JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   where did YOU hear of this site? (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4875)

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:04 PM

we got the information off a guy we tortured for 3 days.

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:05 PM

i joke

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:06 PM

he actually told us about the website after 4 days

Bunty 15-11-2006 06:47 PM

where you heard about site

Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Jemima 15-11-2006 08:43 PM

Where did you hear...

Hi
I heard about this site on the RTE News (yes believe it or not) just after it was launched. A woman was showing how she fitted out her brand new apartment, all the stuff coming from Jumbletown. She said she had to do a lot of "to"ing and "fro"ing but it was all worth it. And boy did the place look spectacular. I went into the site immedately and yes I saw her livingroom table on it - "Taken" obviously. So it was true!
Since then everyone I speak to for more than 20mins gets to hear about the site. As most people are either looking to buy something or looking to get rid of something and Im usually the person they ask.

Rufus Fornow 26-11-2006 03:36 AM

How I heard about the site

I told a friend about freecycle (before I got fed up with it) and she returned the favour by telling me about Jumbletown.

sweetpea 27-11-2006 12:01 PM

My 21 year old son told me about it. He's a browser as he's not got much to give, and he's living with me so doesn't need much either. That may all change when he moves out in the new year! Like others I've seen post here, I grew up with nowt, and have never felt any shame about using what others no longer need, or passing on to others what I no longer need. If it doesn't go straight to family or friends it'll come here.

Sarsfield 02-12-2006 09:55 PM

I followed a link in a thread on the 'Green Issues' board of www.boards.ie

Faroutthere 07-12-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunty
Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Im a serial thread killer or filler !!depending on your perception of humour.
Your not Bunty from Roscommon are u? Just curious as I knows a bunty

Konerbation 21-12-2006 04:18 PM

all roads lead to..

I typed 'recycling in offaly' or 'offaly county council' or something into google and an ad for jumbletown came up?!

yummy 22-12-2006 03:04 PM

I heard about this site from my brother in law!! he never stops talking about it and how great everyone on here is.

mel 23-12-2006 03:44 AM

I'm the same as GRA above and found a link to it on the Freecycle group site.

Banshee 08-01-2007 12:55 AM

Where i heard about this site.....

Hi all,
I heard about this site on board a Boat coming from the Arann Islands t'was a very cold wet and windy day, with 2 old ladies chatting like escaped turkey's from XMass 2006. infact i just about heard everything and anything to what's going on in County Clare. It was like something from father Ted with a touch of Benny Hill in a mental Clare way.

Regards

Banshee....x

Ps,
i'll never say what they said brrr
T'was creepy stuff.......

skip 08-01-2007 10:39 AM

hi banshee

well u cud write a story with that way of finding out haha i can just imagine wonder what the old ladies nicknames are hmmm ;)

Banshee 08-01-2007 02:24 PM

I'll never say Clare is a small place, t'iss good to be a Banshee brrr...