JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbishing an Old Cottage - last update Dec 2012 (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=78228)

tudlytops 08-12-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloughcorr
Thanks Tudlytops what is the name of it and I will ask the art and hobby shop in greystones if they can order it for me or know of where I can get it in Co Wicklow....failing that I will come back to you if no joy.

The one we got, comes in a small tube 25 mL and its by Cern'couleurs /vitrail, we used silver, but they have other colours.

2nd from the left http://www.golandart.ru/Images/mk/m34_cont.jpg

Let me know, its no problem at all :P

cloughcorr 08-12-2010 01:33 PM

Thanks Tudlytops - will take this info down to the shop and see how we get on - will keep you up dated:-)

tudlytops 08-02-2011 09:22 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Finally another door done....just needs some tidying up and its all done :P

Like before each door will have something personal to us on the glass.

Sorry the pictures are not the best, but then its DIY I love...:P

Bunty 09-02-2011 12:43 AM

Really breath-taking.

tudlytops 09-02-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunty
Really breath-taking.

Thank you:)

Chris P 09-02-2011 01:58 AM

from Admin

Once again, fabulous work, TudlyTops.
Inspired and inspiring.
Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

magda_ola 09-02-2011 02:55 PM

Wow, they're amazing!!
Great job.

Connemarabound 09-02-2011 06:24 PM

Wow, haven't checked in for a while but GREAT JOB TudlyTops. Keep it up, you are inspiring to me :)

tudlytops 09-02-2011 10:26 PM

Thank you all :P

cloughcorr 10-02-2011 02:36 PM

Wow Tudlytop - another stunning creation. I found the paint liner you use at the local art shop and have the black and sliver. Have been playing around and practicing the glass painting and even managed to do some reverse glass painting for a picture for a friends Christmas present - must try get a photo to put up and show you - and now I want to do the stained glass. Not so sure it will be as good as yours but it will be fun doing and it will be mine :-)

tudlytops 10-02-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloughcorr
Wow Tudlytop - another stunning creation. I found the paint liner you use at the local art shop and have the black and sliver. Have been playing around and practicing the glass painting and even managed to do some reverse glass painting for a picture for a friends Christmas present - must try get a photo to put up and show you - and now I want to do the stained glass. Not so sure it will be as good as yours but it will be fun doing and it will be mine :-)

i would love to do a course in stained glass, we have really enjoyed it, its full of imperfections, but like you say, its ours and it means something to us.

The one in the pictures has a child like drawing of a cottage that i used to scribble all the time and funny enough stopped when we bought this house, because having a small cottage was always my dream we felt it was important to put it somewhere and that's where the idea of the stain glass come from.:P

denkarma 15-02-2011 11:57 PM

have to start working on the other doors soon

tudlytops 02-03-2011 10:20 PM

Old fireplace

6 Attachment(s)
The fire place was covered up, we opened it up again and fitted the cooker in it.

We found an old egg timer, nothing especial, but it turned out its been here for many years, so we've placed it in between the tiles.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 03-03-2011 08:34 AM

fireplace

Hi Tuddlytops, I love the fireplace and the mosaic work--your ideas are all so original and artistic. It is so interesting when everything in the house has a story or history attached to it. Loved your stained glass doors too-beautiful. Eibhlin.

tudlytops 03-03-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Hi Tuddlytops, I love the fireplace and the mosaic work--your ideas are all so original and artistic. It is so interesting when everything in the house has a story or history attached to it. Loved your stained glass doors too-beautiful. Eibhlin.

Thank you, yes we are trying to really make it a home, where everything means something.

Going too work on the worktops next :)