View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-03-2009 , 05:55 PM #1
jennie

Default Takers using "Name in the Hat" Phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN
"Givers are not permitted to post "names-in-the-hat" or raffle-style ads."

"However, we've noted that some Givers post so-called "names-in-the-hat" or "raffle-style" ads, with the laudable intention of allowing as many people as possible to express their interest in an item. In some cases, this has led to ads/threads with pages and pages of posts from potential Takers. From now on, these types of ads are prohibited; in other words, no Giver's ad will be allowed to have more than 10 potential Takers."

From a JT point of view from what I can see from there, it in no way says that a Taker cannot reply with the phrase "Throw my name in the hat" , Many JT's do use this reply & they get it thrown back at them by another JT when they reply "No names in the hat anymore, it's banned"

So could Admin please clarify in black & white if takers can still use the phrase, as we all know it's banned if your a giver who is posting "names-in-the-hat" or "raffle-style" threads.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to know, rather than a non Admin member telling them they can't say it because it's banned!
jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links