JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   ideas for homemade xmas pressie this year? (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=70248)

jpmum 11-10-2009 12:09 AM

ideas for homemade xmas pressie this year?

Hi all,
father-in-law told us yesterday that we are all to give one homemade pressie this year to them. I havent a clue where to start,have no idea what to do. can anyone give me some ideas???
it cant be big or heavy because there from England and they will need to bring it home with them after they visit. It can either be made,grown..etc but not shop bought(help please)
thanks a lot.

Cat101 11-10-2009 12:30 AM

christmas homemade pressie

hiya
Im really big into making things at the minute, and i found a website called, crafster.org to be great for ideas and tutorials, give it a look and see what you think.Just put in christmas in the search bar and you'l get loads of ideas.
cat101

jpmum 11-10-2009 12:33 AM

thanks Cat,
ill check it out. x

unapam 11-10-2009 01:17 AM

Crafted Christmas Presents

Hi, last year we had a huge thread going on this theme. Loads of ideas and suggestions. I have looked for it but can't find it. I am making most of the pressies this year and will post up pics and instructions as they happen.

unapam 11-10-2009 01:21 AM

found it!

I just found it and have bumped it up for you to browse. Enjoy!

unapam 11-10-2009 01:37 AM

more bumps

Hi, I have bumped up some more threads from last year. Choc full of ideas for you. Cheers..Unapam

unapam 11-10-2009 12:31 PM

A Bottle of Bubbly

7 Attachment(s)
This is a small present I made from an old wine bottle. (OK - it was not that old, but you know what I mean)

I used pink bubble bath added a few drops of rose essential oil, trimmed it all up with old trim, a salvaged label and some beads....and you have a pretty bottle of bubbly.

Be sure to label it clearly as Bubble Bath!

Scrabble 11-10-2009 03:18 PM

Really beautiful.

Hi unapam,
You really make some fantastic things. This is really beautiful. Please share more with us. I love to see what others have made and I try to make some of the presents that I give at christmas. If I can find a photo I'l upload it later of the presents I made last year.

Hi jpmum,
If I can think of any ideas especially male related I'l let you know.

Happy crafting
Scrabble

cathyj 11-10-2009 04:15 PM

We made lovely chutneys from the rachel allen cookbook last year . We saved the nice shaped jars from jam etc for a few months then filled them with the tomato one - tastes like ballymaloe relish - I got the kids to colour in Charlies Christmas Chutney labels etc and stuck them on. We then made little hampers with baskets of cheese and this - I know the cheese isn't strictly homemade but did look nice.

jpmum 11-10-2009 09:32 PM

thanks a bunch :)

Hi all,
thanks a mill for taking the time to reply. im really looking forward to having a look at all the ideas from last year, thank a lot.
it was my father in law who asked but its for both my father and mother in law so can be anything really :)
thanks again for your help, i will keep you informed in what i decide to do:)
jpmum xxx

Izzyizzy 11-10-2009 09:57 PM

homemade pressents

Hi Jpmum, lovely to receive a homemade gift especially at christmas time. Its the thought that goes into it. I make jams and marmalade and sometimes give this as presents. Also whats nice too is a cherry cake or a basket or homemade biscuits or sweets or really nice is homemade fudge. Hope you are good in the kitchen lol.

Enjoy.
Izzyizzy(Pam)

Izzyizzy 11-10-2009 10:03 PM

you are all fantastic people

Hi All
I just have to say that you are a brilliant bunch of people here on jumble town. I really enjoy this site and the wonderful ideas you are all sharing with each other. I think I will be doing all the homemade gifts too this year as I have done it too before. I love cooking and baking and my absolute favourite is jam making.I have made a few connections with people on here and its lovely to give as well as to receive. Many many thanks to you all. (izzyizzy)

Pam

saoirsetom 12-10-2009 07:38 AM

homemade

hi homemade photo collections are always a good one

unapam 12-10-2009 03:01 PM

Recycled Presents?

2 Attachment(s)
Would recycled items be acceptable to them? This is one I dickied up from items I got from Mickey on JT and some recipe cards and stuff from my stash.

The lovely blue cookbook stand I got from Mickey. Thanks so much!

The recipe cards are old ones I had and I stamped them with the recipient's initials, made a handmade tag from my craft stash and tied it all up with old trim I saved from a gift last Christmas. I will add a cookbook and a nib pen and bottle of ink to this as a present for this woman as she loves to bake and cook.

jpmum 12-10-2009 03:58 PM

thats fab unapam, i really like it :)
yes recycled pressies are ok too so i will keep my eyes open for things i could use.
you have all been a great help, thanks a lot ;)
jpmum x