View Single Post
Old Posted: 24-09-2010 , 09:46 PM #28
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default cheap plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie pal
Thanks for answering mandolin! i look forward to hearing from you.
would it be ok if you PM me on this? I am not sure STILL how to work this site but one thing for sure, i seem to get notified when a pm is sent so that way I really, really know a quest, question, prob, request has been seen and answered!!!!!
xminnie pal
Hi Minniepal, have been reading this blog and have seen your lovely garden photos. Woodies have usually a couple of trollies in their garden centre with plants reduced. Once it comes to the end of a season the plants have to go. I got loads of herbs for 10c each--a bit pot bound and straggly but cheered up when planted with room to stretch their toes, sorry roots!! The other day I called in and got trays of winter flowering pansies and violas with 10 plants in each for 50c, also an ornamental grass which was pot bound and had lots of 'babies' growing out of the original. took it out of the pot and split it-got 20 mini plants but they will grow. They have chrysanthemums too 6 for 50c. These are good as they come back every year. You can get a lot of plants for a few €. Cheers, Eibhlin.
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote