JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Desk from bedside tables/ little chest of drawers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=83851)

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 26-03-2010 10:35 AM

Desk from bedside tables/ little chest of drawers

1 Attachment(s)
These were two bedside tables/little chest of drawers from my old house which I no longer needed. The room I was decorating was quite narrow so I created my own desk/dressingtable by fitting a narrow piece of pine board between the two bedside tables Added a mirror to the wall(freebie), a lamp(present from a friend), chair (freebie), and upholstered it to match the bed covers. Now my guests have somewhere to sit and write, attend to make-up etc and drawers to keep things, all in a narrow piece of furniture and at no great cost!

Linn 26-03-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
These were two bedside tables/little chest of drawers from my old house which I no longer needed. The room I was decorating was quite narrow so I created my own desk/dressingtable by fitting a narrow piece of pine board between the two bedside tables Added a mirror to the wall(freebie), a lamp(present from a friend), chair (freebie), and upholstered it to match the bed covers. Now my guests have somewhere to sit and write, attend to make-up etc and drawers to keep things, all in a narrow piece of furniture and at no great cost!

WOW your ideas are brillant the just keep getting better and better,
Well done and thanks for sharing them.
Regards Linn

Bunty 26-03-2010 11:12 AM

Again, Well Done. B

snorry 26-03-2010 11:33 AM

very good idea well done

Gormal 26-03-2010 03:47 PM

Fantastic job thanks for sharing

Mandolin 26-03-2010 06:35 PM

Desk/Dressing table

What a first class idea - how do you come up with them! thanks. M

unapam 28-03-2010 06:40 PM

desk

You've done it again! I just love dual purpose items. Great!

tudlytops 28-03-2010 06:54 PM

great idea and so simple :)

stormg 30-03-2010 11:27 AM

hiya

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

hiya my name is haley i am looking for a small one

Belarus 30-03-2010 11:44 AM

Oh my God you are so talented. Your creativity is unbelievable. It puts us all to shame and we should definitely take a leaf out of your book. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Best wishes.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 30-03-2010 08:26 PM

desk

Thanks everyone for your comments. Don't know how I think of the ideas, just have a knack for thinking 'outside the box' and seeing how things can be changed. The trick is don't be afraid to try things. Whatever the item you are working on, just keep reminding yourself that it was made by another human being, and what has been done, can be undone or re-done!! Eibh.