View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-01-2010 , 10:38 PM #1
dee1

Default Frozen pipes. No water in tanks in attic.

Ok guys i need advice here please.I have main supply coming in but have no cut off valve,ie tap,dont know why renting off council,anytime there is a plumbing prob for past 11 yrs,they connect a garden hose to copper cylinder and down the stairs into garden to drain supply....just discovered after baths last night no taps connected to attic supply working...so I went to attic to investigate and found large tank dry small one with ball cock begining to freeze....I know the possibilities of pipes bursting or leaking with the thaw but could there be any chance does anyone know that if i was to wrap the pipes up there with old clothes etc,would it help prevent the leak or is it too late,I've rang a few plumbers for advice but all they will tell me is wait to see what happens when the thaw comes.......Also I have an open fireplace with back boiler,I know i cant heat the rads with a big fire if there is no electricity but can i with my water situation,i know theres water in the boiler that circulates to the rads but after that im at a loss.....

PLEASE can anyone Advise.....

thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and can advise me on what to do.I rang the council hotline but have to wait in turn till mon.....
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links