JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Home Improvements (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   **result for Fries!***easy way to remove tiles?**pic to follow** (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=61995)

minnie pal 19-07-2009 09:31 PM

**result for Fries!***easy way to remove tiles?**pic to follow**

IS there an easy way to remove small tiles away from solid plaster or adhesive without damaging them.
Or is it a hack and chip job??
xminnie pal

Fries-With-That 20-07-2009 10:04 AM

Removing tiles

Hi Minnie,

If you're reffering to the pictures you posted yesterday of blue tiles stuck to white ones............ Just soak this in a bathtub for a few days the glue should soften and make it easy to remove the tiles.

The vast majority of waterproof tile cements are not in fact waterproof, they are not designed to be left under water permanently, the grout on the other hand usually is waterproof so once the tiles are removed you can scrape the grout from the edges.

Regards,

Fries.

minnie pal 20-07-2009 10:37 AM

thanks Fries

Thats great! i will give it a go for sure.
xminnie pal

minnie pal 20-07-2009 07:15 PM

you're right!

hi, have taken off about 15 tiles, you have to go slowly and its quite hard but it works, some come off a dream others abit harder to work em out, i have cracked a few and am furious.
xminnie pal.
Delighted i can save them!
thanks

Fries-With-That 20-07-2009 08:18 PM

Stop

You won't break any if you let it soak for a few days.

8~{)

minnie pal 20-07-2009 09:07 PM

wont lose any more!

I AM going to soak for a few days, the ones i had taken off i brushed down, so to speak and placed them where i want them to see how many i would need, they will go up the side of the fire too, so it'll be a close call, a few old ones hidden would be grand!
I have asked ADMIN to post two images, now everything is in disarray after moving so do go by the pics but see the tiles glow!!!
They will look fab when i am finished with em.
thanks
xxminnie pal

Bunty 20-07-2009 09:26 PM

I know how it is! In a hurry to see how they will look Hard to wail. It looks as though this will turn-out lovely. Best of Luck & keep us posted. B.

minnie pal 22-07-2009 08:33 PM

hi am thrilled!

all tiles off and not a single broken!!!!
Thanks Fries for the tip, guess you must have been 'through' this yourself.
I have a basin full now. I have ideas if i have any left over too.
thanks again
xminnie pal

Bunty 22-07-2009 08:35 PM

Well done! B.

Fries-With-That 22-07-2009 09:14 PM

well done

Well Done Minnie, its great that you rescued these tiles, glad to be of assistance.( and even better that I didn't have to do any of the hard work)

Fries.

minnie pal 23-07-2009 07:56 PM

Pic to follow i hope

Hello Fries, here will be 'da bucket' of tiles, any you see that may be broken were already so, I didnt break one, honest, cross my heart and hope to die!
Fries with that, if you are around this area at all for giving me the tip.
xminnie pal