JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Query: First item ever offered on JumbleTown? (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=61123)

arancrois 10-07-2009 01:26 PM

Query: First item ever offered on JumbleTown?

Just sitting here going through all the post and was wondering what was offered on the very first thread that a JT'er put up and how many have been put up since Jumbletown has started. As you can tell I am very busy in work at the moment............

kate44 10-07-2009 02:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing the other day and also who was the first ever member besides the staff ?

Chris P 10-07-2009 03:06 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by arancrois
Just sitting here going through all the post and was wondering what was offered on the very first thread that a JT'er put up and how many have been put up since Jumbletown has started. As you can tell I am very busy in work at the moment............

Hi arancrois & Kate44,

Not counting a few "test-members" -- co-workers, family and friends -- who made test-posts and pretended to be interested in each other's items, the first "real" Member to join (we were still in testing-mode though "live" on the Net) in March 2006 was... annetoner. She posted a coal-bunker, which wasn't taken for a few weeks. If memory serves me right, the first item to be passed on was a very nice couch in Limerick. I'm not sure who the Member was as the ad was later deleted (we didn't have an Admin Archive for the first few weeks of the site's operation). The current Archive indicates that almost 40,000 ads/threads have been posted, some of which may have had multiple items on them.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity!

Thanks for supporting JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

keno 10-07-2009 03:37 PM

wow.

kate44 10-07-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi arancrois & Kate44,

Not counting a few "test-members" -- co-workers, family and friends -- who made test-posts and pretended to be interested in each other's items, the first "real" Member to join (we were still in testing-mode though "live" on the Net) in March 2006 was... annetoner. She posted a coal-bunker, which wasn't taken for a few weeks. If memory serves me right, the first item to be passed on was a very nice couch in Limerick. I'm not sure who the Member was as the ad was later deleted (we didn't have an Admin Archive for the first few weeks of the site's operation). The current Archive indicates that almost 40,000 ads/threads have been posted, some of which may have had multiple items on them.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity!

Thanks for supporting JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Cool I thought it might have been Linn.

kilk 10-07-2009 10:05 PM

on the subject of curiosity i often wondered what user names Chris P. and Dave use when something they like is offered on jt. i mean come on guys you can't say you are not interested in the giving / taking just like the rest of us!

bluecurlygirl 10-07-2009 11:15 PM

I'd say the guys don't get involved - they're probably not allowed to by the rules or something. It must be a killer if you did see something you really wanted on it though. I'd be useless - be breaking rules all over the place!!

Chris P 11-07-2009 10:09 AM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilk
on the subject of curiosity i often wondered what user names Chris P. and Dave use when something they like is offered on jt. i mean come on guys you can't say you are not interested in the giving / taking just like the rest of us!

Hi kilk,

In short, Admin Gives but does not Take. Our User Names? Now, that would be telling... :)

Regards
Chris P
Admin

kate44 11-07-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Hi kilk,

In short, Admin Gives but does not Take. Our User Names? Now, that would be telling... :)

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Ah come on tell us please. :)

Linn 11-07-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Hi kilk,

Regards
Chris P
Admin

So does that mean you can give away items. MMMMMMMM you have me thinking now. wonder have any of us ever met the mysterious Chris P & Dave Hagan and not known it was them.

summersun 11-07-2009 08:58 PM

What we need is a picture icon of us next to our users name ... then we wouldnt have to guess ...eh King of Comedy Kilk... with the long blonde hair and the motor bike... or bikerchick ... long strawberry blonde hair and tatoos... etc etc... or little old summersun soon to join the band wagon and change her name to rainy... 5ft 4 ...brown hair and eyes... in need of sunshine... so Chris ... come on how about pics????

That was a great question Arancrois... you are someone after my own heart...

Summersun

Chris P 11-07-2009 09:22 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by summersun
What we need is a picture icon of us next to our users name ... so Chris ... come on how about pics?

Hi summersun,

I believe the code for avatars (picture icons, as you say) was stripped out by the puritanical developers of JumbleTown.

We have no plans to introduce/allow avatars, signatures, smilies etc. on the public forum. Sorry about that!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

summersun 11-07-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Hi summersun,

I believe the code for avatars (picture icons, as you say) was stripped out by the puritanical developers of JumbleTown.

We have no plans to introduce/allow avatars, signatures, smilies etc. on the public forum. Sorry about that!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

One day Chris you will say yes to summersun... one day :-)

biker chick 30-08-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summersun
What we need is a picture icon of us next to our users name ... then we wouldnt have to guess ...eh King of Comedy Kilk... with the long blonde hair and the motor bike... or bikerchick ... long strawberry blonde hair and tatoos... etc etc... or little old summersun soon to join the band wagon and change her name to rainy... 5ft 4 ...brown hair and eyes... in need of sunshine... so Chris ... come on how about pics????

That was a great question Arancrois... you are someone after my own heart...

Summersun

Oh sunny summersun you always make me laugh.....you have a little bit right about me!!! & i agree with the icon...come on admin!!!!!