JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   old old armchair given a bit of TLC! (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=97352)

junkista 12-08-2010 08:26 PM

old old armchair given a bit of TLC!

3 Attachment(s)
hi jters,
tudlytops generously gave me this lovely old armchair in march. im delighted to have given it a new lease of life and to save it from the skip. all i need now are some antimacassars! it took me a full 5 days to do it, it was hard work and ive got the cuts and blisters to prove it!
hope you like it, im chuffed to bits! its my first upholstery job.
regards
junkista

palminnie1 12-08-2010 08:29 PM

great job!

that is fantastic, like it alot.
well done. it looks mega comfy too.
p

Davidoff 12-08-2010 09:28 PM

Fantastic

GREAT JOB!!! looks FANTASTIC!!!!

junkista 12-08-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidoff
GREAT JOB!!! looks FANTASTIC!!!!

how much? ;) !!

junkista 12-08-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palminnie1
that is fantastic, like it alot.
well done. it looks mega comfy too.
p

thanks a mill palminie,
it is very comfy but now that its all pretty and pristine i may put a velvet rope round it with a do not sit on chair sign!! ;)
junkista

dee1 12-08-2010 09:52 PM

Could you make slip covers for a seatee shaped like your chair?
and if so how would you go about it...I have a seatee,,, the seat and back can be removed for washing but the arms are so grubby from little hands that its a show and throws I hate....what kind of material did you use?I presume it was a heavy cotton but was it got in hickeys???/please help.....OH AND OBVIOUSLY I LOVE YOUR CHAIR just in case i forgot to mention it..

junkista 12-08-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee1
Could you make slip covers for a seatee shaped like your chair?
and if so how would you go about it...I have a seatee,,, the seat and back can be removed for washing but the arms are so grubby from little hands that its a show and throws I hate....what kind of material did you use?I presume it was a heavy cotton but was it got in hickeys???/please help.....OH AND OBVIOUSLY I LOVE YOUR CHAIR just in case i forgot to mention it..

you could make loose covers so they could be washed, id pre shrink the fabric first to be safe. i havent made loose covers before tho. i used the fabric pieces that i removed as templates and i took lots of photos to recall how it was covered. i continually refered to the photos!i just couldnt remember the little details of how and where. the fabric is like mattress ticking ,a heavy cotton but not upholstry weight, its from hickeys.
hate throws too!
good luck with it

dee1 12-08-2010 10:27 PM

Thanks hun, may call on you again,when i get sorted with material,if thats ok .

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 12-08-2010 10:44 PM

chair

Hi Junkista, this is a fantastic job---what a transformation!! You should be really proud of your work, Eibhlin.

unapam 13-08-2010 01:05 AM

chair

WOW! What a transformation. You can be rightly proud of it. Well done you.

Belarus 13-08-2010 06:56 AM

That is absolutely fantastic. You should be really proud of your chair. It is a very professional looking job. Well done.

Redsquigy 13-08-2010 01:01 PM

chair

OMG that is really a fantastic job - would love to have the talent to do something like that. Well done

junkista 13-08-2010 02:44 PM

thanks all for the encouraging comments
much appreciated,
regard
junkista

junkista 13-08-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsquigy
OMG that is really a fantastic job - would love to have the talent to do something like that. Well done

hi redsquigy,thanks a million for the compliment.. i had nt done uphols before and it turned out ok,so im sure you could do the same. if you have a staple gun and a sewing machine. give it a try!! if i can do it so can you!

Gormal 13-08-2010 02:59 PM

Brilliant job, very professional! Well worth the blisters ;o)