View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-01-2010 , 12:09 AM #5
dee1

First off I want to thank everyone for their assistance,it was reall nice of you all...

Ok,well by the grace of the Gods, for no apparent reason while i was cleaning the bathroom this afternoon, hit a pipe with the mop next thing the toilet cistern started to fill,so up with me to the attic and low and behold there was the large tank filling up,I was like a child on Christmas morning with excitment, and yes I have to admit tears of joy,see I'm easily pleased, anyway tonight the plummer out our way who heard the story through that ever famous grapevine rang, told him the story and he said he would call within a half hour,which he did.You know what had happened, the cock stop had jammed hence the reason for the dry tank, so he said, he reckons the vibration from the bang jolted the stopcock,He also said that it is often the stopcock that can cause other probs like overflowing etc...

Anyway so long as it wasn't anything like burst pipes I'm not complaining and he is going to call tomorrow to lag my pipes and see about supplying me with a shut off system under the sink,and to put my mind at ease because when they layed new paths in our area they covered over the external cut off valves,he showed my which taps to shut down my internal water supply if I needed to, not that I plan to.So I<m one happy woman tonight and againg would thank all thoes who replied with words of advice and offers of help.

Bright Blessings to you and yours.....dee1.
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote