JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Repurposed stuff/remnants (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=77715)

unapam 11-03-2010 10:40 PM

Fabulous ideas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gormal
I have made a few accessories. Passport holder & tags, and a Quilted camera case.

What fabulous ideas you have. I love them! The luggage tags are so handy as it the wrist key holder. Keep 'em comin'

Gormal 16-03-2010 03:40 PM

Lightshade recovered

1 Attachment(s)
My other half was hopeful I would make a shade from scratch.....hmmm
Well there was a old shade in the loft which was rather grotty to say the least. So I took the cover off and made one to fit, with colours that just so happen match the rug, also adds some colour to the cold porch. Didn't cost anything. Tied the top and bottom with string concealed in the hems. I put the string in before sewing the hems to save that fiddly job of trying to work it through with a safety pin.

maggied 16-03-2010 04:54 PM

ah now your just showing off gormal ! only joking just a case of the green eyed monster ! well done , love what you come up with . have a bunch of 18 zips light beige colour if you would use them ?
regards
maggie

Gormal 16-03-2010 05:01 PM

Zips

Oh yes please!!! I was planning to make some little make-up/toilet bags later and a little backpack for cycling

Thanks a mil your so good!!

Gormal 17-03-2010 08:12 PM

New style bird feeder

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't too happy with the first one as the seed at the bottom never got eaten. So I made this tester. 1 well cleaned vinegar bottle, some wood, a jam jar lid and 2 plastic straps/ties.
The bottle just lifts out for re-filling, you have to keep the bottle lid so when you put it back into the rack, the seed stay put until you remove the lid, the seeds then fall into the jam lid bit by bit as the birds eat.

Gormal 22-03-2010 04:10 PM

Another use for tins

2 Attachment(s)
Everybody has probably done this at one point. the tin can desk tidy! Well at least it's some place to put all the pens that end up there. I just slipped on a fabric sleeve which was leftover from the chair I'm trying to recover.
Did the same thing with a big tin and used it as a small light shade, which is safe enough as it's an energy bulb and is only on when we go up and down the stairs.

damsel83 23-03-2010 03:47 PM

hi gormal, nice light shade!! love it. pls would really want to know what the tin light shade is hanging on. how did u hook it to the light

Gormal 23-03-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damsel83
hi gormal, nice light shade!! love it. pls would really want to know what the tin light shade is hanging on. how did u hook it to the light

It's hanging on the tin bottom. I used the wire bit of a shade, drew the inner circle on the tin, cut out the circle... well actually tore gently with pliers, as I don't have the tools for making a nice hole. So the hole is just big enough to get the plastic fitting into it, then just hung like a normal shade, screwing the plastic bit back on etc

Gormal 25-03-2010 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yep another tin. lol... Lidl's has changed the top of the evaporated milk tins, now you get a ring pull that leaves a little slot.... how handy is that! Makes a great money tin, to get at the pennies you have to get the tin opener out.
This is a great one for the kids as they can decorate it any which way they like. I'm still deciding on mine ;o)
Have now decorated it with a wrap around bracelet and scrap of fabric

Gormal 30-03-2010 05:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A BIG thank you Maggied for the zips I finally got to do my covers. I did a concealed zipper (well tried to) worked out ok.

kildarechick 30-03-2010 08:55 PM

gormal i wish i had your talents!!

Gormal 16-04-2010 09:46 AM

Mini tote

2 Attachment(s)
I ran this up whilst waiting for dinner to cook..... It more or less the same as unapams shopper only smaller and with a base or gusset...is that what they're called?. It's for our tea/coffee flask and lunchbox when we go for a long drive. At least now I won't have to look for a plastic bag.

Gormal 20-04-2010 04:18 PM

My new handbag

4 Attachment(s)
Well you know the fabric is part of the load I got. The handle is a belt I got of JT from Angelsfishingrod including the d-rings. The ribbon came tied around something....I think it might have been clothes or cushions. so the only thing I had to buy was the zip. It has an inside pocket for my mobile, a pocket with a flap for other bits and a place for pens, cos I just hate having to rumage for one. And before you ask the pattern I made myself after a lot of thought, and took me 3 days to sew as I've no clue about bag making ......well I'm a bit wiser now! ;) I so love it!!

unapam 20-04-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gormal
Well you know the fabric is part of the load I got. The handle is a belt I got of JT from Angelsfishingrod including the d-rings. The ribbon came tied around something....I think it might have been clothes or cushions. so the only thing I had to buy was the zip. It has an inside pocket for my mobile, a pocket with a flap for other bits and a place for pens, cos I just hate having to rumage for one. And before you ask the pattern I made myself after a lot of thought, and took me 3 days to sew as I've no clue about bag making ......well I'm a bit wiser now! ;) I so love it!!

That bag is GORGEOUS! You are really turning out some beauties. It must be great for the people who gave you the fabric to see it going to such good use.
You have a OOAK bag there (one of a kind) Fab!

Gormal 21-04-2010 07:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Unapam! Well I hope I inspired some a little bit and that guenivere might remember me when she is disposing of the next lot of fabric....... ;)
I plan 2 more bags later, I need to get a couple of bits first.

I also found out today that opening the zip was fiddley so I took an old earring and attached that for ease of use

And in the evenings I knit. Thanks for the wool too