View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-04-2010 , 11:52 AM #6
Belarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrazzaband
A year and a half later I still feel the same way. Strange to see I am on my own..very lonely out here .lol
I do miss those bags, I always reused them to the full. They were perfect for ashes from coal fire but not worth 22c for the privalage.
What they could have done is given an allownace of say 20bags per year per per person and then pay.

It all still gets to me. Recycle, recycle. Pay more pay more for the privilage!
Still, 'twas a great piece of social engineering. Shame they cant dream up something as efective to tackle anti social behaviour.

Not long now before they smack you all with those water charges.
All the bloody rain in Ireland and they cant store it till we need it. Jesus, this isnt the bloody Nevada desert!!!

Rant over, Good morning.

Good afternoon everybody. I agree with you Garrazzaband a thousand per cent on all these plastic bag charges. I will not go on the rant about it as it would just go on forever.
But now to my big crib of the day - WATER CHARGES. Yes they should be able to store it My God we are not short of rainwater in this country. My big one is are they going to charge those poor fools - ME - for having our own well and our own water supply. After all they do not own the water or in any way contribute to me having my own supply. Living in the country we do not have public lighting, water scheme, sewage or bus service. Should we require to use a bus we need to travel nearly five miles to get to the nearest bus which travels once a day each way so you must stay in town all day or find your own way home. My BIG ONE IS THE WATER CHARGE AND I AM WAITING PATIENTLY TO SEE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. DOES ANYBODY ELSE FEEL STRONLY ABOUT BEING CHARGED WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR OWN SUPPLY PROVIDED BY YOURSELF AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE.
Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote