View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-07-2008 , 12:49 PM #23
Mickey

I remember reading about JT a few years ago - it was given a small mention along with a few other options for re- and free- and life-cycling to minimise our impact on the environment.

Never gave it a thought until a friend was desperately looking for something so thought I'd check it out for her.

Have not looked back in regret once since then (well, maybe the once then) but have SO enjoyed the community and reading the banter and the advice, it is all really helpful, inciteful, creative and many times side-splitting :o).

Also a bit shy of asking for stuff from skips but we got a lovely rustic looking kitchen dresser and matching shelving unit out of our neighbour's skip and am so glad, it looks great and holds MUCH. My hubby has no such qualms (even though he is always giving out when I ask him to collect something from a JTer for me). He is constantly skip diving for bikes and bits of bikes.

I tell anyone and everyone. Everytime I think to print a poster though I am down to my last dribbles of ink :o(

While I'm thinking of it (and while the ink is fresh) I will print a cople of posters and put them up in a couple of shops here in Wicklow. (Have not seen one here yet, so I should really get off the duff and do something about it - RIGHT NOW!)

Off to the shops.

Great job Chris P ('Who's Crispy?' I hear my husband ask) and Dave with running the site.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote