JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   where did YOU hear of this site? (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4875)

skip 07-11-2006 09:16 PM

where did YOU hear of this site?

i heard from it in a womans / parents site www.rollercoaster.ie just curious ;) have told others about it and they think its great

Aceshigh 07-11-2006 10:20 PM

Who Told Me

It Was My Buisness Partner That Told Me About This Website He Said That His Kids Were Told About It In School And Its The Best Thing That Has Been Told To Me I Have Told Loads Of People And I Have Actually Been Told That When We Go Out To The Pub Not To Bore Everyone About This Fabulous Site
..thanx
....wayne

Patience 07-11-2006 10:49 PM

I heard about it from my mother.

steptoe & son 08-11-2006 12:20 PM

Hi , I Heard about it on 2FM the gerry ryan show a good few months ago , I wonder if the man himself ( G Ryan ) ever logs on , & if so what would his user
name be ??

Bunty 08-11-2006 12:27 PM

Re. site

Hi all,
My son made me aware of this great site. It appears many of his colleagues log on to it. I've had great fun & luck with it, long may it continue.
Bunty.

JamesK 09-11-2006 04:08 PM

Radio

I heard an Interview with the guy who set up Jumbletown on the radio.

doyler06 09-11-2006 04:30 PM

I heard about this site from a friend. Have told all my friends and family about it as i think its a super site.

durran 09-11-2006 06:04 PM

one of those free newspapers

cici 11-11-2006 09:49 PM

who told you?

my mum..she heard about it at work in ireland west airport knock!

Fries-With-That 11-11-2006 11:26 PM

Hear Hear

I found this site whilst doing a google search for something completely different altogether.
I'm lucky enough to be able to log on anytime I like and I have to admit this site is addictive.
I love going to car boot sales, auctions and markets, they, like this site always have a surprise in store. In my opinion 90% of the interest in sites like this is seeing what exactly people are looking for and what indeed people are giving away.

Regards,

Fries.

Gra 12-11-2006 09:55 AM

where did I hear.....

I found a link to this website on the yahoo Groups freecycle group. It is much the same as this but I personally prefer this forum (bulletin board) style rather than the yahoo groups as you don't have to go searching for your message or to see if the item you want has been taken yet (ie new message!). There also seems to be a faster/better take up on offers here than on freecycle which is great for me. For those that don't use or are not aware of it the freecyle it can be found here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LeinsterFreecycle/

G

blackbeauty 12-11-2006 12:40 PM

I heard about Jumbletown from a colleague in the office and i have told practically all my friends about the site! Too good to keep to oneself!

eurogolf 12-11-2006 01:59 PM

a close friend told me about the site, every now and again, cant help but have a look!!

paloula 12-11-2006 09:33 PM

I heard about it in work - somebody wanted to give away something, and this site was suggested on our work bulletin board - to over 2000 people....
well done,
p

plato 15-11-2006 03:10 PM

on the radio

An interview with himself, the name escapes me now.

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:04 PM

we got the information off a guy we tortured for 3 days.

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:05 PM

i joke

Faroutthere 15-11-2006 05:06 PM

he actually told us about the website after 4 days

Bunty 15-11-2006 06:47 PM

where you heard about site

Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Jemima 15-11-2006 08:43 PM

Where did you hear...

Hi
I heard about this site on the RTE News (yes believe it or not) just after it was launched. A woman was showing how she fitted out her brand new apartment, all the stuff coming from Jumbletown. She said she had to do a lot of "to"ing and "fro"ing but it was all worth it. And boy did the place look spectacular. I went into the site immedately and yes I saw her livingroom table on it - "Taken" obviously. So it was true!
Since then everyone I speak to for more than 20mins gets to hear about the site. As most people are either looking to buy something or looking to get rid of something and Im usually the person they ask.

Rufus Fornow 26-11-2006 03:36 AM

How I heard about the site

I told a friend about freecycle (before I got fed up with it) and she returned the favour by telling me about Jumbletown.

sweetpea 27-11-2006 12:01 PM

My 21 year old son told me about it. He's a browser as he's not got much to give, and he's living with me so doesn't need much either. That may all change when he moves out in the new year! Like others I've seen post here, I grew up with nowt, and have never felt any shame about using what others no longer need, or passing on to others what I no longer need. If it doesn't go straight to family or friends it'll come here.

Sarsfield 02-12-2006 09:55 PM

I followed a link in a thread on the 'Green Issues' board of www.boards.ie

Faroutthere 07-12-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunty
Perhaps he wanted to put you up for grabs on the site! and maybe got no takers, as you do sound a bit 'far out' or maybe 'just a space filler'

Im a serial thread killer or filler !!depending on your perception of humour.
Your not Bunty from Roscommon are u? Just curious as I knows a bunty

Konerbation 21-12-2006 04:18 PM

all roads lead to..

I typed 'recycling in offaly' or 'offaly county council' or something into google and an ad for jumbletown came up?!

yummy 22-12-2006 03:04 PM

I heard about this site from my brother in law!! he never stops talking about it and how great everyone on here is.

mel 23-12-2006 03:44 AM

I'm the same as GRA above and found a link to it on the Freecycle group site.

Banshee 08-01-2007 12:55 AM

Where i heard about this site.....

Hi all,
I heard about this site on board a Boat coming from the Arann Islands t'was a very cold wet and windy day, with 2 old ladies chatting like escaped turkey's from XMass 2006. infact i just about heard everything and anything to what's going on in County Clare. It was like something from father Ted with a touch of Benny Hill in a mental Clare way.

Regards

Banshee....x

Ps,
i'll never say what they said brrr
T'was creepy stuff.......

skip 08-01-2007 10:39 AM

hi banshee

well u cud write a story with that way of finding out haha i can just imagine wonder what the old ladies nicknames are hmmm ;)

Banshee 08-01-2007 02:24 PM

I'll never say Clare is a small place, t'iss good to be a Banshee brrr...

Clanagael 08-01-2007 04:48 PM

well.

..one of my mates has furnished most of her apartment from this site. some nice stuff if I must say

erikaedithp 07-02-2007 09:54 AM

Hi

I was searching in internet and a found it in Gumtree website, now I put all the time ads in diferentes website to let more people know about this great web!!!!
Cheers
Erika

Debracd 25-02-2007 06:57 PM

Somebody posted about it on www.irishwomenonline.com last year and I was so impressed I added a link to it in my signature for quite a while :)

corker 18-04-2007 08:59 PM

I came across it in some local authority piece on recycling. Can't remember which la site on the web. But I do think it is great.
Well done but it does need to get bigger in Cork

Higgeldy 30-04-2007 08:52 AM

I heard about it on pigsback.com, and have gotten now that Im checking the "wanted" posts to see if there is anything I can help with! And yes, Im an absolute bore, I tell EVERYONE of it!!!!

bizzybody 07-05-2007 01:12 AM

...i heard about it on the gerry ryan show twice! Am totally addicted to it, giving and taking on a regular basis. Just curious....when is the first birthday of the site (or did i miss it already?)

Dave Hagan 07-05-2007 01:29 AM

Hi bizzybody,

You've just missed our birthday - we officially launched on the 22-04-06.

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin

acket 08-05-2007 10:57 PM

late birthday

Happy late birthday, I'll put a post in Wanted for some "Sorry its late" cards.

See you are getting close to the 10000th member, any plans or hush hush.

I was looking forward to decluttering a load of baby stuff at the mo but just been informed my wifes cousin is 6months gone and looking for stuff, meaning Ive got to trip over it for another 3 months.
Any chance of jt offering storage facilities ;-)

Oh yes keeping on thread I think I heard about jt on Gerry Ryan.

clutterbugk 15-06-2007 01:36 PM

Article in longford leader last week. hope lots of other people in the area join up too.

deroiste 18-06-2007 11:05 AM

Local paper

Seen the ad in Kilkenny People last week.