JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   JumbleTown Wins EnviroCom Award (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=34259)

Chris P 29-09-2008 08:56 PM

JumbleTown Wins EnviroCom Award

1 Attachment(s)
Hi JumbleTowners,

I'm delighted to announce that JumbleTown has won the "Community" category in the 2008 Envirocom Awards sponsored by Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Healthy County Forum*.

The objective of the awards is "to recognise the county's private and public organisations for their outstanding and innovative environmental management."

JumbleTown's award was for "Best Example of a company of less than 50 employees engaging communities in environmental projects." This specific award was sponsored by the Health Service Executive.

JumbleTown's marketing manager, Des Fitzgibbon, accepted the award at a ceremony held in the Stillorgan Park Hotel, Dublin on 27/9/08. The award is a beautiful piece of Dublin Crystal (globe on pedestal).

Des Fitzgibbon said that "the Envirocom award was in recognition of the incredible work of JumbleTown's community of Givers and Takers. This is their award."

And that's it, JumbleTowners -- your first award! Congratulations! Take a bow!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

(*The members of the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Healthy County Forum are the Health Service Executive, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Chamber, An Garda Siochana, Dun Laoghaire VEC, County Dublin VEC and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Community Forum.)

A full list of the category winners can be found...here:
http://www.dlrchamber.ie/index.php?p...ws&newsitem=89

PIC:Your Award

marylamb 29-09-2008 09:05 PM

award

Heartiest congrats, to all the admin staff who make this site possible, and of course to the givers and takers. well done and well deserved.

misstake 29-09-2008 09:05 PM

congratulations

To all concerned i wish you the best of luck and a very big thank you from a very happy jumbletowner May all who run this site get many more awards
THANKS

lanesborobabe 29-09-2008 09:06 PM

well done jt ye deserve it

Bawnie 29-09-2008 09:07 PM

Award

Well deserved! Keep up the excellent work one and all! :)

Tootsie 29-09-2008 09:12 PM

Congratulations!

.....and celebrations.

Well done to all concerned.

noni 29-09-2008 09:12 PM

jumbletown wins award

Congratulations and well done!

smokinaces 29-09-2008 09:16 PM

congrats

what a super site....award well deserved congratulations to all concerned keep up the great work....

Trevalhean 29-09-2008 09:21 PM

Congratulations

Such a great site and well done to all in Jumbletown - you make it so easily accessible

chick 29-09-2008 09:23 PM

Congratulations

This site is absolutely brilliant - well done to all concerned.

angle1 29-09-2008 09:31 PM

well done

its the best site in the world well done we love you
thank you very much jumbletown
well done the best of the best

angling mad 29-09-2008 09:33 PM

award //

congrats to the admin staff and everybody else involved in running the site it is a remarkable site and has changed many peoples lives for the better not to mention the effect it must have on our landfill and of course our own homes. we have no excuse for clutter anymore oh that is unless your married to a jt fanatic as i am it started off great as i am not a horder and my husband is and when we found this site i thought whey hey at last i can give some stuff away but now when i hear his fingers tapping on the keyboard i say oh god what has he got now!!!! but i'm not complaining as the stuff people give away on this site is so usefull and nice and it would be a shame not to see it being recycled i would just like my hubby to recycle a bit more of his stuff but as he's a handyman he always has a use for something. anyway to all of you JT'ers many thanks and keep up the good work from angling mad and his worried wife!!!!!!!!

Linn 29-09-2008 09:36 PM

Yippee

Well done one and all. May this be the first of many. Keep up the good work everyone.
Chris P & Dave H you both should have collected the award. I suggest that the next award be collected by your good selfs and then we will have a face to the name lol.

Neiomi 29-09-2008 09:44 PM

Great news

Well done. This is great. Hope it will appear in the newspapers and more users will join us. Keep up the good work everyone!!

pob 29-09-2008 10:09 PM

Award...

Well done guys...you deserve it! And a big thanks again for all the hard work you put into this site - Its great!

Sel 29-09-2008 10:25 PM

fantastic, thats great, well done

erica 29-09-2008 10:26 PM

Well done to all concerned. I hope this award will generate publicity for Jumbletown and increase membership even more. The site is very well run by Chris P and Dave, who seem to be vigilant 24/7!

Congratulations!

Guns n Roses 29-09-2008 10:31 PM

Well done to everyone !

HappyHunter 29-09-2008 10:54 PM

Congratulations to everyone, well deserved :)

shanley 29-09-2008 11:07 PM

Winning Award

Well done, it is certainly deserved. Great to see recognition for such a useful site where so much giving and taking happens. Well done again, may many more awards follow.

S.

manufan 29-09-2008 11:15 PM

Award

Agree with all previous posters. While there has been a growth in free websites to save the environment over the last 2 years, JT is by far the best. I have wondered at times if Chris P. ever leaves his computer - he is so helpful and on the ball. As someone working in the helping sector, JT has been a god send; it has taught kids in the care of the State that society cares; that there are good people out there and it has helped the environment to boot. Well done one and all - your just brilliant. E

Bettybooboopbedoop 29-09-2008 11:31 PM

Congratulations

I think a very big Congratulations go to Chris P and Dave Hagan, as they are the vigilant workers, behind the scene. They do a great job, are very helpful and have a great sense of humour. They offer help endlessly and deserve this award and many more to come, i'm sure. Clink Clink, Cheers

anjoy 29-09-2008 11:40 PM

Award

COME ON JUMBLETOWN!!!!!!! LOVELY ONE!!!!!!! REALLY WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!
Whoever came up with this idea in the first place must be well chuffed to see how well the site has progressed. Congratulations to that person or those people. Congratulations to all staff involved in keeping the site running. Congratulations to all Jumbletowners!!!!!!!!! Apart from the site's fabulous value in recycling, giving and taking, I have met some lovely people through Jumbletown, learned some lovely arts and handy, helpful tips in various areas.
LONG MAY JUMBLETOWN LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ocker 30-09-2008 05:04 AM

It's no real surprise........fantastic site ! Well done to all of you.

durran 30-09-2008 06:19 AM

Well Done

unapam 30-09-2008 06:55 AM

award

Well deserved! Congratulations to you all :-)

lemar 30-09-2008 07:02 AM

Award

Very well done, you deserve it.

shonastar 30-09-2008 07:35 AM

Fantastic, congratulations to all the staff!

anzie3 30-09-2008 08:17 AM

Award

Hi all at JT.

Congratulations and well done to all the team. Great achievement.

Regards

Anne

Fries-With-That 30-09-2008 08:27 AM

Congratulations.

Hello Chris and Dave and all Jumbletowners,

Congratulations on the achievement, it goes to show that there can be a real live community on a website.

Well done everyone I think we all deserve a pat on the back :).

Fries.

Marathon Man 30-09-2008 08:29 AM

If for any reason all those before me don't take it I really would appreciate being considered for it. Would look lovely on my new mantlepiece...!!

:-)

Well done ladies and gents. Truly deserved.

Regards,
Paul

cathy 30-09-2008 08:34 AM

well done, I always knew yous were great and the site. Fantastic.
cathy

icecream 30-09-2008 09:46 AM

well done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linn
Well done one and all. May this be the first of many. Keep up the good work everyone.
Chris P & Dave H you both should have collected the award. I suggest that the next award be collected by your good selfs and then we will have a face to the name lol.

My thoughts exactly, Linn! Well done Chris and Dave

kilk 30-09-2008 12:21 PM

congrats!!

well done to one and all!!

biker chick 30-09-2008 12:40 PM

Well done & keep up the hard work to the jt team & all us who make it possible too.....3 cheers best wishes Evelyn

amethyst 30-09-2008 01:05 PM

re jumbletown award

Congrats, hope this is the first of many.
Jumbletown is a shining example of reducing CONSUMERISM.
Reduce
Reuse
Recycle

This message is being passed on to our children, grandchildren, and down the line.
Jumbletown is now the "coolest" site .
Great branding and marketing .
Keep up the good work, and thanks for this wonderful facility.
"HAPPY JUMBLETOWNER"

bluecurlygirl 30-09-2008 01:10 PM

Wahoo

Well done guys and deservedly so. May it be the first of many more to come.

Bonnie 30-09-2008 01:24 PM

Congrats

Congrats Jumbletown...well deserved.
It's great for this exellent and well used service to get recognition of the great work it has achieved. It stops people dumping good items in Skips and elsewhere in order to clear their homes of unwanted items etc. It allows new freindships to be made through the giver and the taker. It is so easy to sit down at home and use the computer for a few minutes to pass something on to another Jumbletowner. Well done keep it going I say.................

ace 30-09-2008 01:24 PM

wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Well done guys and deservedly so. May it be the first of many more to come.

Wow Well done. Ace.

rustie 30-09-2008 04:00 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To All Involved In Jumbletown, A Big Well Done!! Congratulations On Winning A Well Deserved Award,,,