JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbishing an Old Cottage - last update Dec 2012 (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=78228)

tudlytops 09-11-2010 02:32 PM

Thank you all.

In time will have pictures of all jobs completed, at the moment we work around the weather and health, so we kinda jump from one job to the next. :P

Chris P 09-11-2010 03:12 PM

from Admin

Impressive work, Tudlytops. Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

tudlytops 09-11-2010 09:19 PM

Thanks Chris, it's only been possible with the help of so many members of JT and loads of hard work :P

MuddyWitch 10-11-2010 10:09 PM

Such gorgeous work! I particularly love the dinky firplace.

As Unapam said, please show us your stained glass doors. Would you consider commisions?

MW

tudlytops 13-11-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuddyWitch
Such gorgeous work! I particularly love the dinky firplace.

As Unapam said, please show us your stained glass doors. Would you consider commisions?

MW

LOL, we still learning, will see how they come out :), but that would be enjoyable work for sure.

tudlytops 20-11-2010 12:25 AM

Glass for the Bathroom door

3 Attachment(s)
Like i said each door will have something different, and each design has some meaning to us.

Justyina 20-11-2010 01:14 AM

This is beautiful :)

tudlytops 20-11-2010 01:15 AM

Thank you, this was our 1st one :)

MuddyWitch 21-11-2010 04:13 PM

Stunning!!!

I'll definatly be in touch once we finally make it over the Irish Sea!

MW

tudlytops 21-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuddyWitch
Stunning!!!

I'll definatly be in touch once we finally make it over the Irish Sea!

MW

Do, you more then welcome to come over for a cuppa :P

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 22-11-2010 08:19 PM

stained glass

Hi Tuddlytops, these glass panels are truly stunning. I love how you have used celtic designs but made them your own with the dolphins and sea-horses. There is definitely a future career here!! Well done, Eibhlin.

tudlytops 22-11-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Hi Tuddlytops, these glass panels are truly stunning. I love how you have used celtic designs but made them your own with the dolphins and sea-horses. There is definitely a future career here!! Well done, Eibhlin.

LOL, we love celtic designs, but we wanted to add something that had meaning to us, can be something from our childhood, or to remind us of someone, it doesn't matter.

For instances the one we doing for the living room, has a drawing i used to draw all the time, of a little cottage, done that for years, it was my dream, so we are adding that drawing to the glass, as my dream come true. :P

junkista 23-11-2010 12:01 AM

amazing work!! you are both working so hard...
well done

tudlytops 23-11-2010 01:21 AM

Thank you :P, not bad for first attempt.

SLCB 30-11-2010 08:58 PM

Cottage

Well done on all the work you have carried out so far, it looks great and it must be lovely to stamp your own print on the house. I don't know if this offer will be of any use to you but I travel between Limerick and Kildare on a regular basis and if there is anything you need collected in that area let me know, I'm not too far from you (you met my husband while collecting tiles) so just give me a shout if I can be any help.

tudlytops 30-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLCB
Well done on all the work you have carried out so far, it looks great and it must be lovely to stamp your own print on the house. I don't know if this offer will be of any use to you but I travel between Limerick and Kildare on a regular basis and if there is anything you need collected in that area let me know, I'm not too far from you (you met my husband while collecting tiles) so just give me a shout if I can be any help.

How are you keeping?

Its been hard work and for the last 3 days we've been trying to make up insulation for the pipes as it is really cold up here.

Thank you so much for the offer, will keep it in mind :P

Gormal 02-12-2010 01:47 PM

They are just devine.

cloughcorr 02-12-2010 02:28 PM

stainglass

What brilliant work!! Where did you get your lead/paint liner to do the out line of your designs? I have been looking everywhere for it....keep up the great work and posting the updated pics!

tudlytops 03-12-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloughcorr
What brilliant work!! Where did you get your lead/paint liner to do the out line of your designs? I have been looking everywhere for it....keep up the great work and posting the updated pics!

In limerick,in a arts and crafts shops, don't know the name, its a big corner shop, with a huge ruler on the outside wall, near an hotel i think.

We got 2 small tubes of it, they last forever, so far used about half of one.

Can remember how much it was, but it wasn't that expensive, if you want can check the price and post you one.

cloughcorr 07-12-2010 01:18 PM

Thanks Tudlytops what is the name of it and I will ask the art and hobby shop in greystones if they can order it for me or know of where I can get it in Co Wicklow....failing that I will come back to you if no joy.

tudlytops 08-12-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Thanks Tudlytops what is the name of it and I will ask the art and hobby shop in greystones if they can order it for me or know of where I can get it in Co Wicklow....failing that I will come back to you if no joy.

The one we got, comes in a small tube 25 mL and its by Cern'couleurs /vitrail, we used silver, but they have other colours.

2nd from the left http://www.golandart.ru/Images/mk/m34_cont.jpg

Let me know, its no problem at all :P

cloughcorr 08-12-2010 01:33 PM

Thanks Tudlytops - will take this info down to the shop and see how we get on - will keep you up dated:-)

tudlytops 08-02-2011 09:22 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Finally another door done....just needs some tidying up and its all done :P

Like before each door will have something personal to us on the glass.

Sorry the pictures are not the best, but then its DIY I love...:P

Bunty 09-02-2011 12:43 AM

Really breath-taking.

tudlytops 09-02-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunty
Really breath-taking.

Thank you:)

Chris P 09-02-2011 01:58 AM

from Admin

Once again, fabulous work, TudlyTops.
Inspired and inspiring.
Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

magda_ola 09-02-2011 02:55 PM

Wow, they're amazing!!
Great job.

Connemarabound 09-02-2011 06:24 PM

Wow, haven't checked in for a while but GREAT JOB TudlyTops. Keep it up, you are inspiring to me :)

tudlytops 09-02-2011 10:26 PM

Thank you all :P

cloughcorr 10-02-2011 02:36 PM

Wow Tudlytop - another stunning creation. I found the paint liner you use at the local art shop and have the black and sliver. Have been playing around and practicing the glass painting and even managed to do some reverse glass painting for a picture for a friends Christmas present - must try get a photo to put up and show you - and now I want to do the stained glass. Not so sure it will be as good as yours but it will be fun doing and it will be mine :-)

tudlytops 10-02-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Wow Tudlytop - another stunning creation. I found the paint liner you use at the local art shop and have the black and sliver. Have been playing around and practicing the glass painting and even managed to do some reverse glass painting for a picture for a friends Christmas present - must try get a photo to put up and show you - and now I want to do the stained glass. Not so sure it will be as good as yours but it will be fun doing and it will be mine :-)

i would love to do a course in stained glass, we have really enjoyed it, its full of imperfections, but like you say, its ours and it means something to us.

The one in the pictures has a child like drawing of a cottage that i used to scribble all the time and funny enough stopped when we bought this house, because having a small cottage was always my dream we felt it was important to put it somewhere and that's where the idea of the stain glass come from.:P

denkarma 15-02-2011 11:57 PM

have to start working on the other doors soon

tudlytops 02-03-2011 10:20 PM

Old fireplace

6 Attachment(s)
The fire place was covered up, we opened it up again and fitted the cooker in it.

We found an old egg timer, nothing especial, but it turned out its been here for many years, so we've placed it in between the tiles.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 03-03-2011 08:34 AM

fireplace

Hi Tuddlytops, I love the fireplace and the mosaic work--your ideas are all so original and artistic. It is so interesting when everything in the house has a story or history attached to it. Loved your stained glass doors too-beautiful. Eibhlin.

tudlytops 03-03-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Hi Tuddlytops, I love the fireplace and the mosaic work--your ideas are all so original and artistic. It is so interesting when everything in the house has a story or history attached to it. Loved your stained glass doors too-beautiful. Eibhlin.

Thank you, yes we are trying to really make it a home, where everything means something.

Going too work on the worktops next :)

unapam 07-03-2011 08:09 PM

house

I just love the little house mosiac! Says it all....

sign 01-05-2011 04:37 AM

Interesting thread. Good work tudlytops :)

tudlytops 01-05-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sign
Interesting thread. Good work tudlytops :)

Thank you...:)

tudlytops 01-11-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unapam
I just love the little house mosiac! Says it all....

Thank you...yes I suppose it does..:P

tudlytops 04-07-2012 10:07 PM

making a gate

6 Attachment(s)
We've been so busy with boring stuff, roots growing the drains, insulation, etc, hardly stuff for a before and after.:)

But we have a small before and after.

take a old gate, old fencing panels and make a new gate :)