JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Help how do i remove orange highlighter (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=40887)

summersun 30-12-2008 10:22 PM

Help how do i remove orange highlighter

Help me please jt people ....

My loving kids have managed to get "ORANGE HIGHLIGHTER PEN" on my beautiful, WHITE, hand decorated, wash by hand only!!! christmas table cloth...

HELP cant find any way to remove it ... any helpful ideas..

Many thanks
Summersun

jenniferalan 30-12-2008 11:13 PM

my mum swears by those crystals cant think what the name is think its sodium crystals, u put the tablecloth into the sink or basin and leave it steaping for about an hr and it will do the job, bi carbonate of soda would be good too but id try the other one first cos its been around for years! i clean my runners in it over night and they come out shining clean and not out of shape like what happens in the washing machine!

summersun 30-12-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferalan
my mum swears by those crystals cant think what the name is think its sodium crystals, u put the tablecloth into the sink or basin and leave it steaping for about an hr and it will do the job, bi carbonate of soda would be good too but id try the other one first cos its been around for years! i clean my runners in it over night and they come out shining clean and not out of shape like what happens in the washing machine!

Thanks Jenniferalan... will look out for sodium crystals never seen them before...

Summersun

bings 01-01-2009 03:33 PM

orange highlighter

Hi Have you tried head & shoulders shampoo it is fantastic for taking a colour out of your hair. might work

ireneo 01-01-2009 05:22 PM

Hi
Hairspray works on all kinds of ink stains, just spray it on and leave a while, worth a try
Hope it helps. Your tablecloth sounds gorgeous by the way!

Happy New Year!!!

summersun 02-01-2009 09:29 PM

Hi Bings,

Thanks for that ... its is so way out that it could just work!!!

Thanks Ireno, i posess no hairspray.... but will ask a friend, i will try all of the ideas and let you know which one if not all works...

Thanks Summersun

summersun 13-01-2009 08:23 PM

Hi Tried the crystals and unfortunately it didn't work...

Anybody else any ideas??

Thanks Summersun

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferalan

misstake 13-01-2009 09:33 PM

stains

there is a stain remover you can buy its very good lol just found it is called ecozone its great stuff ive just used it and it works great it says removes stains without chemicals

Carmadon 13-01-2009 11:25 PM

I would try Milton, I use it on many things to remove stains. :)

summersun 21-01-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmadon
I would try Milton, I use it on many things to remove stains. :)

I went out and got some milton... IT didnt work but brought back happy memories with the smell

thanks Carmadon

Summersun

STILL LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS PLEASE....

summersun 21-01-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstake
there is a stain remover you can buy its very good lol just found it is called ecozone its great stuff ive just used it and it works great it says removes stains without chemicals

Hi misstake .... cant wait to try your idea , really hope this one works

thanks

poppie 21-01-2009 09:34 PM

Hi,

I recently had pen on my carpet and my sister in law suggested that I use nailvarnish remover to get it out (must still do this so don't know if it will work on carpet). She used it before to get pen marks out of a duvet cover. Used cotton wool to put some on and then some cotton wool on the back to soak it up.

Hope this works if you are trying it.

Ta
poppie

summersun 25-01-2009 03:52 PM

Hi Poppie, thanks for your suggestion.. i tried your varnish remover ... and the answer is ... wait for it nooooooooooo it hasnt worked....

Will nothing remove this orange highlighter???????

Any other ideas please

thanks so much summersun

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppie
Hi,

I recently had pen on my carpet and my sister in law suggested that I use nailvarnish remover to get it out (must still do this so don't know if it will work on carpet). She used it before to get pen marks out of a duvet cover. Used cotton wool to put some on and then some cotton wool on the back to soak it up.

Hope this works if you are trying it.

Ta
poppie

paprika 29-01-2009 06:26 PM

Oh, summersun, that's awful! My Grandma used to say for these cases: "only with vinegary scissors...".
But there must some truth in it, vinegar is used instead of bleach on many occasions, so probably worth a try (without the scissors, lol!). But make sure it's not malt vinegar, cause that one stains too (I know, I soaked the nappies in that once :().

Good luck, hope something will get it out.

Regards,
p

summersun 29-01-2009 07:40 PM

Oh Pappy... ( do you like the nickname?) never thought of white vinegar... will try that, also misstake has recommended an eco powder that i will try, and i have just bought a stain remover by Dr Beckmann that show a pretty picture of a pink highlighter pen!!! with the slogan "it works because we care about cleaning"... if these three ideas dont work ill probably have a hole where the stain was... i can always embroider another christmas design over the stain...

thanks everybody take care Summersun

Quote:

Originally Posted by paprika
Oh, summersun, that's awful! My Grandma used to say for these cases: "only with vinegary scissors...".
But there must some truth in it, vinegar is used instead of bleach on many occasions, so probably worth a try (without the scissors, lol!). But make sure it's not malt vinegar, cause that one stains too (I know, I soaked the nappies in that once :().

Good luck, hope something will get it out.

Regards,
p