JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Beaded decorations. (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=75898)

TeresaH 22-12-2009 07:17 PM

Beaded decorations.

4 Attachment(s)
I can't remember the name of the lady who posted a large envelope full of beads to me in response to a post I had on JT asking for beads and broken jewellery. Along with some of those beads that had not been used yet and others I’ve collected along the way I made some decorations the other day and thought I’d post some photos here.

Using funky glass beads they look lovely hung from a window as a sun catcher.

Hope you like them.

sparkwell 22-12-2009 07:47 PM

They are gorgeous TeresaH well done!

Linn 22-12-2009 08:22 PM

They are fab Teresa well done. I know i sent you broken jewellery but i dont think it was thoses ones though.

Bubbles2 22-12-2009 08:36 PM

What a super idea - they are lovely well done you!!
B2

TeresaH 22-12-2009 10:02 PM

Thank you all :-)

I think the ones you gave me Linn were used in craft workshops. It might have been Bibi that sent these particular ones to me.

Bibi 23-12-2009 01:25 AM

Decorations

Hi Teresa,

Those are gorgeous & yes, I recognise some beads!!

Well done & happy Christmas.

Regards.
Bibi.

TickTock 27-12-2009 08:51 PM

Beaded decorations

Lovely decorations. I'm assuming you threaded the beads onto wire - could you tell me what guage wire you used - I don't think the wire I have would do it as its too bendy and I'd like to try some of those decs.

TeresaH 30-12-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTock
Lovely decorations. I'm assuming you threaded the beads onto wire - could you tell me what guage wire you used - I don't think the wire I have would do it as its too bendy and I'd like to try some of those decs.

Hi,

Thanks TickTock.

The easiest way to make these is to buy ready made snowflake forms. I know that “The Bead Smith” make them they should list stockists on their website www.beadsmith.com

If you want to make your own form you can use 24 gauge wire and solder it together or you could try some cement glue and make some artistic wire to reinforce the centre, this might make it very chunky though.

Another idea, last year I did some with chain going from spoke to spoke, they looked very nice also.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Teresa

unapam 30-12-2009 02:20 PM

gorgeous!

They are gorgeous. Well done. I especially like the pearly one.

TickTock 31-12-2009 09:40 AM

Beaded decorations

Thanks TeresaH - not sure I want to go to the trouble of buying more 'stuff', may give it a go with what 'stuff' I already have. Thanks again - yes that pearly one is really lovely.

maggied 03-01-2010 07:54 PM

decs

absouetly gorgeous im off now to make some for next year only 50 weeks left !!!

paprika 08-01-2010 03:33 PM

Wow, they look so cool! A very good idea not just for Christmas time. FAir play to you!

Regards,
p

Ebblue 15-01-2010 04:19 PM

They are lovely. Great idea.

You could also make some circles and then place a few together to make a ball so when they twirl you see beads from all angles..

melissabell 16-01-2010 08:00 PM

These are GORGEOUS!!! AND REALLY UNUSUAL, Great idea :) :)