View Single Post
Old Posted: 28-04-2008 , 06:15 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuarty
Hi everyone, I had a friend down from the North at the weekend, she was horrendously jealous of the the fab things I have got from Jumbletown... Does anyone know of any similar sites in the North?? or could this be an idea for expanding Jumbletown?
Hi Stuarty,

JumbleTown can be used by all who live on the island of Ireland. If you click on the "Find New Items" button (just above the Support Forum and to the left of the Log-in Box), you'll notice that all counties are included in the drop-down box. To date, very few people in Northern Ireland have joined (if memory serves me right, there are a couple of JumbleTowners in Armagh and Fermanagh). Due to lack of funding, we haven't advertised in Northern Ireland.

So, in short, JumbleTown does exist in Northern Ireland. For geographical reasons, the "dot ie" domain name/URL is used. (We did launch a JumbleTown.co.uk website at the same time as JumbleTown.ie, and this was intended to serve the British "mainland" but we took it down after a few days when we realised that managing the website for the island of Ireland was a monstrous task in itself!)

Stuarty, please ask your friend to register and participate in the JumbleTown community which hopefully will emerge in their local area if we get some funding from the Northen Ireland Local Authorities and if your friend spreads the word and/or puts up a few of these very natty JumbleTown posters!
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote