM

Dog Bed

Well done on your first recycling/upcycling project.Be warned, it is addictive.

ben1985 26-01-2017 08:00 PM

a happy looking dog! Well done.

Bibi 11-02-2017 01:20 AM

Up cycled pet bed...

Well done......your dog looks very content in his/her new bed & it's lovely....however, since you are welcoming ideas, I thought I'd throw this into the mix....could you use some cushion foam, or several layers of old fabric to line the "bed" sides & then cover this with a strong fabric? Bibi.

joanmul 13-02-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibi
Well done......your dog looks very content in his/her new bed & it's lovely....however, since you are welcoming ideas, I thought I'd throw this into the mix....could you use some cushion foam, or several layers of old fabric to line the "bed" sides & then cover this with a strong fabric? Bibi.

Would it not be difficult to keep clean? Unless you got some wipe clean vinyl.

mgbnut 04-05-2017 01:26 PM

upcycled dog bed

Look great have bought about 10 beds in past for our mutt never thought of this any bigger you could use it yourself

rosieog91 09-05-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibi

Certainly, a great idea bibi as one thing is for sure - the blanket is not enough in itself. I must try and source something from somewhere. And yes, the easier it is to clean - the better! Thanks for the suggestion :)

rosieog91 09-05-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgbnut
Look great have bought about 10 beds in past for our mutt never thought of this any bigger you could use it yourself

Thanks mgbnut! I always found the pet shop beds to be the wrong size or of low quality. He loves this! As suggested by the others, I must try and source something to line it with to make it that bit more comfortable for him.

You never know - upcycled beds for people could be somebody's next venture here on Jumbletown! :)

rosieog91 09-05-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joanmul
Would it not be difficult to keep clean? Unless you got some wipe clean vinyl.

I always find the smells and cleanliness of dog beds one of the most difficult challenges! Vinyl is a great suggestion!

katga 30-05-2017 09:53 PM

Upcycled dogbed

Well done Rosie. The dog bed looks great. Must do one for my big fella!
Thanks,
Katga