JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Repurposed stuff/remnants (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=77715)

Gormal 20-02-2010 07:15 PM

Needle roll & peg bag

3 Attachment(s)
Today I made a peg bag. And a roll for my knitting needles and crochet hooks etc... well it's an improvement on a plastic bag and at least everything is in one place. Did take me a while to suss out how to make all the compartments, and I did make a blooper but worked round it. There are also pockets behind the bottom section, and I still need to buy some ribbon to tie it.

Gormal 24-02-2010 08:47 PM

The Hat

2 Attachment(s)
Made this cool hat, looks like my sister-in-law is going to get it. As it turned out a bit on the small side for me... have to make another one this time bigger...lol

Managed the 2nd one in a fraction of the time, helps when you know how to get round the fiddly bits!

maggied 26-02-2010 06:07 PM

stuff

hiya, well done ,love your creativity, maggied

maggied 26-02-2010 06:10 PM

needle storage

hiya gormal ,meant to say i could send you some ribbon for your knitting needle storage if you still need it ? just let me know , regards
maggied

Gormal 27-02-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggied
hiya gormal ,meant to say i could send you some ribbon for your knitting needle storage if you still need it ? just let me know , regards
maggied

Thanks for the offer but I bought some hot pink ribbon on wednesday

Gormal 02-03-2010 11:38 AM

Pan lid to feeder/bath

2 Attachment(s)
Made a feeder from pan lid which will double as a birdbath in summer. Will have to get some light chain to make it more secure though.
Also made a bottle feeder out of a bottle , stick and coat hanger.

Bunty 02-03-2010 11:59 AM

Genius! Well done.

Gormal 03-03-2010 12:58 PM

50cd Spindle case to plant pot.

2 Attachment(s)
I took the case of a 50 spindle cd set and used as a plant pot. Then covered with fabric. Although you could paint or use cool wallpaper too.

Gormal 03-03-2010 01:05 PM

Accessories

4 Attachment(s)
I have made a few accessories. Passport holder & tags, and a Quilted camera case.

unapam 03-03-2010 05:05 PM

placemats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gormal
Working my way through that material and here is my latest project a table cloth and 4 placemats, I was really good this time and finished my raw edges!!

Love the place mats and pin cushion. You can't have too many pincushions when crafting! Well done.

Gormal 04-03-2010 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Unapam! Well I'm beginning to realise that Pin cushions are too handy, I wonder how I managed without one for so many years. The wrist strap pincushion is looking very appealing all of a sudden... might make one yet!
The placemats were a bit of a challenge for me, mainly the corners! But now that I've made them once it'll be easier next time round. I also just finished coasters to match.

Loved the cushion you made with the padded heart... forgot to tell you that on your post, body in one place mind in another!!

Made a few key fobs, the one below is for my bike lock and fits on the wrist so I won't lose it. Also used an old milk bottle as a watering can, simply make a few holes near the top and whala!

Loveworld 04-03-2010 10:09 PM

sewing machine

2 Attachment(s)
i'm really thrilled by all the revamping and designing done on this thread. well done everyone!!! unapam, gormal, Eibh....etc. this is a motivational thread i'd say. helps one to work well with a tight budget.
pls does any one know where i can get this mini sewin machines in dublin or mullinger? especially the "good ideas mini sewing machine" or any cheap machine, could be second hand as well.
thanks

Gormal 08-03-2010 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished socks for the other half and had 24g left so I made a small crocheted Amigurumi toy. hand-stitched the eyes and put a fabric nose on. It's stuffed with shredded fabric scraps. Not wasting any of it...lol

Also our door kept hitting the wall and was leaving a mark on the paint, it was only a matter of time before a hole appeared. So I rolled up a fabric scrap, covered it with another scrap and blanket stitched the seams. Now I've got a bung which prevents the door handle hitting the wall.

murphs 11-03-2010 07:23 PM

hat

Hi
Your hat is fantastic.
Did you need something to stiffen it?
Did you get a pattern.
regards
murphs

Gormal 11-03-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphs
Hi
Your hat is fantastic.
Did you need something to stiffen it?
Did you get a pattern.
regards
murphs

Thanks. Yes I used iron on interfacing and the pattern was a free online one from simplicity see link

http://www.simplicitynewlook.com/ind...ge=page&id=126