View Single Post
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 12:33 AM #3
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin: re: JumbleTowner of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Is there an award for such a thing? I've been going through the green section and I have to say I'm knackered. Unapam, house renovating, restoring furniture (for your niece as well), making Christmas presents, starting a chernobyl children's appeal, making bat boxes out of wine crates, lights out of colanders!! Is there no end to your talents. I tip my hat to you. Major kudos. Oh if only the world had more of you. Where do you get your energy? Whatever the source may it never run out. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
Hi bluecurlygirl,

Sorry to report that we're too miserable to give awards (not even Crackerjack Pencils!) to the luminaries that grace our pages but we do occasionally single out individuals who make holy-shows of themselves by being chronic over-achievers. Queen Unapam is such a person, but she'd be the first to admit that JumbleTown has hundreds (nay, thousands!) of folk who deserve an award for their sterling work. Perhaps we could introduce a New Year's Honours List like in the UK, where unsung heroes get a title or something. Lady bluecurlyhair has a nice ring to it, no? Or how about Sir Angling Mad, the Countess Linn, Baroness Bettybooboopbedoop, King Kilk (the First)...I could go on and on, but I think we all agree that anyone who uses JumbleTown (be it once a year or once a day) deserves praise for helping their local community and environment.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote