JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What Unapam Did Next ... or "Recession-proof Shopping" in "Wear it Again, Sam" (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=127950)

Chris P 17-02-2012 12:44 AM

What Unapam Did Next ... or "Recession-proof Shopping" in "Wear it Again, Sam"

9 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, JumbleTowner Unapam has been a long-term supporter of the site, both in her Giving and Taking, and also in her many inspiring posts in the Before & After forum. In fact, over the years, her refurbishing escapades and re-purposing & upcycling projects have attracted a lot of media attention and she has very kindly agreed to be interviewed for several articles, thereby helping to bring JumbleTown to greater public attention.

A few years ago, Unapam got involved in organising large-scale "Fashion Swap Shops" -- hugely popular "green 'n' thrifty fashion" events that were held around twice a year, in Dublin and (I think) one or two other locations, with part of the proceeds going to charities such as St. Michael's House.

And so, I'm delighted to give a big shout out for her latest green 'n' thrifty endeavour --
"Wear it Again, Sam" -- probably Ireland's first pre-owned clothing trade-in shop. It's located in the New Mother Redcaps Market, off the Malahide Road, Coolock (just behind Lidl/Woodies), in Dublin (Thur to Sat 10am to 5.30pm & Sun 12 noon to 5.30pm).

Here's how it works:

Choose something from your wardrobe that is in very good, or new condition, that you no longer have (or never had) a use for;

Choose an item of clothing from the rails and get 20 to 50% discount at the cash desk by trading in your item and paying the balance;

If you just want to buy good quality items for great prices - just buy them straight off the rails - prices start at just €3.

Women's and Men's clothes, shoes, accessories and costume jewellery are stocked.

Unapam refers to her latest project as "guilt-free shopping in a recession free zone, which is good for your wardrobe, your wallet, and the environment."

Finally, Unapam likes to keep things Green, so if you pop-in, it would be great if you brought your own shopping bag. Also, she'd gratefully accept all donations of wooden hangers and paper shopping-bags to save on costs and resources.

You can visit "Wear it Again, Sam" on Facebook...here:

http://www.facebook.com/internetexplorer#!/photo.php?fbid=238436146237866&set=pt.114374071977 408&type=1&theater

The New Mother Redcaps Market Facebook Page is here:

http://www.facebook.com/internetexplorer#!/MotherRedcaps.Market

So, well done, Unapam, thanks for your sterling contribution to JumbleTown over the years, and good luck with "Wear it Again, Sam."

Regards
Chris P
Admin

smokeyeyes 17-02-2012 01:45 AM

Wishing Unapam a HUGE success in her new venture :-)

Have really enjoyed her many photos here over the years. (Was actually wondering what had happened to her as we haven't seen anything recently?! )
Now we know why! Have been lucky enough to meet her and she is an extremely nice person. I hope this doesn't mean that she won't delight us with more of her lovely before/after crafts as she is very inspirational.

Good luck Unapam - only you could take on a venture like this. Wish I lived nearer so I could call in and browse.

unapam 24-02-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
Wishing Unapam a HUGE success in her new venture :-)

Have really enjoyed her many photos here over the years. (Was actually wondering what had happened to her as we haven't seen anything recently?! )
Now we know why! Have been lucky enough to meet her and she is an extremely nice person. I hope this doesn't mean that she won't delight us with more of her lovely before/after crafts as she is very inspirational.

Good luck Unapam - only you could take on a venture like this. Wish I lived nearer so I could call in and browse.

Thanks to Smokeyeyes for your kind comments and also to Chris P for the shoutout on JT. Unapam

unapam 24-02-2012 10:00 PM

Thanks

A big thanks to Jt'er Maura who brought in the motherlode of paper bags. Thanks so much!

Gormal 25-02-2012 05:52 PM

Well Done Unapam, exactly what is needed just now! Good Luck .......... Think you are more likely to run out of space rather than anything else!
You make me wish I lived closer ;o)

Leahsmam 29-02-2012 08:24 PM

best of luck with it Unapam, well done

Sky 31-03-2012 10:21 PM

Well done!!!!!

Just saw this post now and all i can say is "well done Pam". There is no better girl to make a success of something like this. I have not forgotten the dig out you gave us here in Celbridge a few years ago and all here send their best wishes. Sky and Margaret

maura norton 01-04-2012 06:45 PM

Una Pam recycling

Belated congratulations to Una Pam on the success of upcycling day in Mother Redcaps. Really enjoyed purchasing at recession prices

unapam 26-06-2012 02:25 PM

thanks

Hi, thanks to all who have posted on here with good wishes. Sky, how are you keeping? Wish I could give you a digout this year. Say hello to all there for us.